It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should be ashamed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

No you're trying to put a fire out with gas.

I'm specifically saying the second part you gloss over is the whole issue, and many look similar to legal arms.

Like biggest in the world-whole issue. I've said black market multiple times, try to keep up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

How about looking at facts before forming an opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are fully automatics legal for most people? That was my point.

No of course not. The only privately owned fully auto weapons in this country are grandfathered in and require extensive background checks to be able to own. I was just stirring the pot a bit.

Perhaps you should tell that to So Dumb.

The way I see things the whole semi vs auto debate is a distraction within the larger gun debate. As I said, semis are FAR more dangerous since automatic weapons are supposed to be suppression weapons. You use semi-auto weapons to single target and kill and automatic weapons to stop the other force from doing anything. It's just that Hollywood has overhyped the killing power of full autos by showing action stars being super effective shots shooting them (from the hip too).

So if you got a guy going on an on about automatic weapons in the gun debate, you already won because he has taken the distraction bait and isn't arguing any real issue.

I hear you on gun violence in general. I dont think there is an easy solution to that. Stupid, mentally ill and heavily medicated people as we have seen, will always find a way to kill. The vast majority of legal gun owners are just that, law abiding people. They aren't the problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SoDumb

...and how will any more laws on guns stop black market transactions? It's not like they follow the laws to begin with.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Sigrun

The alt-left has been out of control for years. Rioting, burning and killing.
The current "outrage" at them being called out for their behaviour shows once again the level of bias in the media, but it also begins to properly highlight a more sinister view of their "reporting" and gives credence to the view that they are in lock step with hate groups like BLM and Antifa.

Stop, just stop with this false equivalency.

A hate group is a social group that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, nation, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other designated sector of society.

White supremacists have at their core and as a principle hate - hate for races and ethnicities. BLM has at its core the fight against suppression of a race. Antifa at its core is the fight against everything a hate group stands for. So, if anything, BLM and antifa are the very opposite of hate groups. Yes, they sometimes use violence as a tactic, which I can't say I agree with, but that doesn't make them a hate group - it's used as a means, not the end. Their hatred is towards ideologies, not people - hate groups hate people. So now I suppose you'll come back at me and say they are a hate group against the white male sector of society - that poor, downtrodden minority, right?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I think torchlit processions are great and i've been on a few dedicated to Mary Queen of Heaven which were actually more exciting than the one in Charlottesville, but that aside i would never associate with the KKK or larping Neo-Nazi's, the problem is however that the extremism of the Alt-left is driving those otherwise moderate into alliance with the likes of those groups through common threat, inclusivity seems to be about making an enemy of everyone that doesn't accept the retarded dogma and ironically they're the one's behaving like lynch mobs, also feeling they are entitled to engage in little witch hunts such as here.

a reply to: kurthall

Well you think you know better than himself what the purpose was but i find that unlikely.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Sigrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoDumb
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well obviously THANK GOD he didn't shoot people. But we're going to call him brave for putting US in that situation?

hmmm

Who is US? Are you one of those ANTIFA terrorists? Genuine question.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: vor78

Wow, so you're telling me the similarity to the M4 and the AR-15 isn't nearly uncanny to someone that knows nothing about guns that cannot be frightening?

Look at what he put into the police car, and then tell me this doesn't look similar

The fact is, I play counter strike, and while I admit to not being a gun nut, the knowledge required by the public is too much to judge situations visibily from a distance to allow walking on the streets with a rifle. There are police that would fail these tests of judgement. That is enough for me to disagree with it.

Edit:
That women that shot it once has a permit right?

The Police didn't seem to be afraid of the gun or it's owner, even when he touched it going into the squad car.

But you play CS, so you know what you are talking about. Sheesh
edit on 16-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun

Look at them, like a pack of hyenas.

The police officer is absolutely right, these people would like nothing more than a repeat of Saturday to justify their own hate.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Thank you. I meant every word.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Again, my response to the other poster was to point out that federal law heavily restricts ownership and bans production of fully automatic weapons for the civilian market. If your point is about illegal firearms, yes, I'd agree with you that its a problem, but you're clouding that as an issue when you start trying to equate civilian legal AR-15s and such with fully automatic weapons. There are too many of us around here who know the laws with regard to firearms availability to let that slide.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

It seems to me that you don't know anything about firearms or US laws regarding them and are desperately trying to hold on to faulty argument in the face of facts.

You're just ignoring reality.

Reality: I've seen dozens of automatic weapons first hand owned by individual entrepreneurs.

Now ask your bogus question for me to get you 'data' about that.
so they are legally owning gun owners of fully automatic weapons? You know dozens of these people. You hang around with some really good folks it sounds like
edit on 16-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

'Terrorist Go Home' ?

Ashamed doesn't even begin to cover that event.

From the violation of HIS RIGHT to peaceable assembly to the cops telling him to leave.

There was nothing peaceable about what those other people did.

It's disgraceful.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: Sigrun

Look at them, like a pack of hyenas.

The police officer is absolutely right, these people would like nothing more than a repeat of Saturday to justify their own hate.

Give me a break, Its okay to hate hate, its not okay to support hate and what it stands for. That is the difference. Argue all you want. Do you think I am going to apologize for hating Nazis? I am not. Hey man, its America, if you choose to be a Nazi, that is up to you , but don't expect people to support it!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed...if these two sides ever make their way to Cincinnati, we should meet up, find a roof top, and watch them destroy each other. It's a win/win!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No, so your intuition is severely misguided.

Us is obviously citizens of any kind, including YOU even if you don't give 2 #s, includes you, sorry.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun

Try having a wife that's a Liberal. Me and my wife argue all the time because I always point out and prove the lies of the media against Trump. She hates that. She will even condone violence and death for those on the Trump side of the fence...but it's bad and Conservatives are evil, if they do the exact same thing. Sometimes I wonder what I have married.

That media is a powerful propaganda machine, people that watch it are at their full mercy.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yeah, 1 cop knows that weapon isn't dangerous.

He was obviously reading the character demeanor of the Kid. it's a Kid.

If he had Swastika's and was screaming also, looking at the weapon isn't a test I'd trust him with.

You couldn't miss the bigger picture here anymore. I'm saying this will be a general reoccurring issue now, and you embrace ignorance of minuet details to the extreme to appear you've won the argument you clearly have lost.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Ethos attack because you have baseless logos points.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
telling someone 'how' and 'why' they should be ashamed is some moralistic authoritarian nonsense, morals and ethics are spooks, phantasms that should be destroyed

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join