It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of some on the lefts double standard on Trumps condemning both sides comment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Congratulations!

You just labeled anyone who wanted to keep these statues up as horrible people!

Maybe they are. They're monuments to people who break away from the United States and killed a bunch of our people, because they preferred to use guns to get their point across rather than their seats in Congress. And they couldn't abide by the rest of the country disagreeing with them.

They were totally unwilling to accept rule via Republic, armed traitors, and by todays standards would be terrorists.

They don't deserve statues or any other monuments.

Expecting us to keep these monuments would be like expecting the British to have a well kept and highly respected statue of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or Benjamin Franklin.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Does a statue have to stand in order to preserve history?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

LOL that's freaking RICH!!! "AntiFa is only as violent as the right requires them to be." LOLOL at least I now know you condone violence. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind... maybe contemplate that for a while.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What did he mean when he said both sides?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Congratulations!

You just labeled anyone who wanted to keep these statues up as horrible people!

Expecting us to keep these monuments would be like expecting the British to have a well kept and highly respected statue of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or Benjamin Franklin.

Wow!!!!

Now Franklin's home away from home for most of 1757 to 1775 is open to the public for the first time — the result of an eight-year, £3-million ($5.33 million at $1.80 to the pound) conservation project.

Near Trafalgar Square, steps from the River Thames, it is Franklin's only remaining residence in the world, and in many ways the first de facto United States embassy. It was while living here that Franklin disputed the right of Parliament to tax the American colonies without representation and then leaked the famous Hutchinson letters from the crown, which the British believed contributed to the Boston Tea Party. Franklin left England, after living there for nearly 16 years, when Parliament publicly reprimanded him for his role in the Hutchinson affair, and further diplomatic efforts seemed futile.

Franklin's house is not the only American historical site worth visiting in England. The former mother country is, in fact, dotted with both large and small tributes to American history and culture. No need to feel homesick here.

Even though Thomas Paine was once considered a traitor who spurred the American colonies to revolt, his hometown, Thetford, has now devoted itself to celebrating the life and writings of one of the most influential leaders of the American and French Revolutions.

A statue of Paine stands in the center of town, and a museum, which is undergoing a refurbishment, will reopen later this year with a short film on Paine's life along with a collection of artifacts.

George Washington's last name would have been Hertburn (as would our nation's capital) if William de Hertburn, one of George's 12th-century ancestors, had not changed his name to that of the land he owned. Washington Old Hall, a 17th century manor house in Washington Village, incorporates part of the original medieval home of George Washington's direct ancestors from 1180 to 1613.

The house has a collection of portraits of George Washington, as well as illustrations of events depicting the struggle for American independence.

www.nytimes.com...

The hole you are digging just keeps getting bigger.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Trump?

He meant that there were violent people on the side of the protestors, and violent on the side of the counter protestors.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
What is not clear about "I condemn violence no matter who is responsible for it."? What you seem unwilling or unable to understand is the simple fact that both sides went there promoting hate and looking for a fight. People were hurt and a woman died. That's pretty common when haters get thrown together. That's why normal people avoid these hate fests if at all possible.

All sides have the right to assemble and speak. And yet, here we see people claiming that those of us who are perfectly able to refute such nonsense with speech rather than barbaric actions are supporting the speakers. The US federal court ruled on the permit for this supremacist rally. At least that's what I heard reported on radio. That made it a lawful assembly. I don't honestly know what happened that caused LE present to declare it illegal. Seems there needs to be an investigation into that. I don't know if it has to do with the racist deputy mayor or not but he's surely a gem of a guy in the Tweeter World, eh?

Just like Trump has been disavowing these fringe-dwelling supremacist movements for the past decades, so have I. Offhand I'd guess that probably at least 95% of the citizens of the US have the same feelings toward any radical, violent activist for any "cause." These leftists are the offspring of Bill Ayers and the Weathermen. The supremacists are the offspring of Grand Dragon Robert Byrd. They are products of hate and fear turned to anger and violence. They have no answers---just emotion to bring to the table. Normal people don't even want to be around them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Can one of the liberals/progressives crying about Trump on this thread please address why none of the mainstream media freaked out when Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas blamed both sides for the violence? He is black too by the way. He gave this presser before Trump and no one said a damn thing...

