It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s business advisory councils disbands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So these morons had some hand in directing the future of the country, but decided to use this faux outrage as an excuse to make things worse.

Congratulations idiots.

Morons Trump apparently HAND PICKED...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Black_Fox

And here comes the "what about hillary?"

Explain this to me

No.

Why not?

This is about politicians, right?
And there words?

No?

So Trump more than explains his views, and yet this wasn't mentioned once during her run fro president.
If she had won, I doubt you would have anything to say.

link   

Wait. I thought that Trump said people are waiting to join these councils. Aw, shucks.

link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Really? So I'm just making # up that his entire business council board has been quitting the board over the last few days because of the things he said? This is all in my mind? Yeah right. Wake up. This isn't just me or anti-Trump supporters. Trump crossed a line the other day that he shouldn't have crossed and you guys are too sycophantic to call him on it.

No i guess i'm just capable to listen to his own words and seperate fact from fiction. I heard what i needed to hear and that he condemned all sides. Something a true leader does because even if you hate Nazis,white natioanlists,white supremacists and are itching to eradicate them they are still americans and human beings for better or worse. Hate me,blame me,label me call me whatever your heart desires i don't care. I value my integrity and honesty more then to push some bull# agenda.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

link   

Strange he should pull the plug after tweeting this yesterday.

For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council,I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
twitter.com...

Obviously not.

And then wipe $5.7bn off the value of Amazon shares today with this.

Amazon is doing great damage to tax paying retailers. Towns, cities and states throughout the U.S. are being hurt - many jobs being lost!
twitter.com...

Amazon said they were creating 100,000 more jobs in the U.S back in January.

The world's largest online retailer will grow its full-time U.S. workforce by more than 50 percent to over 280,000 in the next 18 months, it said in a press release
www.reuters.com...

He never fails to amaze.

edit on 16-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Walked back on? How so? Because he told it like it is and blamed both sides? Which by the way is TRUE, no matter how you feel about it and no matter how much you hate Nazis.

Here, even though I know you'll spin it and try to rationalize it to fit your bizaarro world.

link   

Because this thread isn't about Hillary Clinton. I don't know if you noticed but I didn't say her name once in the OP so talking about her is offtopic and I will not follow that (predictable) deflection with you. Maybe you can troll someone else with that line of reasoning in the thread, but I'm not biting.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You know what's truly logic defying and the biggest mark that the US President is an utter tool and probably a racist? He'd rather hold onto the monsters AMONG his supporters than risk a temporary drop in his support than reach out to the rest of the country.

This is a huge blow, this wasn't his choice but him trying to save face. His losing all moderate support.

This!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Create a swamp.

Drain that swamp.

Claim success?

Seems to be the way of things, yes.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This wasn't the time to condemn all sides. If a Nazi hadn't of driven a car into a crowd of people killing one I would agree with you that condemning the violence on both sides is the correct course of action, but one side CLEARLY escalated the situation into further repugnant territory and they are NOT equally as bad as the other side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Because this thread isn't about Hillary Clinton. I don't know if you noticed but I didn't say her name once in the OP so talking about her is offtopic and I will not follow that (predictable) deflection with you. Maybe you can troll someone else with that line of reasoning in the thread, but I'm not biting.

No, I wanna know why her and her husbands explanation was ok with the people and the media?

I wanna know, what's the difference.
Where's the perspective?

What did they do differently than him?

Tell us and then tell Trump.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

First off, by the time he issued that statement the damage had been done. Second off, no one believes he was sincere and it was obvious he was forced to do it. Third off, he walked it back. So you can show it to me all day, but it isn't going to change things. And it has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter. Trump's business council is quitting on their own. Something you'll just have to get right with. You may be ok with that #ty response from Trump, but most of the US isn't.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I know. These people leave over the things he says and the first thing he does is attack them on Twitter. This guy is just the worst sort of scumbag.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The cognitive dissonance on this thread is stunning. Trump sounded like a lunatic last night, and doesn't think that white supremacists and Nazis are bad people. This is a man who looks and sounds utterly out of his depth and increasingly unhinged.

