It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should be ashamed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A very dignified protest from the fine young man.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Maghda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Sigrun

Doesn't matter who wins when both sides are losers.

Why would anyone be part of any of this?

Most of us have better things to do.

Both sides are indeed losers - and a lot worse than that.
The problem is that these hateful minority groups are steering the social narrative and shaping the world we have to live in.
The ONLY way to stop them is to marginalise them and reject them. By "them", I mean #bothsides. The options seems pretty clear to me - either stand with the President in rejecting these hate groups, join one of them, or stand on the sidelines and await your fate.

I agree with you. These people feed off of the reactions of the public. Answering their violence with more violence and rage does nothing but incite them to do more of the same.

All these folks posting videos and articles showcasing these atrocities are only serving to empower those responsible. People cannot seem to understand that.

They bash the President for lumping them all together, but he's right. If there had not been large groups of people on both sides of the conflict in Charlottesville displaying aggressive and violent behavior, that young woman would likely still be walking around right now. But that's exactly what happened.

All of those involved showed up ready for a physical altercation. That was blatantly obvious, from both sides. It's like kids talking smack in the schoolyard and bringing all their friends...but they're very careful to make sure they only instigate, taunt and intimidate, but don't throw the first punch...so they can profess innocence when the teacher arrives on the scene. They're not even remotely innocent, but that doesn't matter when you're keeping score.

People can bitch and whine all day long about Trump, but he's the one standing there trying to unite the country and hold everyone accountable for their own part in this, while the media splits hairs over the wording of his message and makes snotty remarks on national TV about him reading from a teleprompter and other childish nonsense. Who gives a # if it's from a prompter or not...did the message get through???

We need to get behind this man, even if we don't like him as a person. If we expect him to denounce these maniacs, then as Americans, we need to join him and denounce them too. All of them, regardless of any claimed party loyalty. We need to stop spreading their hate and poison around.

Every time something like this happens, it gets plastered all over the media...yet other, equally horrific things are happening everywhere that don't garner near the same level of attention, and people should be questioning that. People should be asking themselves why the media, who openly mock and ridicule our President for the whole world to see at every available opportunity and encourage everyone else to do the same, is so thoroughly focused on political violence above all else.

People should be asking why, in the wake of events on Saturday and amid all the affected sorrow and outrage, did those folks go right out and make headline news for toppling another confederate statue. Why, after all that, was there an announcement made that another protest like the one in VA is scheduled for College Station, TX, where there is a concealed carry policy...that was mentioned in articles about it.

If we claim to denounce these hate groups and everything they stand for, then why are we allowing them to divide us? Why are we accepting the blatant disrespect from the media for the sitting President of our country? Why are we giving these people who we profess to denounce and condemn all this attention? Why is the POTUS calling for unity and cooperation and being put on blast for doing so?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoDumb
a reply to: pavil

Why are bombs not allowed, even if just harmlessly ticking?

A car can be used as a weapon is your analogy(It's faulty).

A gun cannot be used as a weapon, a gun is a weapon.

Ironically Antifa likes to use smokebombs and throwing bottles with various harmful liquids and even acid at every protest they attend. They are very fond of human and bear urine. Hmm i guess they are golden shower fetishists. Not there is anything wrong with it of course but they are really obsessed with that stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sigrun
The Alt-Left is totally out of control as can be seen in the following video were a young man simply wishes to pay respects to his cultural heritage, the hatred and hysteria he is confronted is beyond all bounds of normative human behaviour yet in their own minds they are virtue signalling, the disconnect from reality is chilling and absolute.

At this point they have simply lost control and given in to irrational fears and prejudices that find release in violent expression which will inevitably lead to legal counter measures being required to suppress those who are agitating and participating in such activities, the main stream media of course has greatly contributed to their delusional state by never applying any normative critique to their bizarre world view and entirely unacceptable behaviour and as a result this has led to literally mass hysteria not only on the streets but throughout online social media, including this forum of course were also are to be found many that should be ashamed, but are simply incapable of any sort of balanced perspective.

GTFOH

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Metallicus

Doesn't matter who wins when both sides are losers.

Why would anyone be part of any of this?

Most of us have better things to do.

Both sides are indeed losers - and a lot worse than that.
The problem is that these hateful minority groups are steering the social narrative and shaping the world we have to live in.
The ONLY way to stop them is to marginalise them and reject them. By "them", I mean #bothsides. The options seems pretty clear to me - either stand with the President in rejecting these hate groups, join one of them, or stand on the sidelines and await your fate.

I agree with you. These people feed off of the reactions of the public. Answering their violence with more violence and rage does nothing but incite them to do more of the same.

All these folks posting videos and articles showcasing these atrocities are only serving to empower those responsible. People cannot seem to understand that.

They bash the President for lumping them all together, but he's right. If there had not been large groups of people on both sides of the conflict in Charlottesville displaying aggressive and violent behavior, that young woman would likely still be walking around right now. But that's exactly what happened.

All of those involved showed up ready for a physical altercation. That was blatantly obvious, from both sides. It's like kids talking smack in the schoolyard and bringing all their friends...but they're very careful to make sure they only instigate, taunt and intimidate, but don't throw the first punch...so they can profess innocence when the teacher arrives on the scene. They're not even remotely innocent, but that doesn't matter when you're keeping score.