When a reporter asked: “Do you believe that one side was more responsible than the other for instigating the violence?"

Thomas replied: “This was an alt-right rally.”

The reporter pressed further: “Do you believe that they're the ones who instigated the fighting?”

Thomas answered: “We did have mutually combating individuals in the crowd.”

Here is the entire press conference. Skip to 10 minutes (video is only 11 minutes or so).

Mic drop...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Excellent post.

There is only one explanation....

This guy is a nazi.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Trump?

He meant that there were violent people on the side of the protestors, and violent on the side of the counter protestors.

So he mean there are some very fine white supremacy and KKK protestors?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Trump?

No. You are making the assumption that everyone on the protestors side is in the KKK.

You are just on a thread showing a video of a guy who claimed he was their to support his ancestors that died in the war.

Are you accusing that man of being a white supremacists, and based on what evidence?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Trump?

No. You are making the assumption that everyone on the protestors side is in the KKK.

You are just on a thread showing a video of a guy who claimed he was their to support his ancestors that died in the war.

Are you accusing that man of being a white supremacists, and based on what evidence?

Of course not. You know better than that. I am asking what Trump meant by "both sides". Does that mean one side being Antifa and other side being Alt-Right? That's the point. It's ambiguous.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Trump?

Of course not. You know better than that. I am asking what Trump meant by "both sides". Does that mean one side being Antifa and other side being Alt-Right? That's the point. It's ambiguous.

Didn't mean to sound snarky.

I would say he was looking at it as I described it.

He was like there are a group here for the protest, and a group against them.

There were a bunch of a holes in the protest group causing violence, and there were a bunch against them doing the same.

Oh, and there were also good people on the protestor side, and good people against them.

I think it was that simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah I get what you mean. He could mean a group that is for removal of the statue and another group that is for keeping the statue. I think Trump should have worded it better. Too many people took it the wrong way. And the fact that the white supremacists and Klansmen support Trump strongly doesn't help that perception.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah I get what you mean. He could mean a group that is for removal of the statue and another group that is for keeping the statue. I think Trump should have worded it better. Too many people took it the wrong way. And the fact that the white supremacists and Klansmen support Trump strongly doesn't help that perception.

Oh I agree there.

My first comment on ATS about Trumps comments here was that it was worded badly.

But again, compare this to the Bernie supporter shooting scalise.

Bernie blamed both sides violence. Even though in the past with the Gifford shooting, he called on the importance of the right to call out their sides violence.

And just about every democrat said about the same thing.

Again, Pelosi was outraged when a republican said she should call out left wing violence specifically.

And no one freaked out. No one accused them of defending Scalises shooter.

Now again Bernie is calling Trump despicable for calling out both sides violence.

So compare Trumps clumsy wording with Pelosi lashing out when she was asked to call out one sides violence.

This is the double standard that is shocking to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The MSM is 100% at fault for ALL of this. It is THEY who push the narrative and THEY who are TAKING SIDES.

The MSM is the biggest terrorist organization on the planet.

I hope they all rot in hell.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Greven

You are either not understanding my post or being intentionally obtuse.

What question did you have about BLM again?

Oh, thats right mr. life long republicaan, you are here making excuses for that video where they beat a man for being white and burned dow thee town.

But, um, police are bad! Right, so that white guy had it coming.

As to scalise, sure there were people cheering his death, but that what I am really talking about.

I am saying Dems like Bernie and pelosi and almost all others did not only condemn the left wing from where the shooter was from, they blamed BOTH sides.

But now the very people are blaming Trump for blaming both sides.

You see; Trump did the same thing as Bernie and Pelosi and all of the other dmeocrats.

And now they say that doing that means he is defending nazis.

Lets use you analogy.

A democrat robs a bank. All of these prominant dems come out and say "Both sides have people robbing banks and we condemn that" And when someone says wait a minute, why focus on both sides when this guy was a dem, tnhey scream "How dare you say that. That is disgusting!"

Now a republican robs a bank. Trump comes out and says "Both sides have people robbing banks and we condemn that". And the same that said both from the democrats flip their lid and start calling Trump a dfender of republican bank robbers.

