It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland is 'eradicating' (murdering) Down Syndrome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Thankyou, silo13 your threads always amuse me. As does your naievity, lack of understanding and archaic ideologies on a ever increasing number of topics.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm on the side of choice. Most women who have late term abortion do so because they got a bad prognosis, not because their pregnancy is unwanted. If a woman is undecided of which is best solution for her, she should have all the information available to make that choice.

The OP has posted this thread for a purpose. I think the direction may be misguided, trying to shame women who do choose to end a wanted pregnancy, due to a bad diagnosis. But I think her motivation is based on her love for her granddaughter. I just think she'd have better luck dispensing her message using her energy to share her experience of having a down syndrome grandchild than trying to condemn abortion.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thank you for your words of encouragement, but no. I wasn't even going to bring my personal life into this for the very reason it’s not DS children being killed that bothers me so much as children being killed at all because they’re not deemed socially acceptable.

What I'm seeing very clearly is - the world is taking a stand for genocide by not taking a stand against aborting a baby due to the lack of worth society has deemed that child to have or have not.

It has nothing to do with me - but the children who are being killed and the culture that's normalizing infanticide and genocide.

Thank you though.
Your kindness does not go unnoticed.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I know, right?

How dare women have a choice on what happens to their bodies!

Next thing you know, women will be thinking for themselves, have rights and be able to vote.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

Thankyou, silo13 your threads always amuse me. As does your naievity, lack of understanding and archaic ideologies on a ever increasing number of topics.

Peace.

Best compliment I've ever gotten here on ATS and coming from a greenie no less! Woohoo!

I strive to be naive to the world.

To believe in something that's bigger and has lasted longer than time.

A willful lack of understanding for the world participating in atrocities never seen to date.

Thank you for your kindness - I'm feeling pretty good about now.

Though on topic - sure - I don't see abortion as black and white as people might think - but when the government steps in? There is NO gray.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I know, right?

Next thing you know, women will be thinking for themselves, have rights and be able to vote.

*Face palm*

Look! It’s you again, lol.

News Flash: Do you realize the most dangerous place for a child in the USA is in it’s mother's womb?

Think about that a moment.

You want to call it a 'woman's choice', fine. Good for you.

I'll be the one crying over the poor little thing as it’s vacuumed or cut out of his or her so called ‘mother’ like so much trash.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I know, right?

*Face palm*

Look! It’s you again, lol.

And it's you again. Preaching your hate for anything you don't agree with.

News Flash: Do you realize the most dangerous place for a child in the USA is in it’s mother's womb?

NEWS FLASH: It's the same around the world. The USA isn't the be all and end all of everything.

Think about that a moment.

It would actually be novel if you thought for once, but you can't because "religion".

You want to call it a 'woman's choice', fine. Good for you.

Thanks. It's a woman's body. Not mine, not yours and not anyone else's but hers.

I'll be the one crying over the poor little thing as it’s vacuumed or cut out of his or her so called ‘mother’ like so much trash.

As opposed to being born and ditched in a clinic? I'd rather go with aborted.

peace

You don't know the meaning of the word lol.
edit on 1682017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Thank you for your words of encouragement, but no. I wasn't even going to bring my personal life into this for the very reason it’s not DS children being killed that bothers me so much as children being killed at all because they’re not deemed socially acceptable.

What I'm seeing very clearly is - the world is taking a stand for genocide by not taking a stand against aborting a baby due to the lack of worth society has deemed that child to have or have not.

It has nothing to do with me - but the children who are being killed and the culture that's normalizing infanticide and genocide.

Thank you though.
Your kindness does not go unnoticed.

peace

I asked earlier. If the fetus is not able to live yet in any way and is still a empty shell basically.(no heart or brain activity yet) is i t still murder to you? ALot of these terminated pregnancies seem to be before that stage these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I believe life starts at conception.

Not much more I can say than that other than genocide in any form is something none of us want to be involved with.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Not much more I can say than that other than genocide in any form is something none of us want to be involved with.

peace

If life started at conception, how come the "life" can't live without its host?

The zygote is literally a parasite until it can live without aid from another.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wasn't the choice whether or not to have sex when you know it could result in bringing forth a life? And when you kill a baby, isn't that making a choice on what happens to the babies body? I guess they don't get a choice.

peace

If life started at conception, how come the "life" can't live without its host?

The zygote is literally a parasite until it can live without aid from another.

Aren't parasites alive? By your own admission, life starts at conception.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Wasn't the choice whether or not to have sex when you know it could result in bringing forth a life? And when you kill a baby, isn't that making a choice on what happens to the babies body? I guess they don't get a choice.

Contraception failing to work isn't a choice. Rape isn't a choice. Both of those get you pregnant.

Yet a zygote can't be alive without its host.

The day you can take a 2 week old bit out of a woman and it stays alive by itself, is the day I'll say it's alive.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

.... life starts at conception.

A living ova is chemically transformed through the interaction of a living sperm. Live is not created or started. Life is a continuous cycle.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My initial comment wasn't a compliment - or a insult; purely a statement of fact. I'm not daft enough to debate with you, as I understand you are so brainwashed from whatever flavour of Christianity you adhere too, there's no changing your opinions. You're not here to have intelligent conversation, as you need flexibility in your ideas to have that. You are purely here to push your views onto everyone with a opinion contrary to your own. I'll reiterate what I said earlier, I'm not here to insult you, I'm just doing what I can to help you out with your rectal-cranial inversion.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Normalizing eugenics.

I wonder what trait they'll "eradicate" next.

Hopefully the willingness to post on internet forums.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm on the side of choice. Most women who have late term abortion do so because they got a bad prognosis, not because their pregnancy is unwanted. If a woman is undecided of which is best solution for her, she should have all the information available to make that choice.

The OP has posted this thread for a purpose. I think the direction may be misguided, trying to shame women who do choose to end a wanted pregnancy, due to a bad diagnosis. But I think her motivation is based on her love for her granddaughter. I just think she'd have better luck dispensing her message using her energy to share her experience of having a down syndrome grandchild than trying to condemn abortion.

We are usually in agreement. As we are now.

Information presented by Pro-Life sites is extremely bias. And in this case was incorrect.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Normalizing eugenics.

I wonder what trait they'll "eradicate" next.

Hopefully the willingness to post on internet forums.

Well of course.

We can't have free speech or different opinions now, can we?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Information presented by Pro-Life sites is extremely bias. And in this case was incorrect.

Yep. That's a given!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Contraception failing to work isn't a choice. Rape isn't a choice. Both of those get you pregnant.

Yet a zygote can't be alive without its host.

The day you can take a 2 week old bit out of a woman and it stays alive by itself, is the day I'll say it's alive.

"Contraception failing to work isn't a choice." It's a risk you take when you make the choice.

"Rape isn't a choice" Which is why it's one of the few acceptable scenarios for abortion, and life of the mother being in jeopardy.

"The day you can take a 2 week old bit out of a woman and it stays alive by itself, is the day I'll say it's alive."

You can say whatever you want, you just won't be scientifically correct.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And being run over by walking out the door is a "risk you take" when going outside, but I'm sure you'd do something about it if there was an injury.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join