It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland is 'eradicating' (murdering) Down Syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
BIG deal it happens HERE for social convenience and lack of personal responsibility,called the FREECHOICE.
I wonder how many per year and what they use the bodies for like OUR abortion fans?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Here we go again, a thread where people will flock in to say it's a good thing for children to have Down Syndrome.

It's nothing short of evil to encourage severe genetic disorders to propagate in humanity.

Short of evil?

IT IS EVIL TO KILL THEM!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: silo13
You sound like exactly the kind of person who will say "how dare you abort a zygote!" but then also say "taxes shouldn't pay for your poor decision!"

Well I don't - so quit pressuming.

Fact is, disabled children require much more support than average.

Boy you are a rocket scientist huh.

Also, try not being alarmist about everything:

Olafsdottir responded, "We don't look at abortion as a murder. We look at it as a thing that we ended. We ended a possible life that may have had a huge complication... preventing suffering for the child and for the family. And I think that is more right than seeing it as a murder -- that's so black and white. Life isn't black and white. Life is grey."

Not be an alarmist about someone saying 'We don't look at abortion as murder?'

Let's see, if that's not something to get ALARMED OVER? What is? Your fidget spinner broke?

There are some things in life that are not black and white, agreed, but abortion not being murder is like saying you’re just a little bit pregnant.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Defective genes, though.
Shouldn't this be the goal? To clean up our race enough to give us a chance of surviving the future?

The point that so many people are being willfully ignorant NOT OT NOTICE? (Not necessarily you)...

Where do you draw the line?

Ok, so first it's babies with Down's Syndrome.

Then what?

I know, let's kill all the black people carrying sickle cell anemia. Now there's a good one.

Really, who are we to judge what life is worth keeping and what life is worth murdering.

And if you want to put that kind of power into the hands of your government?

You deserve exactly what you get.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eirgud

I posted no statistics.

And where are all ‘these people with Downs’ - THEY KILLED THEM.

Me being childish? Listen to yourself you little brat! 'Having a child with downs severely impacts your ability to live your own life'.

SO JUST KILL IT cause you want to 'live your own life"? Oh my God. You spoiled little brat. And I'm childish, lol. Wake the *F* up son.

peace

Well, I'll give. You didn't directly post statistcs, but you likened this to killing off "half the population" - like Hitler.

And you take what I said out of context. The part where "it limits your ability to live your own life" was followed by "so you cannot provide love and care for your child." Not many people cope well with raising a downs child. I'ts heartbreaking to see how many of them are just left at institutions due to parents who are not up to it. I as a human, would rather die than rot away at an institution. I have seen people give it all they got for many years. Most (not all) give up because of the extreme difficulty of taking care of someone that is that handicapped. I know this ain't exactly what is right, but its often the resault non the less.

And you sir, really come off as an opinionated brat yourself.

"peace"

Ok, so you as a human would rather die than spend your life in an institution. Ok, so you've made that decision for yourself.

But what happens when someone else makes that decision for you?

Ok kills you?

Anyway, thank you.
A good heated conversation shakes out the wrinkles sometimes.

Oh, and by the way - I'm a chick.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But there are whole societies in Europe that want to prevent people with Down's Syndrome from being born.

They hate people with Down's Syndrome so much that they don't want any of them in the population.

But if a person said that they didn't want someone with Down's Syndrome sitting next to them of a bus..... OH!

Or... "I don't want a black man next to me, or a blind woman, or a mute kid, or a AIDS victim, or a..."

Society is trying to groom you into believing it's 'OK' to 'put down' or 'kill' this segment of it's people.

And when you become one of the segments of society no longer wanted?

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I was under the misassumption each parent had to carry the gene for DS.

It's what I was taught growing up.

It's wrong.

So, I should have edited that out - but - in the whole theme of the thread it still fits.

What if YOU become a carrier of some dreadful malady society abhors. Your choice is to be sterilized, or killed.

Sure I'm taking it to the extreme - the point is - every journey starts with one step and this world is RUNNING in the direction of eugenics.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

At a woman's choice.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

At a woman's choice.

Sure, if the woman wants to murder and you know that's not the point so your little one liner flopped.

peace
edit on 3737Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OP clearly has never cared for anyone with Down. This is not something to just shove on the parents, it's a lifelong commitment that transcends normal parenting obligations. They're heavily mentally draining and extremely expensive, especially the older they get and the more their defects present. Heart problems, eye problems, blood problems, cancers, OP you are utterly ignorant of the true extent of the lifelong commitment and I'd implore you to STFU but know you won't. You're too blind with self-righteousness to bother trying.

