It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Normalization of Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

he may not be the answer, but he is DEFINITELY our last hope, if any. That is the sole reason I even support him, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pauligirl
a reply to: redtic

Trump isn't capable of being president. He has no knowledge of politics, history, economics, any of the things you need to be president. He's one of those people that doesn't get it. No style, no grace, no substance. However, he is good at being an uncouth, ill-mannered rich man. That seems to carry some appeal for his base.

I think he knows exactly what he is doing, and alot of people are just jealous of that.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

It's easy to pretend like memes are factual, but there is a reason they are supposed to be against the T&C and I'll show you why:
‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias

Over the next decade, as Donald J. Trump assumed an increasingly prominent role in the business, the company’s practice of turning away potential black tenants was painstakingly documented by activists and organizations that viewed equal housing as the next frontier in the civil rights struggle.

The Justice Department undertook its own investigation and, in 1973, sued Trump Management for discriminating against blacks. Both Fred Trump, the company’s chairman, and Donald Trump, its president, were named as defendants. It was front-page news, and for Donald, amounted to his debut in the public eye.

“Absolutely ridiculous,” he was quoted as saying of the government’s allegations.

His literal first interaction with the public he was accused of being a racist.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Does anyone know how many trump threads are on this server ? Does it make any sense at all ? Isn't it obvious that we live in a media distorted world that doesn't like trump , because he wont play ball.

ORRRR people just don't like the guy. ATS is user created content, not media created content.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There are far more pro-Trump threads and sentiments on this site than there are non.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Most of that,article was fake news because there is a lot the times didn't tell you. First he became president in 1971. The incidents that were reported went all the way back to 1962. The law didn't take effect until 1968. The state first files a suit in 1972 which is literally thrown out when the federal govt decides to prosecute. And the FBI released several documents about their investigation the reason the govt losses is only 2 individuals working there claimed wrong doing. Here's an article talking about the FBI investigationthehill.com...

edit on 8/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Regardless of the outcome of the case, the point still stands. That person's meme was a lie. He was declared a racist back then.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank you for such a thoughtful and reasoned opening post.

This isn't normal.

Your words, and sincerity, are appreciated.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Trolls ,bots shills kids a.i's sockpuppets and yeah some users here too. People dont like the guy because they repeat the media ratherthan think , same on ATS
. Trump no saint but the best there is right now , So mr President has my support.
edit on 8162017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Regardless of the outcome of the case, the point still stands. That person's meme was a lie. He was declared a racist back then.

Is being declared a racist actually make you racist? Some could declare you a racist, but I honeslty don't think you are.

Replacing the letter c with k in the first letter of a word came into use by the Ku Klux Klan during its early years in the mid-to-late 19th century. The concept is continued today within the group.
Satiric misspelling

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Look you can love the guy, but that doesn't make your point legit that ALL the negative attention he receives is some anti-Trump plot. That is just ridiculous and EXACTLY what you just accused anti-Trump supporters of "repeating the media rather than thinking". The only difference is you are repeating conservative media instead of liberal media.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWest

Is being declared a racist actually make you racist? Some could declare you a racist, but I honeslty don't think you are.

Replacing the letter c with k in the first letter of a word came into use by the Ku Klux Klan during its early years in the mid-to-late 19th century. The concept is continued today within the group.
Satiric misspelling

That's up to Trump. I was just disproving that idiotic meme. I wonder why so many of you are taking this personally.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That's up to Trump. I was just disproving that idiotic meme. I wonder why so many of you are taking this personally.

I apologize, I just meant that as a friendly jab. This stuff makes everyone so serious, I didn't mean to come off that way if I did. (Taking it personal)
edit on 16-8-2017 by MrWest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

no no NO ... look I don't accusing anti-Trump supporters only. I accuse the people of America. Look America is in bad shape , and all they did was making a circus out of their elections instead of going for a good candidate. You talk about legit points ? who decides you ? Deep state ? Hillary Clitnot ? CNN ? Want obama back ? want to be controlled ... be my guest. I'm living in Europe far away from the circus. I just like Trump because he doesn't play ball , and goes against the media-psyop operations. Media is Fake... ALL media is fake liberal or conservative... (it is one big distraction)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So you clearly have no idea what its like on the ground here. So that makes you even less informed than I originally assumed. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

no no NO ... look I don't accusing anti-Trump supporters only. I accuse the people of America. Look America is in bad shape , and all they did was making a circus out of their elections instead of going for a good candidate. You talk about legit points ? who decides you ? Deep state ? Hillary Clitnot ? CNN ? Want obama back ? want to be controlled ... be my guest. I'm living in Europe far away from the circus. I just like Trump because he doesn't play ball , and goes against the media-psyop operations. Media is Fake... ALL media is fake liberal or conservative... (it is one big distraction)

I am confused on what is making you feel that america is in bad shape? Only because you have said that you are living and Europe and that the media is fake.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

Like I said to the other poster. Link each of my bullet points to any publicly available articles that detail actions of the right similarly to the current actions of the left.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

You and Growler should team up to accept my challenge. Link to any and all public articles based on my bullet points which show the right acted similarly under Obama to how the left is responding now.

But to go back on topic my initial post still stands correct. The actions of the left have more than normalized Trump. The OP make an incorrect post. It's not Trump supporters that have normalized Trump. It has been the uncontrolled and erratic actions of the left that have done this.

It means those on the left think Trump's behavior is NOT normal. Yet the left's ongoing erratic and out of control actions when compared to Trump more than normalize Trump. They make Trump look benign.

You made the assertion I was mistaken and was really talking about the right under Obama. I challenged you to prove that by linking any evidence relative to my bullet points where the right acted in a similar way under Obama as the left has been well documented over the past 14 months. You refused to accept the challenge as I suspect you will not find much supporting your claim.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So you clearly have no idea what its like on the ground here. So that makes you even less informed than I originally assumed. Thanks for clearing that up.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I think everyone has lost their mind. This stuff we are seeing from the left and the right would never have occurred in the past. The new generations coming up is concerning to say the least. Everyone wants to shut down what the other side is saying. There is no more compromise now it's who can get the most severe political blow. We have colleges which use to think free speech was important nor curtailing it. We have a president who can't say anything aticulate to get his point across. Sadly he has some good ideas but can't keep both feet out if his mouth. We have a congress that is no longer concerned with the people only reelection. You know the more I think about it I might have to retract my previous statement and agree we are pretty screwed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join