It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durham statue destruction will not go unpunished.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

DURHAM The protester who climbed a ladder to help bring down a Confederate soldier statue was arrested Tuesday, and Sheriff Mike Andrews said his office will pursue felony charges against others. “Let me be clear, no one is getting away with what happened,” Andrews said. Takiyah Thompson, a member of Workers World Party and student at N.C. Central University, was arrested after activists held a press conference at NCCU Tuesday afternoon. In a release Thompson said she was the one who tied a rope around the soldier’s neck so that others could pull the statue to the ground. The protest left The Confederate Soldiers Monument, dedicated on May 10, 1924, headless on the grass. Thompson was charged with participation in a riot with property damage in excess of $1,500 (Class H Felony) and inciting others to riot where there is property damage in excess of $1,500 (Class F Felony), the Sheriff’s Office said. She also was charged with disorderly conduct by injury to a statue and damage to real property, both misdemeanors.

www.heraldsun.com...

I am glad this mouth breather and others like her will be punished and likely have a while to think about their actions. I don't care that you have fragile feelings. I don't care that you don't like something about the civil war, or can't handle the part where some in the south want to commemorate their fallen brethren with a statue. You don't have the right to dictate what happens to Civil war statues. We have a system of laws and jurisprudence in that if you don't like something, get a petition, make your case. If you do things the right way, perhaps more will be on your side, but this is not the way to do business.

And I have said it many times before, Yes, "they" are trying to take the flag. (the flag is symbolic to everything 'civil war' )

How long before the battleground museums are targeted? How long before some KKK nutter decides it's his civic duty to shoot at someone defacing a statue? Both would be equally stupid, don't be that guy.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Workers world party? Notice that? All the Nazi rhetoric flying around yet who murdered more people around that same period of history?

Nazi's or Communists?

This is what our colleges are spitting out. Bolsheviks.

edit on 16-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: sp

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Workers world party? Notice that? All the Nazi rhetoric flying around yet who murdered more people around that same period of history?

Nazi's or Communists?

This is what are colleges are spitting out. Bolsheviks.

And some people still don't understand why I call both sides of this 'conflict' losers. It's like if you don't support the Communists and Antifa you automatically support Nazis. They can all sod off.

I don't like any of these people and hope they all get what they deserve.
edit on 2017/8/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
network dude ... WELL SAID

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I say we let the Communist and Nazis face off in death race fashion.

We ahould arm them and put them in an arena, along with the idiots who really think these fat Nazis are the biggest threat to our country

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It could be like the Colosseum. Get some hungry lions to finish off the winners. I like it. Tickets should sell for at least $150 for the nose bleed seats.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

exactly!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It could be like the Colosseum.

Someone likes that. A lot.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes it seem those on the left do not understand that just because we hate or criticize Antifa and/or BLM does not mean we are Neo-Nazi. For me, I see all these groups as Anti-Freedom and they all make me sick. As Americans we should be Freedom loving, screw all these hate groups and politicians on both sides who want to take that away.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

We should thank the Nazi asstards and the Communist suck-weasels.

Really.

Pass the hat and get 'em a gift card or something.

Because they are doing more to unite the rest of the country than the past 3 presidents combined could have.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It could be like the Colosseum.

Someone likes that. A lot.

I had you in mind with that idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I seem to remember not too long ago, some talk about how employers had gotten access to their potential employees social media content. Some people were being denied jobs because of the pictures, selfies, and statements which they had made on face book, twitter, and the like.
Just how are these people, whose faces can be identified from the videos of some recent events, going to explain their behavior if they are called for a job interview? I would think their security credibility could suffer.
edit on 16-8-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Durham statue destruction will not go unpunished.

Yah, why stop at statues? Lets get to killing each other, over statues.

Try not to over react folks, is it that easy for you to get sucked into the idiot actions of a micro fraction of Us population?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You'll enjoy it too, I promise to get you into the Imperial Box.

edit on 16-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You'll enjoy it too, I promise to get you into the Imperial Box.

I'll bring popcorn. And light beer.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've seen so much outrage on ATS about the destruction of racist Confederate symbols.

(Remember, most of these statues were put up in the 1950s and 1960s as an insult to the civil rights movement. THey weren't put up to commemorate history, they were put up as a slap in the face to the civil rights people.)

And very little outrage about the destruction of a Holocaust memorial a few days ago.

You planning on punishing the nazis who destroyed that?

Don't you white supremacists ever get tired of your circle-jerk of white supremacist outrage?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

DURHAM The protester who climbed a ladder to help bring down a Confederate soldier statue was arrested Tuesday, and Sheriff Mike Andrews said his office will pursue felony charges against others.

www.heraldsun.com...

Now what ?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Nazi's or Communists?

Funny no one ever mentions the get off my lawn, freedom loving Kulaks that burned their crops, killed their livestock, and starved millions to death.

I wonder why that is?

edit on 16-8-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tear up a statue of a confederate soldier....lose your right to vote or own a gun?
great trade liberal idiot

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I've seen so much outrage on ATS about the destruction of racist Confederate symbols.

(Remember, most of these statues were put up in the 1950s and 1960s as an insult to the civil rights movement. THey weren't put up to commemorate history, they were put up as a slap in the face to the civil rights people.)

And very little outrage about the destruction of a Holocaust memorial a few days ago.

You planning on punishing the nazis who destroyed that?

Don't you white supremacists ever get tired of your circle-jerk of white supremacist outrage?

Source your statements or gtfo

edit on 16-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join