My youngest brother has DS and got beat with the short stick medically, this is highly taxing on my elderly father and stepmother, they have no retirement savings or personal savings left, they're deep in medical debt, and non of the rest of us siblings can afford to take care of our brother -- what the insurance or even medicaid won't cover is STILL too expensive to swallow. And he is just in his 20's. My father is in his SEVENTIES. None of us siblings can afford to cover his care where the insurance gaps crop up. My stepmother is fraught with stress with trying to figure out how to afford to care for him when my father dies, it's going to happen sooner or later and she's going to be stuck with medical bills she cannot afford to pay on top of the ones they already have piling up NOW.

You know what you need to do, OP? Adopt a DS child. I don't GAF how broke you are now or how broke you end up, fricking do it & put your money where your mouth is, and don't bitch about how rough the hardship gets. You don't deserve to bitch.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Normalizing eugenics.

I wonder what trait they'll "eradicate" next.

Well IF its done before the child has a brain and a heart is it still Murder? th ebody is a empty shell until it gets a heartbeat.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

At a woman's choice.

Sure, if the woman wants to murder and you know that's not the point so your little one liner flopped.

peace

A woman's choice is the point. I's not your choice, It's not the government's choice.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Stormdancer777

hey sweetness, my sister has the same translocation I do, and she opted to abort. fyi, she's a staunch republican. you're an idiot.

Excuse me?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Why kill the parents? If I am correct Switzerland has been running its program for a few decades. All they do is before you're allowed to marry you must show that there are no genetic defects in your lineage. If you have they wont give you the licence to get married.

Yes, yes you can have children without getting married but in Switzerland it's a big no, no.

WOW really?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Thank you for sharing that story about you and your son...very moving. So sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
OP clearly has never cared for anyone with Down.

END of discussion RIGHT THERE.

How about you shut the *F* up with your presuming.

I have a DOWN'S GRANDCHILD YOU ASS! And no husband, no bank account. Neither does my daugher.

BUT, we love **** more than anything in the world and can't imagine a world without her in it! No one in our little family would ‘trade‘ her for anyone else for all the money in the world. Hardships, or no...

You know what you need to do, OP? Adopt a DS child. I don't GAF how broke you are now or how broke you end up, fricking do it & put your money where your mouth is, and don't bitch about how rough the hardship gets. You don't deserve to bitch.

Really? Reallllly?

I'm going to edit out how I initially responded.

It seems someone is 'too blind with self-righteousness' as it is and I feel too much pity for you to start another fight. It seems you have enough on your plate already.

I'm sorry for that.

peace
edit on 3603Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Our country is killing poor people constantly and I don't hear you whining about that. Before Obamacare they estimate 40,000 people in the US died every year from not having healthcare.

And as someone who has a friend with a severely disabled family member, I wouldn't wish that on anyone in the world and don't think we should force it on people.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
FACTS:

Icelandic doctors are required to tell expectant mothers about the availability of a screening test that can indicate (among many other things) the presence of Down syndrome in their fetus.

Some took this story and branded it as being about a mandated eugenics program. Others misrepresented the nature of the report itself.

Lifesitenews.com, for example, ran the factually inaccurate headline “Iceland kills 100% of babies with Down syndrome in abortion: New report.”

The report does not suggest that, however. It suggests that nearly 100 percent of the 80 to 85 percent of people who take the test choose to abort their pregnancy. There are similar termination rates after fetal diagnoses of Down syndrome in other European countries. In Denmark, for example, the rate is about 98 percent, CBS News reported. In the United States, for comparison’s sake, the rate of mothers choosing to terminate their pregnancy after receiving a Down syndrome diagnosis is about 68 percent.

“Babies with Down syndrome are still being born in Iceland,” Hulda Hjartardottir, head of the Prenatal Diagnosis Unit at Landspitali University Hospital, in which around 70 percent of Icelandic children are born, told CBS News.

www.snopes.com...

edit on 16-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Perhaps your energy would better spent explaining the joy that your granddaughter has brought to your family, along with the hardships that have been, I would assume, worth it, instead of shaming women who are too scared to give birth to a downs syndrome child.

Maybe provide links to support groups and success stories. Post pictures of successfully integrated downs children and their families. Stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

. . . instead of shaming women who are too scared to give birth to a downs syndrome child.

Scared?

Not everyone thinks/believes a pregnancy is a "Gift from God".

Some actually think its a biological occurrence caused by sperm fertilizing an egg.

And if there is a defect - - you end the pregnancy - - and try again (if that's what you want).

edit on 16-8-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join