It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Normalization of Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Trump supporters have not normalized him.

The left have absolutely freaked out since before Trump was elected POTUS.
The left have shut down free speech of those who are opposite their views.
The left have hyperventilated over every comment Trump has made.
The left and the MSM have printed outright fabrications. Not all the news was fake news but a vast majority contains extensive hyperbole.
The left have taken over college campuses and made outrageous demands all in the name of "equality" while those who were seen as less than them were ostracized.
The left have had professors and teachers fired for not supporting their leftist views.
The left have manipulated the way information is presented to the public in an effort to spread false information.
The left have blatantly defied the laws in many states and suffered no repercussions.
The left have repeatedly and intentionally created direct and violent conflict with those opposing their views.
The left have created safe spaces everywhere while differing views are not welcome and are shouted down with ridicule and shame.
The left have become exceptionally violent of late.
The left are the first to kick, scream, and yell when they feel their feelings are hurt.
The left have fired those who dare have an alternative view yet preach alternative views and diversity are hallmarks of progressiveness.
The left plays the race card.
The left plays the gender card.
The left complains and whines about EVERYTHING.
The left will never take personal responsibility for their actions and instead will always seek to blame someone else for their failures.

So you see...It is the left who have normalized Trump.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Unless 330 million people took that poll, I wouldn't trust it as a consensus.

Come join us.

I'm good over here, and if I could be frank for a second.. the quality of people, the level of character, the scope of intelligence and the lack of emotional fortitude coming from "your side".. I'm in no rush to join you, and I am very glad I live in my reality.

Since we're being frank, I seriously doubt that the majority of people from "your side" are very different from the majority from "our side". We may believe different things, but in the end, likely most of us want very similar things out of life. I guess the biggest difference, and I guess one of the points of my OP, is that I really don't understand how "your side" thinks that DT is the answer to getting those things. I really wish he had the ability to prove me wrong, but thus far, he hasn't shown it.

Just curious.....
Do you think that Hillary would have been the answer?

I've said it before - Hillary was a terrible candidate, but would've made a far better president than Trump. Is she my ideal president - no, far from it. But she certainly had experience, an ability to lead, intelligence, and a disposition that Trump will never have.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

err.....No.
Maybe some Alternate Universe.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I can easily imagine one of two scenarios happening with Trump before his term is finished:

A) He throws his arms up in a temper tantrum and walks off the job

or

B) They end up having to carry him off in one of those funny white jackets

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

As far as a way of life goes, I agree that we all pretty much want the same thing, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the human condition and psyche, and from my observation (by the way, I do have some professional background in this), it's almost 2 different species, in 2 different realities.

2 different realities - *that* I agree with.

As for Trump, he may not be the answer, but he is DEFINITELY our last hope, if any. That is the sole reason I even support him, nothing more nothing less. I will support the possibility he represents until proven otherwise, and to be frank again, as the days go by, watching this whole debacle and being able to see it for what it really is, only reaffirms my beliefs.

There's really nothing to lose in supporting him, because if we're wrong about him, we all lose regardless.

Sure - I don't agree with that, but I can respect it. I can also say "as the days go by, watching this whole debacle and being able to see it for what it really is, only reaffirms my beliefs", so it is what it is...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I can easily imagine one of two scenarios happening with Trump before his term is finished:

A) He throws his arms up in a temper tantrum and walks off the job

or

B) They end up having to carry him off in one of those funny white jackets

It's funny (in a sad way) - sometimes I think he's trying to sabotage his job so he can do either A or B.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I guess only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

All of the things I have listed are true. Compare those to the views of the left towards Trump and not only have the normalized him...they make Trump look benign compared to the left.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Unless 330 million people took that poll, I wouldn't trust it as a consensus.

Come join us.

I'm good over here, and if I could be frank for a second.. the quality of people, the level of character, the scope of intelligence and the lack of emotional fortitude coming from "your side".. I'm in no rush to join you, and I am very glad I live in my reality.

Since we're being frank, I seriously doubt that the majority of people from "your side" are very different from the majority from "our side". We may believe different things, but in the end, likely most of us want very similar things out of life. I guess the biggest difference, and I guess one of the points of my OP, is that I really don't understand how "your side" thinks that DT is the answer to getting those things. I really wish he had the ability to prove me wrong, but thus far, he hasn't shown it.

Just curious.....
Do you think that Hillary would have been the answer?

