It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of San Francisco to host blacks-only student orientation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

History likes to repeat.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
MLK rolling in his grave right now. Are we doing the segregation thing again cause this is racist af.
edit on 15-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well if they want to go back to segregation more power to them. Might as well go all out, back of the bus only, seperate water fountains and being denied service at establishments that don't "serve their type". Hope they enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Does that include 'white people who identify as African American' or will there be a separate orientation day for them?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Orientation for specific groups is quite common. I took my college freshman son to "Sports players orientation day" last week.

I was forced to take about three orientation programs my freshman year of college.

New Athlete Orientation

College of Agriculture Orientation (I started pre-vet through that school)

General Freshman Orientation

New Athlete Orientation was all about how to be a proper ambassador of the university. They taught us the national anthem, the school fight song, table manners and appropriate dress at high level events, about the ins and outs of study hall and getting tutoring when overwhelmed by coursework, how to manage your schedule, all those kinds of things because balancing a work load as an athlete is like working full-time while taking a full-time course load.

A lot of kids don't do it voluntarily, but athletes all pretty much are expected to. But you're going to have to work to convince me that having a different skin color injects that much of a difference into your college experience than that of the average freshman, especially that much difference as compared to Hispanic or Asian students.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

what is also disturbing is that these students will enter the work force expecting the preferential treatment to continue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join