It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military service chiefs condemn racism, extremism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: vor78

I do.

When the US military becomes an echo chamber for the ALT left THAT is a problem.

Would you rather they be a echo chamber for the alt right? Your side? Are you a practicing member of the alt right?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When the US military becomes an echo chamber for the ALT left THAT is a problem.

The seminar I went to while in the military taught how integration and equality of races and religions makes the forces stronger and better able to resist enemy racial propaganda.

"Hey, GI. You look more like us than your platoon leader. Why you killing us? You should kill him."

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

To be honest.

I don't need the president, the media,military chiefs telling me what happen in Va is 'bad'.

It's self evident.

But if others want everyone else to act like Captains Obvious, and be told what they already know.

Then who am I to stand in the way of superfluousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Oh my goodness.

neo96, this is laughably dense, even by your low standards.

The military is not an echo chamber for, and let me correct you here, the left. There is no such thing as the alt-left, and indeed there is no such thing as the alt-right. The people you call "alt-right" are only correctly categorised as fascists, Nazis, White Supremacists, and apologists for that misbegotten group of degenerates.

The LEFT, which is all there is (and does NOT include the likes of Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama for that matter, since both are demonstrably corporatist, therefore at the very least centre right in actual polarity, for all their blather otherwise might indicate), since there is literally no left wing equivalent for the far right in your nations politics, and never has been, is simply rallying around their core values, and refusing to allow their country to be consumed by genocidal, eugenicist, fascist and Nazi ideologies, which is a totally legitimate stance to take, and not one which is being supported by the Military here in ANY fashion.

It seems pretty clear to me that the military is making a statement to its members, that the sort of behaviour exhibited by the far right groups in Charlottesville, will not be tolerated within the ranks of service personnel, which is a totally legitimate call on the part of those military personages.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Singswithchickens

I do.

Would you rather they be a echo chamber for the alt right? Your side? Are you a practicing member of the alt right?

Just exactly what was confusing in this post ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Singswithchickens

Don't ask. Just read everything this guy ever wrote on a political matter, and I will bet you, dollars to donuts, you will get a more accurate answer.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

US military service chiefs condemn racism, extremism

It's not the job of the military or it's chiefs to make comments about politics.

The only function of the military is to execute policy.

A case of be seen and not heard.

It's a case of EXACTLY like that 'separation of church and state'.

So moral for the integrated troops?

Come on man.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well good to see some real American leadership for a change regardless the quarter from where it came.

Honestly the only way to be offended by these honorable statements by these men is if you feel they are speaking against YOU.

K~
edit on 16-8-2017 by aethertek because: kantspel

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh my goodness.

neo96, this is laughably dense, even by your low standards.

The military is not an echo chamber for, and let me correct you here, the left. There is no such thing as the alt-left, and indeed there is no such thing as the alt-right. The people you call "alt-right" are only correctly categorised as fascists, Nazis, White Supremacists, and apologists for that misbegotten group of degenerates.

The LEFT, which is all there is (and does NOT include the likes of Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama for that matter, since both are demonstrably corporatist, therefore at the very least centre right in actual polarity, for all their blather otherwise might indicate), since there is literally no left wing equivalent for the far right in your nations politics, and never has been, is simply rallying around their core values, and refusing to allow their country to be consumed by genocidal, eugenicist, fascist and Nazi ideologies, which is a totally legitimate stance to take, and not one which is being supported by the Military here in ANY fashion.

It seems pretty clear to me that the military is making a statement to its members, that the sort of behaviour exhibited by the far right groups in Charlottesville, will not be tolerated within the ranks of service personnel, which is a totally legitimate call on the part of those military personages.

Wow, I wish I could give more than one star.

This is a brilliant well written post.

Do you mind if I use this language potentially on social media if credited to you?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The truth cannot be copyrighted. You can use any of my commentary in whatever manner you see fit, with or without accreditation, as long as you promise not to misquote.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Chairman Gen. of The Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke Thursday.

Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford said Thursday, "I can unambiguously tell you that there's no place, no place for racism and bigotry in the U.S. military or in the United States as a whole."

edit on 17-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

If you ban certain people from the military due to sexual or gender orientation, isn't that "hate" in sheep's clothing?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes

Military pushes back on Trump's transgender ban

Top members of the military are openly opposing President Trump's move to ban transgender troops, breaking with their commander-in-chief on whether the policy is necessary.

The Hill

top topics

<< 1   >>

join