It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Pastor calls for removal of Washington statue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I like small government, small either confederations or councils, worker ownership of some of the means of production, taxes for the common good such as health care, infrastructure, common defense and education. As few laws as possible. I love the Constitution and see no need it can't fit with anything I said above.

It's quite utopian, I know but I can't see a reason not to work toward something like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Edumakated

Should we not honor the Treaties too?

Huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Pastor is not necessarily asking the city rename the parks altogether. He suggested Washington Park could be named after former Mayor Harold Washington, and Jackson Park could be named after singer Michael Jackson.

Freddie 'Boom Boom' Washington is undoubtedly the most suitable alternative...

Hi There...the names have all changed since you hung around...

edit on 16-8-2017 by Prankster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

worker ownership of some of the means of production

Oh you mean like people being able to buy stocks in companies ?

Ownership.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
OK, thanks for the update. I will try to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest.
cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Tempter
All you white people can expect to pay reparations for slavery soon.
If you disagree, you are a Nazi and can be stabbed.

Fun times ahead.

Thank you George Soros.

Soros is 87 and can't exit this world fast enough. As to paying reparations, I will gladly do so for anyone who suffered through slavery. Now that we are 150+ years past the Civil War, I can't imagine that there will be many claimants.

If the distant relatives want reparations, we will also have to do DNA analysis to determine their tribe of origin, revoke their US citizenship, and repatriate them in their ancestral homes. They may then sue the tribe that captured their forebears and sold them into slavery.

Beating and stabbing people for lack of enthusiasm in denouncing others sounds like AntiFa are the actual Nazis. I'll send them to discuss it with Herr Glock.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
OK, thanks for the update. I will try to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest.
cheers

to you!
Personally, I hate the terms alt-left and alt-right and am tired of hearing/seeing them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The U.S. Flag will be the next target.

It's based on George Washington English ancestral family crest.

Look at the Black Bird on the top. The U.S. Eagle maybe ?

(post by manuelram16 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Personally, I hate the terms alt-left and alt-right and am tired of hearing/seeing them.

How bout dumb and dumber ?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

How bout dumb and dumber ?

Works for me!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you , I just don't understand how more people can't understand this, it is really pretty simple and if my dumb ass can figure it out than anyone should ...lol

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am not fond of them either. ketsuko and I spoke about this earlier. Using terms like that really is a lazy man's way of discussing issues. Hopefully you and I and others can cut back on her usage of them. Good talking with you

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

The bible condones slavery? I just found the evil demographic they will target next when they finally grow bored of tearing down statues.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlins are bored too

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

What comes after that?

Genocide.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think we already pay . I'm sure my taxes go to fund some reparations now .

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Whose usage of them? I don't generally. But there are those who want more government control and those of us who want less.

Some people, like yourself if I recall correctly, want government to control certain things in the public interest which is the same as more government control to a lot of us.

More government control trends toward more decisions other people whom you have no control over in the slightest making decisions that impact your life in very intimate ways. For example, Barack Obama saying that sometimes grandma should just have the pain pill. Who is some bureaucrat to simply look at numbers and decide for your grandmother, not all grandmothers are created equal. Your 85-year-old granny could be on her way to 100+ and have another 15 to 20 years left to her.

What do you call people who want more government control? In this country, that is generally a left leaning position.
edit on 16-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

I like small government, small either confederations or councils, worker ownership of some of the means of production, taxes for the common good such as health care, infrastructure, common defense and education. As few laws as possible. I love the Constitution and see no need it can't fit with anything I said above.

It's quite utopian, I know but I can't see a reason not to work toward something like that.

Libertarian? Too bad we do not have that loose confederation of States...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsukoI think we share the same concerns over despotic control of our lives. Icy as our main difference is who we think those despots are. While you point out the politicians and those in government I see a picture that is a bit different. I see it as the corporations that are the real despots. The extreme wealthy, the oligarchs, those that have transcended capitalism and are turning our world into fiefdoms. All of those 1984 and brave new world fears that we have can be made realized by either government or corporations. You choose to fight the government while I choose to fight the corporations. I do not like the way the corporations have taken over our government , Our government. But to me the only way to really fight those corporations, those international corporations is through taking back our government first.
I do not want any government Democrat party or republican party that fails to do battle against those corporations. When I hear Donald Trump speaking out and leading the charge against the corporate world that is when I will start supporting Donald Trump. I did not support Hillary Clinton. To some degree I did support Bernie.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thing is that the more power you invest in government, the more power there is there to buy. If your concern is that corporations are busy buying power from the government, then why hand it more power? It's not like it will suddenly find its scruples and start doing things in your interests or mine.

The laws being bought are advantaging the corps and allowing them to be what they are. Without those laws, they would have to actually compete with other businesses rather than pay for the government to wage lawfare on their behalf.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join