People can bitch and whine all day long about Trump, but he's the one standing there trying to unite the country and hold everyone accountable for their own part in this, while the media splits hairs over the wording of his message and makes snotty remarks on national TV about him reading from a teleprompter and other childish nonsense. Who gives a # if it's from a prompter or not...did the message get through???

We need to get behind this man, even if we don't like him as a person. If we expect him to denounce these maniacs, then as Americans, we need to join him and denounce them too. All of them, regardless of any claimed party loyalty. We need to stop spreading their hate and poison around.

Every time something like this happens, it gets plastered all over the media...yet other, equally horrific things are happening everywhere that don't garner near the same level of attention, and people should be questioning that. People should be asking themselves why the media, who openly mock and ridicule our President for the whole world to see at every available opportunity and encourage everyone else to do the same, is so thoroughly focused on political violence above all else.

People should be asking why, in the wake of events on Saturday and amid all the affected sorrow and outrage, did those folks go right out and make headline news for toppling another confederate statue. Why, after all that, was there an announcement made that another protest like the one in VA is scheduled for College Station, TX, where there is a concealed carry policy...that was mentioned in articles about it.

If we claim to denounce these hate groups and everything they stand for, then why are we allowing them to divide us? Why are we accepting the blatant disrespect from the media for the sitting President of our country? Why are we giving these people who we profess to denounce and condemn all this attention? Why is the POTUS calling for unity and cooperation and being put on blast for doing so?

Quote for truth. Awesome post.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Ironically Antifa likes to use smokebombs and throwing bottles with various harmful liquids and even acid at every protest they attend. They are very fond of human and bear urine.

don't forget bicycle locks, by the way clanton trail was suppose to have started on the 10th.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're attempting to justify such behaviour because of Muh Legalities and should be ashamed of that, it's a basic evolutionary condition which indicates when you're making a mistake at the fundamental personal level, in lacking such you're at a something of a disadvantage as this can lead to disastrous consequences.

a reply to: odzeandennz

Lacking entirely.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Sigrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Ironically Antifa likes to use smokebombs and throwing bottles with various harmful liquids and even acid at every protest they attend. They are very fond of human and bear urine.

don't forget bicycle locks, by the way clanton trail was suppose to have started on the 10th.

Last i heard it was postponed to late September.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlins are racist there i said it

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sorry. I'm not ashamed just because you tell me that I should be. Insulting my character like you are doing isn't going to magically change my mind either.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SoDumb

You do know fully automatic weapons are illegal in the possession of most gun owners, right? You actually do know that I hope.

link   

originally posted by: growler

The alt-left has been out of control for years. Rioting, burning and killing.
The current "outrage" at them being called out for their behaviour shows once again the level of bias in the media, but it also begins to properly highlight a more sinister view of their "reporting" and gives credence to the view that they are in lock step with hate groups like BLM and Antifa.

this alt-left only became a thing last night.

No sorry. It's still not a 'thing'. (except with trolls. They like it).
edit on 8/16/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sigrun
a reply to: clay2 baraka

No i'm not but in the current climate i'm likely to be targeted by every other ethnic group on the planet which is slightly concerning...

Hence the pseudonym and avatar. In the words of the great George Carlin: "You don't have to be Fellini to figure that one out".

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

(based on the video) Gotta give it to the guy for standing so calmly throughout the incident. Took courage and self-control and his final words said he wasn't honouring slavery or oppression. The woman waving the double bird was a bit of a disgrace. The cop was right saying she should be ashamed of herself.

Young guy on his own versus a small abusive crowd trying to shame him from a public space. I'd say the group were in the wrong although the guy had to expect some negative attention.

^^^ I wanted to add this after watching the video. I absolutely stand by my other comments too.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You do know the attitude this is responded to with is putting your AK47 in your truckback window right?

You actually do know that I hope.

It's clearly not that hard to get guns in America, I've shot a Galil and a Famas and I'm a nobody that knows nothing about guns, forget about having permits.
edit on 16-8-2017 by SoDumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not sure what you are implying about me here. All I'm saying is that it only takes one lunatic to create an incident so MAYBE it would be best not to bring a gun to an event where tensions are high.

Not implying anything. Merely taking your statement and explaining the ramifications of it. If it's not against the law, what is your justification of it? Somebody "might" run over somebody again, so let's not have any cars there. It's faulty logic.

Sure. It's his right, that doesn't make it a smart thing to do. People need to get it through their head that just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it at every opportunity.

The real issue is what you have touched on. Why are tensions so high that all sides feel they need to arm and armor themselves. I agree, real protestors don't bring weapons to protest, unless it's a second amendment protest. This is more about extremists on all sides looking and finding a fight as a way of expressing political beliefs. Violence is to be condemned by any that espouse or actually do it.

I think it has something to do with Nazis trying to take over their town and a Nazi killing a local with a car then the President downplaying that violence by saying it is equivalent to whatever the left were doing beforehand.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
In a Nazi vs. Not Nazi conflict, always pick the not Nazi.

It's really not that hard.

The only non-nazi's I see are the people shaking their heads at both sides.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Blue and Red Nazi's is pretty foolproof analogy.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: Leonidas
In a Nazi vs. Not Nazi conflict, always pick the not Nazi.

It's really not that hard.

The only non-nazi's I see are the people shaking their heads at both sides.

You think so? There is a famous poem about people who stand on the sidelines when Nazis do their thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The alt left didn't run into somebody with their car.
edit on 16-8-2017 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Always a good idea to watch the video evidence under discussion...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join