It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please add A New Filter Tab!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hi! I mentioned this in another post but I'm seriously thinking it needs it's own because things are crazier than normal!

Could we please get a new or change a tab on the new and recent page like this?

I hate digging through all the forums I like for new stuff and I'm SOOOO tired of seeing all the politics I can't stand it. But I need my ATS fix too so ...help?

The Tab could include the "Political Forums". and maybe Current event forums could have the 3 topics that aren't conspiracy related -Other current Events, Middle East Issues, and War on Terrorism- could go to politics Category where they should be.Then in "Breaking News" forums, -breaking Political News and 2016 Elections- could also go to political forums category where they belong.

ETA: Actually US Political Madness, Education and Media, Social Issues and Civil Unrest, and Posse Comitatus from conspiracy category should be in Politics category too. It's too bad you guys can't condense some Parent Categories that have duplicate or redundant sub categories. I think maybe that's why so many people have issues on where to put posts.

Please? I'll even beg!
edit on 8/15/2017 by Lilroanie because: edit to add

edit on 8/15/2017 by Lilroanie because: oops

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

this seems like a good idea, actually

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Or is there a way to permanently ignore certain users? I know other forums allow you to do this and you don't even see their posts.

edit on 15-8-2017 by entermemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: entermemo
No there isn't and the Mods have said that won't be coming back.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Or maybe instead of moving stuff out of categories do this?

Redirect News Categories to a new tab also?

Except these should be in politics .. US Political Madness, Education and Media, Social Issues and Civil Unrest, and Posse Comitatus

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This has been suggested multiple times before. It would be nice to be able to see all the RECENT posts, minus the political forums.

You know why the owners will not do this? Because politics drives most of the traffic on this site and therefore generates most of the revenue.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
But I don't wanna get rid of politics part. I just want to be able to filter it so I can see other stuff more easily after I look at it for important stuff like actual NEWS and not just the "ohh you suck I hate you!" posts. It's already there for off topic posts, so it isn't any different.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I've been wishing for this for a very long time.

We have "conspiracy" and "off-topic" as separate sections when you click on recent posts, I don't see any reason why there can't be a 3rd section made just for politics.

Three separate "recent posts" sections.

What a breath of fresh air that would be.

I'm not sure if a separate "news" section would be necessary, but I can see where you're getting with that idea and think that might be a cool thing too.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
But I don't wanna get rid of politics part. I just want to be able to filter it so I can see other stuff more easily after I look at it for important stuff like actual NEWS and not just the "ohh you suck I hate you!" posts. It's already there for off topic posts, so it isn't any different.

Except go click the "conspiracy tab." Most of what shows up is politics.
Just based upon the results I'm getting right now, "conspiracy" includes:
1) The political mudpit
2) U.S. Political Madness
3) Social issues and Civil unrest
4) Breaking alternative news

The "off topic" tab includes:
1) The rant forum
2) Politicians and People

If they're going to add a tab just for politics, it might be nice if they'd get the politics OUT of the other tabs.

As far as I can tell, they're all political tabs.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Yeah I addressed that mostly, the ones I listed are in the "conspiracy" master Category. If Mud pit shows on the conspiracy tab that needs to be fixed though it's got nothing to do with conspiracy, it's just the bully hole.Also I see the board issues and Intros in the Conspiracy tab as well, that should be off topic I'd think.

My whole point is I WANT to see the news and political forums, where else can I get news from all over the world? I just also want to see everything else, and it all gets pushed off by the craziness going on. And if it gets too bad I can skim it easier as well. By redirecting/organizing the tabs we'd get what we want easier and see much more new stuff.

Except these should be in politics .. US Political Madness, Education and Media, Social Issues and Civil Unrest, and Posse Comitatus

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Dudemo5

Yeah I addressed that mostly, the ones I listed are in the "conspiracy" master Category. If Mud pit shows on the conspiracy tab that needs to be fixed though it's got nothing to do with conspiracy, it's just the bully hole.Also I see the board issues and Intros in the Conspiracy tab as well, that should be off topic I'd think.

My whole point is I WANT to see the news and political forums, where else can I get news from all over the world? I just also want to see everything else, and it all gets pushed off by the craziness going on. And if it gets too bad I can skim it easier as well. By redirecting/organizing the tabs we'd get what we want easier and see much more new stuff.

I think you and I are on the same page.

I just would like to be able to filter OUT the political forums, which would be possible if they'd get the political forums out of the other tabs. Having those forums available in separate "political" tab seems perfectly reasonable.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yup I think we are! If we had the redone tabs we'd also be able to see more of all the posts for every section cause they wouldn't be getting booted off the end of the list, it only reloads so far. Might encourage more posting overall.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Anyone? Is this possible and if not..why not? the tabs are already there, just change 2 of them and direct the appropriate master categories to them and the current "conspiracy" button which just kinda shows everything but conspiracy lol... and done... I think? Please

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'd love it, but I won't hold my breath. With the large number of people complaining around here on a regular basis about the political forums and how ATS has gone to crap, I can't imagine it has never occurred to the owners to allow the political forums to be more easily segregated.

I assume they have zero interest in doing this.

But if you can get their attention, I salute you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's even worse now... Can someone in charge at least tell me to F off if this is not doable? I love ATS but literally can not find anything I want to read easily for all the politics in the conspiracy button/tab on new and recent posts and off topic doesn't show conspiracy stuff so

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You could try myATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I do, but that only shows 5 new posts on my favorite forums, or my subscribed threads. So I'm missing most of the new stuff.

With all the insanity lately new/recent non political stuff gets pushed off the end of the list in a short time. If there were separate tabs for conspiracy, politics and news we'd see more relevant new/recent stuff in each of those categories without having to look through the forums themselves.

Seriously last night and this morning on the last reload of the new list the last post was only 8 hours old. So I had to go digging each forum to see if I missed anything. And it's been like this since before the election

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yeah I understand. It would be a nice addition to ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is an excellent idea.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thanks! Does anyone actually use the flags and replies filters anyway? I personally hate them, but maybe a good percentage don't? I dunno but I wish a Mod or whoever would at least tell us ..no.. or yes! lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join