It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should be ashamed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

No i'm not but in the current climate i'm likely to be targeted by every other ethnic group on the planet which is slightly concerning...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigrun

I think you're missing some historical contexts here in terms of the 'reactionary' factors. The KKK represented the people in power and they held authority positions like judges, sheriffs, business owners.

What exactly would you say they were reacting against? What were they defending?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
You do know most of these confederate symbols were erected in the 1950s and 1960s as a direct backlash to the civil rights movement?

They weren't about history, they were sending a message to the civil rights movement.

Sigh....no the majority of them were errected between 1900 and 1920. The SPLC even acknowledges that. proof from SPLC.

So now that your narrative has been show to be false, how do you explain that?

It's amazing what a little ignorance can do when given the veneer of truth. You " do know that", right?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The exchange between the officer and the woman at the end tells me all I need to know about that small group of people in this video. They aren't there to stand up to racism; they are there out of a sence of entitlement and self importance.

What did that officer do to that woman, other than do what she wanted, for her to blame him for the death on Saturday? Talk about privilege, there's an example of it right there.
edit on 16-8-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Think folks . How much violence did you hear of before the election ? Other than from BLM due to other reasons ?
None
Where were the first acts of violence ? California , Washington , and Oregon (somewhat)
Who did those ? Never-Trump
What did the Never- Trump group morph into ? - Anti-FA
Why ? They stated Trump is a Fascist
Not anti-fa , anti-US and propagating the thing they say they are against
Stupid Fascists.
So , who is to blame ?

edit on 8/16/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

This error was corrected earlier. The intent of the statues remain clear, to intimidate a minority of the population and thumb their nose at the Yankee states..

You lost, get the %$#! over it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

The Atlantic's published a good article on Antifa and two quotes stand out. The first acknowledges how they are being judge and jury for what's acceptable and aren't accountable.

Antifa believes it is pursuing the opposite of authoritarianism. Many of its activists oppose the very notion of a centralized state. But in the name of protecting the vulnerable, antifascists have granted themselves the authority to decide which Americans may publicly assemble and which may not. That authority rests on no democratic foundation. Unlike the politicians they revile, the men and women of antifa cannot be voted out of office. Generally, they don’t even disclose their names.

The second one poses an interesting dilemma

Revulsion, fear, and rage are understandable. But one thing is clear. The people preventing Republicans from safely assembling on the streets of Portland may consider themselves fierce opponents of the authoritarianism growing on the American right. In truth, however, they are its unlikeliest allies.

The Rise of the Violent Left

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Obviously they were defending their retention of power, the historical context is long and convoluted and i wouldn't dispute that some of the challenges they have faced have been justified, though that only relates to those who actually held such power, they were in the wrong because of their repression and exploitation of others which also extended beyond their attitude towards the Negro slave, the general resentment towards Southern folk and culture however is unjustified when the issues as ever were largely with the ruling class.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Painterz

I detest the westboro baptist church but I don't want to silence them.

Silence them, no that wouldn't be right, punching them in the face would be equally wrong.

How about that group of bikers who form a line between them and their target and rev their engines every time they try to say something ... Now that's how you stand up to hate ... not with more hate, but with intelligence and ingenuity.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, Antifa are very problematic, to say the least. But the covert support that white supremacists, even today are provided by elements in law enforcement is more problematic to me. In Portland, there have been officers outed for identifying with Hitlers beliefs (I am not kidding) and militia members assisting with arrest at protests..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
a reply to: pavil

This error was corrected earlier. The intent of the statues remain clear, to intimidate a minority of the population and thumb their nose at the Yankee states..

You lost, get the %$#! over it.

How so ?
Have you read the true history of the Civil War ?
Where ?
The Civil War was fought from 1861-1865 . I dont know if anyone from then is still alive.
Why are you saying , "you lost" ? I bet that member wasnt even born then . Does that mean you won ? How so ?
Did you fight in the Civil War?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If you feel you are losing your "white, southern heritage" based on the removal of a statue of a traitor who lost a civil war, I am deducing that you identify with the secessionist's cause.

In other words, you lost. Get over it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Have a search for 'Ghost Skins.'

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To feel shame requires the capability for critical self-analysis and a soul. There is a paucity of these qualities among the modern left.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Doesn't matter who wins when both sides are losers.

Why would anyone be part of any of this?

Most of us have better things to do.

Man we don't always agree, but we sure as # do on this.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I posted in the thread to agree with the point about Nazism and/or racial supremacism being dead-ends for governance.

I've no axe to grind with the South or its culture.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp The far left is no different than the Nazi`s.They are Stalin/Marxist worshippers who would happily send every Jew,Christian and conservative to the gas chambers.They are just as damn bad and more dangerous because they have the media,politicians and rich backing.They have done tis in other countries in the past and are more organized than white supremicists.All of both sides should be invited to a protest in the remote desert and have a MOAB dropped on them so the rest of us could go back to a normal life.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You can count me in on that agreement as well.. Antifa anarchists serve to discredit themselves as a result of their methods, thus providing political cover for the Nazis they are countering.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
In a Nazi vs. Not Nazi conflict, always pick the not Nazi.

It's really not that hard.

If only it were that simple. Seems to me that these two groups are largely mirror images of one another, both intolerant, both bigoted, both willing to use violence to further their goals. No, I'd rather not pick ANY of these jackasses.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: strongfp The far left is no different than the Nazi`s.They are Stalin/Marxist worshippers who would happily send every Jew,Christian and conservative to the gas chambers.They are just as damn bad and more dangerous because they have the media,politicians and rich backing.They have done tis in other countries in the past and are more organized than white supremicists.All of both sides should be invited to a protest in the remote desert and have a MOAB dropped on them so the rest of us could go back to a normal life.

It is great to see a relevantly recent joiner that is able to articulate these thoughts so well. This post sums up an avoidable truth that is never expressed by the biased MSM that has continually soft-pedalled and obfuscated left-wing atrocities, and down played the dangers of the extreme left.
edit on 16-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join