It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lenin Statue Still Stands in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Let's bring down the statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle. The communists have set enough of a precedent tearing down Confederate statues that we should go all out and remove other offensive statues such as these. The people of the Velvet Revolution, though they've lived through the worst conditions, cannot live through the pain of a standing statue of Vladimir Lenin.

edit on 16-8-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Uhhh what communists.....

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can't even believe that pig has a statue inthe USA

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fair is fair.

Equality right?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Me and my GF fight about these issues, she is a uninformed liberal. I brought up the Lenin statue and she didn't know who he was. This is what the progressive movement thrives on, the ignorant and uninformed.reply to: TheTory

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not at all THAT happened too .
it should be displayed in an appropriate place where such things are studied as cautionary examples that are enemies of Constitutional values.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Fair is fair.

Equality right?

Not only that, but it hurts the feelings of those who survived the Communist gulags, that only tearing down these statues will help them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Informed, progressive uber liberal here...I wouldn't mind seeing this statue removed, but replace it with Socrates, Bruno or Dawkins

link   
"They" can remove any and every statue in the country, but don't mess with the statue of James Brown in Augusta, Ga.

link   

The statue is actually privately owned and on private property. Funny, thing about it, it was found in a scrap yard. It's also frequently adorned with various kitsch.

Oh, and it's not there to lionize Lenin. It's sort of a ironic art installation.

But I'm sure whatever social media post directed you to be butthurt and share informed you of all that? Or did they spoon-feed you just as much information as you needed to serve in your useful idiot capacity?
edit on 2017-8-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's very easy to get this statue removed if you don't like it...it's just being held here temporarily until it is sold.

For $150,000...you can buy it, remove it, destroy it, do whatever you want with it....no one is going to cry and whine about it.

So go ahead, pony up.
edit on 16-8-2017 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I disagree.

I do not seek to sink to that level.

I have nor problem for the sake of art history or whatever of leaving a statue of a man the was directly responsible for the murder of countless people.

I see no positive is this form of pseudo censorship from any side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Uhhh what communists.....

They were members of Workers World Party.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Pretty sure they raised the price. Maybe Donald Trump can buy it and have the head replaced with his own?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The statue is actually privately owned and on private property. Funny, thing about it, it was found in a scrap yard. It's also frequently adorned with various kitsch.

Oh, and it's not there to lionize Lenin. It's sort of a ironic art installation.

But I'm sure whatever social media post directed you to be butthurt and share informed you of all that? Or did they spoon-feed you just as much information as you needed to serve in your useful idiot capacity?

Unlike you I do not stare through the eyes of social media. I do not gauge life or author my threads through the stimulating life of my twitter feed.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Pretty sure they raised the price. Maybe Donald Trump can buy it and have the head replaced with his own?

You are right...I think it is $250,000 now.

Small price to pay if they are truly offended by it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I disagree.

I do not seek to sink to that level.

I have nor problem for the sake of art history or whatever of leaving a statue of a man the was directly responsible for the murder of countless people.

I see no positive is this form of pseudo censorship from any side.

I was being sarcastic. I do not agree with the tearing down of statues.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Small price to pay if they are truly offended by it.

You're offended by a statue of a confederate General, but not a communist dictator?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster
a reply to: bananashooter

Informed, progressive uber liberal here...I wouldn't mind seeing this statue removed, but replace it with Socrates, Bruno or Dawkins

Dawkins?! Ok, so he was good in Hogan's Heroes, but that game show wasn't so good until he showed up in The Running Man.

Seattle. They're pretty creative there. Keep the statue. Its purpose there is justified because art.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
LOL at the backlash from some members here.

Antideluvian has a great idea!
Tell Trump to buy it and put his head on it!
Genius anti!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join