It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of San Francisco to host blacks-only student orientation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Finally, we can go back to the days of segregation. We all know that black students and white students and yellow students and brown students just can't have the same info given to them on the same day. So this will work out just fine. (sarcasm)

Program will ‘address the specific needs’ of black students

The University of San Francisco this week is scheduled to host a segregated orientation dedicated to black students, a program that takes place in addition to its standard welcoming activities for all students.

The Black Student Orientation is slated for Aug. 18, the day prior to the university’s New Student Orientation.
www.thecollegefix.com...

The University of San Francisco "Black experience" will address specific needs of African American/black students.

The day-long event–billed as having been “designed by Black students, faculty, and staff to welcome new Black students to the USF Black Experience”–will “address the specific and particular needs of African American/Black students at USF,” according to the school’s website.

The program includes workshops such as “Community Building” and “Creating a 4 Year Plan.”

Another tid bit from the story. If I were a white person I would not want to go to this college, and I would think that this could be considered a form of discrimination because the college is encouraging it. No leadership.

edit on 15-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, Harvard did an only black graduation.

I have no idea what's happening anymore.

Instead of going forward, time and society is taking many steps back.

I blame Cern for turning back time (sarcasm).

I don't understand what's going on anymore.

But I do know this isn't leading to anywhere good.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It seems as though the lessons of the past were not learned.

Even though the moral equivalency may not be exactly the same, the idea of segregation is just as vile. Chasing our collective tails solves nothing and helps none.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is dumb.

Specific needs include: food, water, a bed to sleep in, clean facilities, bathroom, etc. just like any other student.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh I disagree with it helps no one.

There are huge $$$ to be made keeping the citizens lost on side shows like confederate this and segregated that.

When the American people work together there is nothing that cannot be accomplished or problem that can't be solved.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
And idiots wonder where there's a rise of white nationalism.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a racist policy to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Orientation for specific groups is quite common. I took my college freshman son to "Sports players orientation day" last week.
edit on 8/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
UCF is openly practicing segregation and thus should have any and all federal funding, including Pell Grants for undergrads, suspended until they are back in compliance with federal laws.

This should NOT be a accredited university.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Orientation for specific groups is quite common. I took my college freshman son to "Sports players orientation day" last week.

There is no correlation between a student being involved in an athletic program, and a group of students given preferential treatment because of the color of their skin, and others with different coloring are excluded.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
And idiots wonder where there's a rise of white nationalism.

White Nationalism started growing rapidly (as one would expect), after Obama was elected.

From March 7, 2012:

ATLANTA — Fed by antagonism toward President Obama, resentment toward changing racial demographics and the economic rift between rich and poor, the number of so-called hate groups and antigovernment organizations in the nation has continued to grow, according to a report released Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

www.nytimes.com...

It's just being hyped up more by sore losers now, because the KKK endorsed Trump at some point in the past.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Does the school talk about your son keeping his "sports players privilege" in check?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
what a non-event to get yourself worked up over. of course when you are shuffling and dancing as hard as you can to deny racism is a significant force in america, you do end up in some interesting places...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

originally posted by: carewemust

There is no correlation between a student being involved in an athletic program, and a group of students given preferential treatment because of the color of their skin, and others with different coloring are excluded.

Since colleges are becoming so sensitive to America's multi-cultural heritage, there should be an orientation day for students of every race who attend the university. Even if there's only 1 student. It's only fair.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It seems as though the lessons of the past were not learned.

Even though the moral equivalency may not be exactly the same, the idea of segregation is just as vile. Chasing our collective tails solves nothing and helps none.

Self segregation is alive and kicking though. You have this example on college campuses, but more and more, people tune into the echo chambers of like minded people, and espouse their opinions.

It seems that more and more, people only want to be around others like them.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have a better idea.

Close down these insanity mills. What they are teaching our children don't need.

They are nothing more than incubators for social discord.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah, between the direction this is all going, and the recent election and aftermath, I'm having trouble relating to a lot of kinda mainstream people, as they seem to be completely lost in the fog. I feel like I can't relate or don't belong.

a reply to: Black_Fox

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

Does the school talk about your son keeping his "sports players privilege" in check?

They did that after delivering the bag of gold to the football player's dorm.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's the thing, a lot of the supporters of modern identity politics don't realize that some of their ideas or approaches really do start to capture some of the errors of the past, from segregation to essentializing/judging/stereotyping people based on race or gender. It's almost literally like they don't realize this is not equality but instead trying to just turn the tables. Instead of white males being privileged and people of color negatively stereotyped, let's just flip that around and assume the most 'oppressed' identity is the automatically right in a discussion, or job application, or school admission.a reply to: Blaine91555

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I have a better idea.

Close down these insanity mills. What they are teaching our children don't need.

They are nothing more than incubators for social discord.

What government agency is in charge of sending our taxpayer dollars to these schools? Maybe we can have some influence over that aspect?
edit on 8/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join