It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Who else finds it hilarious that all these people who all for the removal of Confederate statues because of the slavery issue (which was only a tiny reason, and one of many, for the civil war) are working for and are spending money which features the faces of slave owners? Do you know how ridiculous that is? What are you going to do? Burn your money? Issue your own money?

They're already upset that it says "In God We Trust."

This is why California needs to be allowed to secede. These people can all go there and attempt to create their personal safe space Republic on Non-Offensiveness and they can ban all white people or something.
edit on 16-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Irishhaf

He sounds like a true humanitarian. If I ever own slaves I'll make sure that they are literate.

Got it do not educate yourself just stay ignorant about the man, its easier to just hate huh.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Got it do not educate yourself just stay ignorant about the man, its easier to just hate huh.

Who said I hate him? I just don't care about racist asswipes and whether they felt they were being good slave owners.

And if ever there was a larger oxymoron than 'good slave owner' I haven't seen it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Who said I hate him? I just don't care about racist asswipes and whether they felt they were being good slave owners.

And if ever there was a larger oxymoron than 'good slave owner' I haven't seen it.

Again assumptions, embrace the ignorance, judge the 19th century by 21 st century morals I am sure that can never lead to bad assumptions.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Irishhaf because: words

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Again assumptions, embrace the ignorance, judge the 19th century by 21 st century morals I am sure that can never lead to bad assumptions.

No assumptions, owning another human being is disgusting and reprehensible no matter how far into the past you go and the fact that he went to war over it makes him not worthy of admiration.

You're free to feel otherwise though, it's a free country.

edit on 16-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No assumptions, owning another human being is disgusting and reprehensible no matter how far into the past you go and the fact that he went to war over it makes him not worthy of admiration.

You're free to feel otherwise though, it's a free country.

So how do you explain your username and avatar? Augustus Caesar owned a lot of slaves. The Mafia engages in human trafficking. If it disgusts you so much, if you are such a great "student of history" lol how did you miss that?

One might assume you are in the habit of saying whatever is convenient for the moment in an argument...
edit on 17-8-2017 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
funny people calling the confeds traitors if they had won it would be the north who would have been called that the winners always talk about how bad the losers were .
But regardless that is some fine art work .
I dont believe we have to glorify or get ride of these things we can just say find out who these people accutly were and what they acutely did and learn from it .

Or we can try and wipe it from the face of the earth only to do it all over again in a 1000 years .
But they were not traitors they just refuses to give more taxes to the north and old Abe used slavory as a reasion to justified (Starting a war with them )
right or wrong the north started the war not the south .

But something good did come from it as even if slaver was just a scap goat it was obbolished as it should have never been .

All men are created = ( famis lines from some ware hu? funny the guys who singed it had slaves

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11andrew34
So how do you explain your username and avatar?

I mostly did it to irritate you and if you think I'm joking you'd be wrong.

One might assume you are in the habit of saying whatever is convenient for the moment in an argument...

One might not care what one thinks and by might, I mean doesn't.

edit on 17-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
Members of the confederacy are 1. Losers of a war, and 2. Traitors to the constitutional values of our great Union.

They should not be celebrated and should be forgotten.

Well now, when will we start tearing down the Crazy Horse statue along with all the indian monuments, eliminate parks like Pancho Villa State Park in New Mexico, retract any and all apologies over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and demand restaurants everywhere rename "Eggs Benedict" on their menus?

Ridiculous horsecrap, all of it. Grow a pair, whiny America.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We need to tear it all DOWN!

YES!

YES!

LETS DO THIS!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The Revision of Peace™

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
We need to tear it all DOWN!

YES!

YES!

LETS DO THIS!

You are missing a photo of the pyramids in egypt, asia, and central america. Those didnt build themselves.
Perhaps the big o was right when he said "you didnt build that!".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

He was an imperfect American. The Confederates were not American, they were traitors to our great nation.

Many on both sides were family.

When I traveled the US I found all of the history and statues interesting. From wars between Indian, Europian and American, all history needing to be learned and remembered.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join