It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for the destruction...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWest

Well, maybe that's a relevant data point then! Maybe that is part of the point.

Why is it, do you suppose, that the MSM is hell-bent on starting a race war in this country??

Why is it, that the MSM speak like they represent the 99% when, in fact, they represent less than 1% of the population???

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
I like the way you wasted all that space to say nothing . Stating history of the US , for crying out loud.
I was THERE in those years
Those groups are still around , but have NOTHING to do with the current ANTI-FA
Get over yourself . There are folks , here in the US that know
And that reminds me some folks do not know what they think they know.
" Some folks , if they dont know you cant tell them" - Louis Armstrong
Done
Next

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Gothmog's made up assertion that the Antifa movement is a recent reaction to Trump. It has been around for a long time as a counter to Nazis..

Hogwash! Not in its current form it hasn't been! In fact, why don't you tell us when the term "antifa" was coined?

The anti-fascism movements of the 60's and 70's were a far different cause than today. All these millennials running around today have no idea what their cause even is, and because they're all just a bunch of wannabe's they had to find an evil sounding term to champion their cause. Fascism is what they chose because it brought back images of the civil unrest from decades past...nothing more. These people running around talking about fascism have absolutely ZERO idea what the word means and, frankly, they're the exact opposite of anti-fascists! Look up the definition yourself, it's not hard. They should remove the "anti" from their slogan, then they'd be more on track!

In their lazy and lethargic minds taking the term "fascist" (ooooooh, skeery sounding) and adding an "anti-" prefix makes it sound even more skeeewy! That's all the more they've thought the whole matter through. It's how shallow the whole generation is. Beyond that, they're just worried about themselves, in an extreme narcissistic way.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I really don't know. It's weird seeing all this on tv, reading it on the net and so forth. But in my daily life, with people i talk to, the hates not there like some say it is. The other day I went to a local restaurant for breakfast, it was packed. It felt like a family gathering. People was laughing, having fun, talking to people they didn't know like they did. Just to point out there was multiple races, dont know why I need to but felt i should. It was kinda one the best experiences I have had in awhile. Went home saw something on tv and was just confused. Then I thought about the Charlottesville protest, I wont believe alot of this hate till I see them hold a protest like that in a place like Chicago or such.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Why do I even bother posting links when no one is going to bother reading through the content..

You have a right to your opinion that Antifa is all about Trump..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Why do I even bother posting links when no one is going to bother reading through the content..

You have a right to your opinion that Antifa is all about Trump..

they appear have swallowed this whole antifa isn't anti fascist but a left wing hate mob as easily as alt-right isn't neo-nazi though we share their ideology.
yet they don't think they're being manipulated.
hilarious.

if only they could label a jew as the problem, george something...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Well, that wasn't the main thrust of my point really, but rather the anti-fa movement, in its current form, is a very recent phenomenon historically speaking.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

Oh that's just utter BS!! And you know it!

I certainly don't ascribe to any of this supremacist crap! I'm not "neo" anything. I don't see color.

However, I very much DO believe anti-fa is a left wing hate mob!!! They've demonstrated this, for all to see, over and over...and OVER!! And, you're lying to yourself if you suggest they haven't!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Fair enough, although I still disagree.

The attention that Antifa is getting from the media is recent, historically speaking. The counter protests against Nazis are not.. Frankly, I do not care for the anarchists destruction of property and violence, nor do I care for the Nazi intimidation and violence.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is exactly what im talking about. Its impossible to move forward and become better when everyone is still pointing fingers and blaming each side. Indifferences must be welcomed and accepted so long they do not harm you or physically effect your life!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bwomp83
This is exactly what im talking about. Its impossible to move forward and become better when everyone is still pointing fingers and blaming each side. Indifferences must be welcomed and accepted so long they do not harm you or physically effect your life!

I like to think I am apart of everyone, well sometimes. I haven't blamed any side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWest

Well, to use an analogy; you can have the nicest dog in the world, and your neighbor can have the nicest dog in the world. In fact, your whole block can have the nicest dogs imaginable, but if you put all those dogs together unsupervised I can guarantee you they're going to get into some bad trouble. Humans are no different. It's a pack mentality, a lynch-mob mentality. Individually, everyone is having a good time and minding their own business, but put them in a mob and they have a common enemy...the other guy, the other side. And to be fair, both sides are guilty of this same behavior. However, as we're seeing now, one side is more apt to form up into such a mob than the other.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bwomp83

Well, I can speak for myself when I say, I work 'hand in glove' with an overwhelming majority of folks with opposing political views every day, every single day. We work together to create great things too, very complex things.

That said, when people start calling me a "racist", or "neo"-(something or other) and start throwing urine filled balloons at me...well, I'm puttin' my ASS-KICKIN' boots on!!

There's a BIG difference!

Call me whatever you want, but I'm consistent in this respect.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thats the thing, It wasnt just a few humans. It was a group of humans, mixed raced, in a group NOT thinking about mobs or enemies. Alot of them stopped while traveling through. It wasnt just locals, it just sucks no one notices that kinda stuff anymore and find a way to make it look bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It sounds like you are a reasonable person (not sporting battle armor a club and a shield with a fascist logo, chanting "blood and soil!')

You have nothing to worry about from Antifa. If there is a day that changes, I will stand right next to you and defend you from them..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: growler

Oh that's just utter BS!! And you know it!

I certainly don't ascribe to any of this supremacist crap! I'm not "neo" anything. I don't see color.

However, I very much DO believe anti-fa is a left wing hate mob!!! They've demonstrated this, for all to see, over and over...and OVER!! And, you're lying to yourself if you suggest they haven't!!

Don't you see the problem though? You say you don't ascribe to any of this supremacist crap, but then you keep trotting out white-supremacist racist arguments, and then get upset and offended when people call you a racist for it.

Anti-fascists are not the equivalent of fascists. To say that people who stand against nazis are as bad as nazis is an incredibly racist position to take.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

My bad, I just reread what I said. Wanted to point out I dont think your trying to make it look bad. Kinda meant like news, how they would of spun it to make an article and such.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Dude...what color is the sky on your planet?????

Geezus!!!

How is any single argument I've made in ANY way white-supremacist???? How in the actual F# could you draw that conclusion from anything I've said??? Unless, of course, in your twisted mind, you just twist any counter argument to yours as 'racist / white-supremacist'! That's actually, most likely, what is going on here too!

edit on 8/16/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
the new S.S. Antifa !!

||_ _||
-
-
||_ _||

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Charlottesville was decent human beings coming together

Bull#!!! Charlottesville was a bunch of angry, hateful, violent people looking for a fight.......and I'm talking about BOTH sides. If they were "decent human beings", they would've kept their distance and protested peacefully. I saw neither side do that, so don't even try to call any of them "decent". They are not heroes. They're oppressors.

"And yet some people seem to think that anti-fascists are the EXACT SAME THING as fascists. And... well, they're not. "

With how they're acting, how they treat people who don't agree with them, yes, they are in fact doing the EXACT SAME THING as the fascists. You can "paint" it any way you want, but don't for a minute try to act like they're not similar. They actively shut down free speech whenever they can when they don't agree with it, they call any white person that doesn't agree is racist, and any minority(such as myself) is either a nazi sympathizer, or I'm "ignorant".

I honestly don't see how any sane person can agree with either side in this stupid time we live in. If you could take a few steps back, remove emotion from the equation, and just look at everything going on, it's hard not to be ashamed of both of them.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join