It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lincoln Memorial vandalized with explicit graffiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

(abcnews)-The Lincoln Memorial was vandalized with bright-red graffiti early Tuesday morning at around 4.30 a.m.

Officials with the National Park Service (NPS) said the red spray paint appears to state “[expletive] law” on one of the memorial’s columns overlooking the National Mall. Another instance in silver spray paint was also discovered on a Smithsonian wayfinding sign in the 1400 block of Constitution Avenue.

abcnews.go.com...

Pics there ^

This happened apparently.
So it's fair game on all monuments/statues ?

Stupidity running wild in America.

The downward spiral continues.......
edit on 15-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: StUfF

edit on 15-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Mwahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Oh, *cough cough* um what I mean is...

That's terrible. No one wants complete chaos breaking out.

It's far better to have order in a completely corrupt totally hypocritical society based on lies than for kids to start vandalizing everything we hold dear (hurting our fantasies and spitting on our idols).

I blame all these new games that cost 5000$ to buy all the good stuff so you can play properly.
When we were kids games just cost 40$ or 50$ once and then you got to play the full thing forever.
No wonder these kids are pissed. I'm pissed too!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well now the fun REALLY starts.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
All's that comes to mind is the Scripture 'as in the days of Noah'

The destruction of our nation will come from within. My opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And the country is amazed at the pure stupidity of a few individuals...
Put 100 of em together . Add their IQs . Bet it doesnt even equal the average shoe size

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is where is the line with the whole statue thing.

I'm not stupid enough to think removing a statue is erasing history. I'm also not stupid enough to think all the statues are there for well intending reasons.

What about the pyramids? They were possibly built with slaves and even if not the society there did use slavery. Should they be torn down?

What about the remnants of Rome? Appreciating anything Roman has in some circles became synonymous with white nationalism. Should we tear down the ruins of Rome because they used slavery as well?

I could go on.

Where's the line? Where does it stop?

I don't know how I feel about this one. I'm not motivated to have a horse in this race. I'm not offended on behalf of others so I don't mind the statues. As far as I know there's no statues directly related to anything specific from my own ancestry in the US so that's not a thing for me either. I don't really care about this one. Just don't replace anything that resembles something real with "unoffensive" abstract art, that stuff's ghastly.

Oh, I do care about one statue solely for my own personal amusement. There's a statue of William Tecumseh Sherman in DC. They need to leave that one alone. Dude was awesome.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think Kim Jong is smarter than we think. He decided not to start a war with America because when he turns on CNN, he sees that Americans are revving up for a civil war that will get the job done for him. Sad, isn't it?
edit on 8/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just figured out how Atlantis sealed its fate. Some people were jealous of all the statues and it festered into pure hatred and thus they began to tear them down. The rest weren't too happy about that and tried to stop them and fought back. Near the end they realized their mistakes but alas it was already too late.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlins need to be banned

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It will be interesting to find out the political beliefs of the perpetrators. Have a sneaking feeling we will be surprised perhaps?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hey why didnt they put a huge KKK hood on lincons head? Os painted a bullet hole in his head?

top topics

join