It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride does not mean hate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Well in the context of your post that is how it came across. It also missed the point of the question, what is white?

White is a color not a culture, the culture of a white Irishman is different than that of a white German or Swede or Russian .

Where as black in the context of this thread is African American a cultural identity of the masses of people brought to this land willingly or unwillingly. It is a shared heritage

White is North West Europe and it's culture is varied and vibrant.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
a reply to: skalla

A dictionary can provide you with the meaning and definition of civilised.

Excellently and most cowardly wheedled out of, well done.

Now take your dictionary and add an encyclopedia. Look up civilisation. See where it started. Look up the attendant technologies, and their roots.

You know you are full of crap but you cant help yourself!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Your replies are asinine and obnoxious in equal measure.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Hmm but if you were to ask a person from the North West Europe area what is your culture who are you? Are they going to say white or are they more likely going to respond I'm Irish, Celtic, gaielic, british, German? Does this then discriminate against white people from Russia, South Africa or Australia? Do they not get to calibrate your white pow... I mean pride?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

It is likely they would respond as you suggest. The variance in those countries and identifications are the component parts of White culture. I am quite comfortable for you to allude to White power. A global minority must be powerful if it is to survive.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Cool. What you wrote is utter trash.

White is northwest europe according to you.

And you say "white" built the civilised world..

Northwestern Europe... Lets call that The UK, Ireland, northern France, Benelux, northern Germany and Denmark. Scandinavia is northern europe so cant really count but we'll bundle it in anyway. Lets add northern spain too even though it is strictly western europe.

All tribal, non civil societies before contact with classical civilisation from the med, ie southern europe, asia minor, the levant and north aftica. This is where the technologies of civilisation developed too.

Civilisation as opposed to tribal society came to northwest europe from southern europe, which is not white in your definition.

You may want to look at where all the attendant technologies and inmivations have their roots and spread from as well.

Northwest Europe did not build the civilised world. Dont be so silly.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Any self sustaining population center is a civilization of a sort. Throughout history each had its own technological advances and offered something of an incentive to future civilizations. Some were crude and barbaric by today's standards yet many achieved goals that even today we would struggle to accomplish. Skin color did not enter in to that reasoning.

I hear about white privilege but I can not say I have experienced it. I have actually been denied work because the company advertising the position was required to hire a person of color for a position which I was perfectly qualified for. That was very early in my career but I remember it as though it was yesterday. I have also been on the other end of the hiring experience. I have never had a white person hand me an application that was only partially filled out and illegible. I have received applications from people of color that had only one or two words on the entire three page document. Not even a last name on one of them. Who do you think I hired? Was that privilege?

Why is it that on forms such as census polls there are very specific categories for people of color but the options for white people are very limited? It seems as though for white people their actual heritage is an afterthought and nothing more. That is why I believe white pride is not only a good thing but a necessary one.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Great Britain . The Imperial driving forces that built the modern civilised world as we know it today. As I originally stated.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You left out Rome and Greece you know as all of the other societies you named were just piggybacking off of there philosophy .

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Quite true, but it was the nations I mentioned that spread those ideals on an almost global scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join