It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should be ashamed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoDumb
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Fact: Shootings require guns, and being pushed over the edge. This man has a gun and is being antagonized, something he probably could have foresaw in an attempt to protest.

It was not wise to bring a gun, you can call common sense propaganda if you wish to be that much of an actual sheep.

Nope. The U.S. is still the land of the free in my book. Apparently he didn't break any laws but the police arrested him anyway. What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
But it only takes one to create a national incident.

Then they are not responsible. The sins of one outweigh the rights of millions. ...got it boss. That should be a simple way of dealing with issues.
edit on 16-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right so perhaps it would also be well within your rights to get in my face and shout "SNOWFLAKE!!!" ad nauseum and that too would be nothing to be ashamed of, like i said just try feeling it for once, it could save your life.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Police break up situations. Arrest doesn't always mean guilt, the 4th amendment and probable cause are responsible for this.

I was being beaten by 2 girls at their home once. I had several cuts and bite marks and they had no marks. The police once took me away in handcuffs, (for them), and then let me go at my house, because obviously they were crazy, and not me.

Edit: To explain my point here, they only need to take him, and not multiple people.
edit on 16-8-2017 by SoDumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not sure what you are implying about me here. All I'm saying is that it only takes one lunatic to create an incident so MAYBE it would be best not to bring a gun to an event where tensions are high.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The exchange between the officer and the woman at the end tells me all I need to know about that small group of people in this video. They aren't there to stand up to racism; they are there out of a sence of entitlement and self importance.

and why is the guy there, if not because of his own sense of entitlement and self importance? the guy probably traveled from out of state, just to come to this monument at this time to pay it homage out of respect for his ancestors. wonder how often people have come to that statue to pay that kind of honor to it in the past? probably not that often at all, but of course, this guy has the desire to do just that a few days after the violence erupted and murder came to town? no, he was there to make his own statement, because of his own sense of entitlement and self importance. knowing danged well that he'd get the kind of response that he got because at this point, THE CITY HAS HAD ENOUGH OF THE BULL!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun

I have nothing to feel ashamed of. I wasn't in that video yelling in that guy's face nor have I been at ANY protest yelling in anyone's face. So trying to drag my ethics into this is only going to fail here because it is a strawman. Nor is it going to let you distract me from pointing out how you are doing exactly what your side always complains SJW's do. Though I guess I should feel ashamed for you(?) because you feel indignant about a group of people exercising their first amendment right in a way you don't approve. PFFFFFFT!!! That's a good joke!
edit on 16-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Yeah, because if he wasn't so sound minded, that AR he was holding would have been good use.

Going to go ahead and say bringing the AR at all was pretty damned stupid and not a peaceful sentiment.

Walking around with fully automatic weapons to 'display' them is what terrorists do.

We're only minutes away from mass shootings now.

It's pretty straight forward, peaceful protest =/= weapons. At any moment he could have shot people and you all pat him on the back for being so brave lol.

There are way more responsible gun owners out there than lunatics. Sorry you swallowed all the bull# propaganda.

Yes it does but you also have to keep in mind that both sides are now ready to cross the line. That's all what i'm saying. Unfortunately it will escalate and a lot of unhinged people are itching for bodies too drop to justify using more violence. It's sad and sickening but that's where we are heading. I condemn both sides for using violence to get their point across.

People are way too eager to jump to conclusions nowadays. I'm not.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: UKTruth

I wish I could have a good conversation with one of these people. I'm all for freedom to protest but to bring weapons in advance is pretty telling of the agenda of these 'protesters'...

I consider a bottle of piss a weapon btw.
]
A serious biological weapon .

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yeah, because if he wasn't so sound minded, that AR he was holding would have been good use.

Going to go ahead and say bringing the AR at all was pretty damned stupid and not a peaceful sentiment.

Walking around with fully automatic weapons to 'display' them is what terrorists do.

It's pretty straight forward, peaceful protest =/= weapons. At any moment he could have shot people and you all pat him on the back for being so brave lol.

"Fully automatic", Really? You actually think that? Is open carry against the law? Should a BLM protestor not be allowed to open carry?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

There are way more responsible gun owners out there than lunatics. Sorry you swallowed all the bull# propaganda.

Yes it does but you also have to keep in mind that both sides are now ready to cross the line. That's all what i'm saying. Unfortunately it will escalate and a lot of unhinged people are itching for bodies too drop to justify using more violence. It's sad and sickening but that's where we are heading. I condemn both sides for using violence to get their point across.

Let be known that the side that escalates with guns will be the one bringing them to the events. Usually during protests when guns are brought to them, they are used against non-deadly threats. You can admire him for his fortitude to bring a gun and not use it, but I just see that as playing with a lit explosive.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Domo1

Absolutely agreed. But there is always a starting point. Someone has to "cast the first stone" sort of deal. Then violence begets violence

Bugs me when two sides line up waiting for the other to cast the first stone. Also, I forgot to reply to you in the other thread. Holocaust was what the guy was talking about when I said "Should we tell him". I think I angered you and took your chicken/turkey or goat with a one liner.

Figure if you line up and WANT that stone to be cast, you're not much better than the fellow chucking it.

I do apologize...I had been up all night without much sleep. My granddaughter went in for surgery. I stayed up just in case my son called.
1000 apologies.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Military grade AR is full automatic. Unless he has a modified version, there are lots in Colorado, but he is in the south, so the likeliness of the weapon being dirty are higher, either way, I don't know, and don't care, because high capacity open carry is terrorism. I'll eye gouge someone with a pistol. High capacity takes out the block and is even designed for ranged sniping. To top this all off, gangsters are known for shooting themselves, while hicks are known for getting drunk and practicing shooting all day, so tbh yes, luby over here on a depressing day is far more scary than a black man to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
to start firing those weapons would have been the death of gun rights in this country...
I do hope the fools know this!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Let be known that the side that escalates with guns will be the one bringing them to the events. Usually during protests when guns are brought to them, they are used against non-deadly threats. You can admire him for his fortitude to bring a gun and not use it, but I just see that as playing with a lit explosive.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't admire him for bringing his gun but i support his right to do so. In fact i would prefer it when people leave guns at home when they attend a protest but that's not my decision to make.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I just think he's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I just think he's an idiot.

That's your prerogative.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: i hate gremlins so much

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Not sure what you are implying about me here. All I'm saying is that it only takes one lunatic to create an incident so MAYBE it would be best not to bring a gun to an event where tensions are high.

Not implying anything. Merely taking your statement and explaining the ramifications of it. If it's not against the law, what is your justification of it? Somebody "might" run over somebody again, so let's not have any cars there. It's faulty logic.

The real issue is what you have touched on. Why are tensions so high that all sides feel they need to arm and armor themselves. I agree, real protestors don't bring weapons to protest, unless it's a second amendment protest. This is more about extremists on all sides looking and finding a fight as a way of expressing political beliefs. Violence is to be condemned by any that espouse or actually do it.
edit on 16-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

ayyy, ok ill star that i guess

can we talk about if he needed bullets?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Why are bombs not allowed, even if just harmlessly ticking?

A car can be used as a weapon is your analogy(It's faulty).

A gun cannot be used as a weapon, a gun is a weapon.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join