It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should be ashamed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SoDumb

It appears you don't know the difference between a fully automatic weapon and other weapons and the legality thereof

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DanDanDat

The exchange between the officer and the woman at the end tells me all I need to know about that small group of people in this video. They aren't there to stand up to racism; they are there out of a sence of entitlement and self importance.

and why is the guy there, if not because of his own sense of entitlement and self importance? the guy probably traveled from out of state, just to come to this monument at this time to pay it homage out of respect for his ancestors. wonder how often people have come to that statue to pay that kind of honor to it in the past? probably not that often at all, but of course, this guy has the desire to do just that a few days after the violence erupted and murder came to town? no, he was there to make his own statement, because of his own sense of entitlement and self importance. knowing danged well that he'd get the kind of response that he got because at this point, THE CITY HAS HAD ENOUGH OF THE BULL!!

I would agree, the saluting guy was also there for the same reasons of self importance.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It appears you don't know the difference between a fully automatic weapon and other weapons and the legality thereof

I know the difference between a semi and an automatic gun. Semi-autos are more dangerous because you can be more accurate with them for one. That's a little fun fact that is usually glossed over in the gun debates.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You don't understand the availability is the issue. Legality means squat compared to availability. You say I know nothing about 'how hard it is to fire automatic weapons without a permit' when I've done that multiple times and my impression is it's easy as hell to access weapons without one.

The american AR is a VERY popular weapon. Lots of people in Texas sure would like the expensive modified nostalgic 'hunting' version, but the availability of the fully auto WITH OUR ARMY is MUCH LARGER. If you have a semi auto AR it's MODIFIED, so the fact he just CARRIES ONE, MODIFIED OR NOT, IS SCARY, DUH. Or are you just going to TRUST anytime you see a MODIFIED weapon from a distance that it has been made to standard?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are fully automatics legal for most people? That was my point.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

No of course not. The only privately owned fully auto weapons in this country are grandfathered in and require extensive background checks to be able to own. I was just stirring the pot a bit.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

The Alt-Left were intimidating, harassing, attacking and chasing vehicles exiting the car park on Saturday, see the example at 1hr 40 min on this recorded video stream.

Such behaviour is likely a factor leading up to the more serious incident 14 minutes later, and is exactly the sort of shameless behaviour i am drawing attention to here which can lead to violent confrontation and which you are also indulging in.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Sigrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun
a reply to: Kandinsky

Always a good idea to watch the video evidence under discussion...

I wasn't discussing the video was I? I was agreeing with a member that neo-Nazis and supremacists promise hellish futures.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Please point to hard ATF data on the easy availability of fully automatic weapons to the general public. You made this claim......support it with documentation

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It takes supreme courage to stand alone like that in face of all that hate and vitriol.
I agree with the young man as well as the cop at the end.
The statue was donated by the same man who donated the park land it sits on.
How does anyone have the right to do anything with it?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No of course not. The only privately owned fully auto weapons in this country are grandfathered in and require extensive background checks to be able to own. I was just stirring the pot a bit.

Perhaps you should tell that to So Dumb.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you have a semi auto AR it's MODIFIED,

that is a load of horse sh@@. AR's are manufactured as semi auto. no modification.

but the availability of the fully auto WITH OUR ARMY is MUCH LARGER.

and this statement, you do understand that on a military base unless on a firing range or training area all weapons are kept in the armory and only those whose MOS dictates they carry a weapon are allowed to have one on base. which isn't but a couple of MOS's.

your comments about firearms just shows you don't even have a clue.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Perhaps you should tell that to So Dumb.

The way I see things the whole semi vs auto debate is a distraction within the larger gun debate. As I said, semis are FAR more dangerous since automatic weapons are supposed to be suppression weapons. You use semi-auto weapons to single target and kill and automatic weapons to stop the other force from doing anything. It's just that Hollywood has overhyped the killing power of full autos by showing action stars being super effective shots shooting them (from the hip too).

So if you got a guy going on an on about automatic weapons in the gun debate, you already won because he has taken the distraction bait and isn't arguing any real issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You want me to start with America has the most guns in the world per capita? We're 11th in 'Gun Deaths' There are more Guns in America, than China, and they have an enormous army and population compared to us. The point here is we have so many guns, you seem to think the fact they're illegal prevents them from existing, where else would they be? And obviously they don't sell automatic weapons to the public, you're lying saying I even suggested that, I'm saying the American Black Market is insanely large and full of Automatic AR style guns that don't just look SIMILAR to that gun, but IDENTICAL to it. This is a fact.

You're more likely to be shot in America with a Hunting Rifle(What he was holding) than in SK with ANY WEAPON. This is in terms of non-automatic anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun
they weren't doing anything till one of the cars hit someone!! guess you didn't notice that? but they weren't really bothering the cars that much till one of them hit someone..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah that second part that relies on humans to watch extremely valuable equipment? Ya bogus, they sell guns all the time. How else do they get so far into society I LITERALLY see them everywhere?

I've lived in Texas for 6 years and Colorado for 20, and guns were so available in both it's MIND BLOWING.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
he donated it to the city, which gave the city the right to decide???

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Please point to hard ATF data on the easy availability of fully automatic weapons to the general public. You made this claim......support it with documentation

New production of fully automatic firearms for the civilian market ceased entirely in 1986 with the passage of the Firearms Owners Protection Act, with the Hughes Amendment being tacked on at the last minute to add that provision to the bill. If you want to deal with the government red tape and the exorbitant prices, you can still buy one legally, but the fact that they haven't been produced in over 30 years says something of the 'availability'. So yes, you're right, and its unfortunate that people try to conflate these with the typical firearms purchase and semi-automatic rifles such as AR-15s.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hmm not one single shot was fired and the guy in the clip clearly wasn't interested to use it but alas here we go with the gun debate.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They were harassing and intimidating motorists like i said until one of the drivers made a forceful manouvre to get past them, if people behave like that looking to provoke a reaction and create a violent situation then that's exactly what will happen sometimes, the people that organize those demonstrations send exactly the sort of person who will behave in such a manner along purposely, then they play the innocent and claim victim status.

[SNIPPED]

edit on 16-8-2017 by Sigrun because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join