Pass the popcorn please.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

First off, the article's title was too long. I had to clip parts of it and that is why the thread title doesn't match the article title.
Trump’s business advisory councils disband as chief executives repudiate president over Charlottesville views
So over the last few days members of Trump's business council have been quitting, but it looks like over lunch just now Trump had to finally kill it off. Apparently none of them agree with Trump's moral relativism of trying to falsely equivalize Nazis and the counterprotesters. Pretty much EVERYONE is coming out against Trump's words here. Nazis are bad. How is that so hard for the guy to get?

President Trump’s relationship with the American business community suffered a major setback on Wednesday as the president was forced to shut down his major business advisory councils after corporate leaders repudiated his comments on the violence in Charlottesville this weekend.

Trump announced the disbanding of the two councils — the Strategy & Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Council, which hosted many of the top corporate leaders in America — amid a growing uproar by chief executives furious over Trump's decision to equate the actions of white supremacists and protesters in remarks Tuesday at Trump Tower.

Earlier Wednesday, the CEOs of Campbell Soup and the conglomerate 3M resigned from the manufacturing council. “Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville,” Campbell Soup chief executive Denise Morrison said. “I believe the president should have been — and still needs to be — unambiguous on that point.”

As the number of resignations swelled, Trump announced on Twitter afternoon that he'd shut down the councils. “Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum. I am ending both,” he wrote.

Trump's supporters may be ok with him normalizing Nazism but the rest of world sure as hell isn't and his Presidency is starting to suffer for it. I applaud the businessmen and women that stood up to Trump's thuggery and told him that he is wrong. Both sides weren't equally guilty on Saturday. The Nazis need to be denounced.

Not that expect any of you to actually read differing opinions, but The Conservative Treehouse offers what may be ulterior motives as to why they are actually stepping down.

To summarize, NAFTA is up and Trump has been talking trade war with China and hitting them for theft of our intellectual property. As a lot of you know, large corporations love China for their barely better than slave labor manufacturing. A big part of Trump's campaign was counter to NAFTA / China. Many of the business CEOs thought they might influence Trump on this council, but are probably finding he isn't going in the direction they really want. They can't just step down without cover because it exposes where they really stand when it comes to the American worker. However, this Charlottesville stuff gives them a good cover while the uninformed are distracted with claims of normalizing nazis.

On Eve of NAFTA Renegotiations CEOs Drop Masks...

Toward that end manufacturing CEO’s, who have vested interests in retaining international manufacture of their products for U.S. market, took up positions aboard President Trump’s manufacturing council in an effort to steer the “America First” shift in economic policy. Those CEO council voices initially convinced President Trump not to “scrap” the NAFTA trade deal and instead requested a “re-negotiation” therein. However, on the eve of the actual re-negotiation taking place, and against the backdrop of looming and consequential trade sanctions against China, those same entities are facing a reality where the system enabling their continued indulgences is likely to be collapsed. Because Trump.

Read the entire article...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This wasn't the time to condemn all sides. If a Nazi hadn't of driven a car into a crowd of people killing one I would agree with you that condemning the violence on both sides is the correct course of action, but one side CLEARLY escalated the situation into further repugnant territory and they are NOT equally as bad as the other side.

No i'm disgusted that people exploited the poor woman the second it was announced that she died. I would never do that to justify any agenda period. Both sides are too blame for this. Violence breeds violence and now innocents will die just because they look like a Nazi or they disagree with someone on a political topic. Actions have conequences.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So much for the argument that he's in Oligarch's pockets...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Like I said, no matter what Trump does, it will be considered not good enough and be met with ridicule.

It's a lose lose lose.

edit on 16-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This was an example of domestic terrorism. Plain and simple. If you think both sides are equivalent then you just accused the antifa people of domestic terrorism for protesting. Which is wrong because protesting is a protected right under the 1st Amendment.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
The cognitive dissonance on this thread is stunning. Trump sounded like a lunatic last night, and doesn't think that white supremacists and Nazis are bad people. This is a man who looks and sounds utterly out of his depth and increasingly unhinged.

Pass the popcorn please.

" Trump sounded like a lunatic last night, and doesn't think that white supremacists and Nazis are bad people"

Ok, your a liar.

You already know that though.

Post where he said " Trump sounded like a lunatic last night, and doesn't think that white supremacists and Nazis are bad people"

I know exactly where you got that statement, and you post it out of context.

He was saying there were good people on both sides, cause not everyone there was a Nazi or kkk member, or an emo dressing anarchist.

This lying is willful ignorance and stupidity.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: SPELLing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join