I've said it before - Hillary was a terrible candidate, but would've made a far better president than Trump. Is she my ideal president - no, far from it. But she certainly had experience, an ability to lead, intelligence, and a disposition that Trump will never have.

Really?
Hillary's experience = Zero.....First Lady?....nope....SOS?....nope...do nothing Senator?...nope
Ability to lead = What did she ever lead?
Intelligence = Server wipe?..."You mean with a cloth"?...nope
Disposition = Nope.....

“Good morning, ma’am,” a member of the uniformed Secret Service once greeted Hillary Clinton. “F— off,” she replied.

Hillary was very rude to agents, and she didn’t appear to like law enforcement or the military,” former Secret Service agent Lloyd Bulman recalls. “She wouldn’t go over and meet military people or police officers, as most protectees do. She was just really rude to almost everybody. She’d act like she didn’t want you around, like you were beneath her

“Stay the f*** back, stay the f*** away from me!” the then-–First Lady screamed at her Secret Service agents. “Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f***ing do as I say, okay!!?” Clinton demanded, according to former FBI agent Gary Aldrich

Put this back on the ground!” Hillary Clinton screamed at the pilot of presidential helicopter Marine One. “I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need my sunglasses! We need to go back!” Clinton so abused the chopper’s crew that they christened it Broomstick One.

nypost.com...

www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 15-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think he's a classic 'bro' and I don't actually like him, but I think he is what we need. The power of the militant left is becoming very facist... very dangerous. Maybe we can elect a reasonable president next time. Maybe we can elect a reasonable congress. I doubt it though. If you think this is bad just you wait until it gets more decisive. We're in for a big fall.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hillary/Bill/Obama/Bush is a misogynist, Hillary/Bill/Obama is a racist, Hillary/Bill/Obama is a narcissist, Hillary/Bill/Obama/Bush is a bigot, Hillary/Bill/Obama/Bush is a bully - ad nauseam. The problem is that there's reason you hear that so frequently - there's varying amounts of truth to each and every one of those levies and continues to prove that on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Or he resigns for "health" reasons. I don't think he ever wanted to actually be president. He just wanted to win.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

All of the things I have listed are true. Compare those to the views of the left towards Trump and not only have the normalized him...they make Trump look benign compared to the left.

I think you've mistaken that for the right under Obama. Or an Alternate Universe.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Funny I don't recall the right during Obama's tenure reacting the way the left has under Trump. That's a parallel that simply does not exist. Go down the list I created and link for me an article per item that validates your claim the right acted in this way under Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Funny I don't recall the right during Obama's tenure reacting the way the left has under Trump.

were you in a coma?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I think Trump has foot in mouth syndrome. He is incapable of getting a point across without insulting someone. Some see this as refreshing or some kind of honesty. In truth it just shows how bad he is at interacting with normal people. I often think his statements have some truth to it but he is to inarticulate to express them properly. I was hoping this would change but it seems it's ingrained in him. It isn't going to change as I had hoped.

Bottom line he's not a politician and will never be one.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Funny I don't recall the right during Obama's tenure reacting the way the left has under Trump. That's a parallel that simply does not exist. Go down the list I created and link for me an article per item that validates your claim the right acted in this way under Obama.

You go first. Please, no Fox or Breitbart. And Growler's right: coma?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It does seem like bizarro world but people can get used to and believe almost anything if given the right incentives. Large numbers of people have allowed enigmatic sociopaths to lead them throughout history. The polarized nature of the human psyche is easily manipulated. The majority of people are comfortable to only deal in absolutes, grey areas of compromise confuse them too much. To win the vote you only need to be the second most hated.

That being said, the Democrats let it get too weird - they should have stuck to middle of the road issues that the majority could get on board with such as jobs, healthcare, and the economy. When everything is rolling along and the American Dream seems possible social issues tend to work themselves out. When people are busy getting ahead in life they don't stress the peripherals so much, and tend to tolerate social differences.

We've got a depressed society and that society is pretty much like a bunch of rats in a cage fighting for the last piece of cheese, tearing each other to pieces rather than figuring out how to get out of the cage and deal with who put them there.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know how many trump threads are on this server ? Does it make any sense at all ? Isn't it obvious that we live in a media distorted world that doesn't like trump , because he wont play ball.

Oh yeah Obummer had a tweet with a triljon likes today. DISTORTED VIEW HERE AND EVERYWERE , internet is not freespeech it's the realm of the middle man . Everyone is manipulated and at least president Trump had the balls to adress that issue. There is something so wrong that we need a man like Trump. It's all we got...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join