It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When exactly were all these Confederate monuments put up???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

So if you want to run around here claiming you just want to preserve "history"...just remember you are wanting to preserve racism.

Wrong. You don't have to like history to preserve it.

Preserving history is just that. Wanting to preserve history is not preserving racism.

History will always be preserved, because you can't change it, (but I guess you can try to hide it).

It's not fair to pick and choose what you want to preserve from history.

As for the statues, it is a sad time indeed but.....They either all stay up, or they all come down.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No but I do by exposure to a martial environment thus tainting MY interpretations to that of a soldier with creativity and and a unique brain structure.
Had I served in Vietnam Aircav instead of Korean aircav I might be different or at LEAST wouldn't have married that Tie Kwon Do wielding ex of mine.
Funny how MANY DO completely get me and some are TERMINALLY confused and usually the same politically ( Or Not well read for the history)
It is fascinating but I have gotten into too many thread stealing arguments about this subject I DO have a handicap so I suppose I could THROW that at you and bitch but its MY handicap I can handle it
AND the discussion isn't about how well I am understood anyway.
edit on 16-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join