That is what is happening in hysterical proportions.

I've repeatedly asked for proof of your very specific assertions and you've repeatedly responded without. Then you call me obtuse. My eyes cannot roll enough.

You leaped to a tangent using a video from a year ago as if it had relevance to anything with no context and only after being questioned did you admit it wasn't a video from Charlottesville, but Charlotte. You then deflected saying the person you responded to was talking about BLM. That person was not talking about BLM, as I illustrated and you glazed over. Now you're back to trying to deflect to BLM - a tangent you brought up. What is your objective here?

Yes, I have been a Republican all along, something that seems to have really messed up your emotional appeals to identity politics. I suggest you look up logic and reasoning instead.

Please back up your assertions that "Dems like Bernie and pelosi and almost all others did not only condemn the left wing from where the shooter was from, they blamed BOTH sides" - that would rather help your argument if you can. I'm interested in evidence and facts, not platitudes and apparently baseless assertions.

Please prove your point.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Please back up your assertions that "Dems like Bernie and pelosi and almost all others did not only condemn the left wing from where the shooter was from, they blamed BOTH sides" - that would rather help your argument if you can. I'm interested in evidence and facts, not platitudes and apparently baseless assertions.

Please prove your point.

Did you read the OP?

The quotes are listed.

Let me re post them for you.

"I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," the Vermont independent said in brief remarks on the Senate floor. "I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be — violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society, and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs counter to our most deeply held American values."

www.npr.org...

No mention of left wing violence specifically. He condemns all violence.

Now how does that stack up with what he said about the shooting of Gifford?

Congresswoman Giffords publicly expressed concerns when Sarah Palin, on her website, placed her district in the cross-hairs of a rifle – and identified her by name below the image – as an encouragement to Palin supporters to eliminate her from Congress. […] In light of all of this violence – both actual and threatened – is Arizona a state in which people who are not Republicans are able to participate freely and fully in the democratic process? Have right-wing reactionaries, through threats and acts of violence, intimidated people with different points of view from expressing their political positions

reason.com...

See him blaming Palin, and discussing right wing reactionaries here? Why no comment on left wing reactionaries with the Scalise shooter, instead he just condemns "all violence" and doesn't mentyion the left wing reactionaries?

Now Pelosi.

elosi was asked Thursday about "the possibility that this incident could be used against Democrats or the Democratic Party politically" because some conservatives had suggested "vitriolic rhetoric from the left being in some way to blame."
Here's how she responded:
"I think that the comments made by my Republican colleagues are outrageous, beneath the dignity of the job that they hold, beneath the dignity of the respect that we would like Congress to command. How dare they say such thing? How dare they? Well I won't even go into the whole thing. I can't even begin, probably as we sit here, they're running caricatures of me in Georgia once again, earned over a hundred million dollars of vitriolic things that they say, that resulted in calls to my home constantly, threats in front of my grandchildren. Really, predicated on their comments and their paid ads. So this sick individual does something despicable and it was horrible what he did, hateful. But for them to all of a sudden be sanctimonious as if, they don't, never seen such a thing before. And I don't even want to go into the President of the United States. But in terms of some of the language that he has used."

www.cnn.com...

You see? Shje was outraged at the suggestion that left wing rhetoric could have cause this. Thought is was disgusting to try to use it politically. She calls them sanctimonious, says they have seen things like this before. She then starts to blame Trumps language.

See the hypocrisy?

But she had no problem today blaming Trump for not calling out just one side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

So....just to be clear, the bat and piss-wielding aggressors who showed up all loaded down with goodies and ready to brawl are the victims here somehow? The guy who plowed into all those people because they disagreed with his loony political slant, he's a victim too? And all the people who did nothing to stop any of this and in fact egged it on, are they also victims? Because so far, those are the only people Trump has blamed. Anything else comes straight out of your clearly overactive imagination.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
AntiFa is only as violent as the right requires them to be.

It was the nazi's that surrounded those college kids and attacked them with their tiki-torches. It was the nazi's that charged into a group of counter protesters screaming, 'blood and soil.' It was a nazi that rammed his car into a group of people killing Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

So when the POTUS comes out and says, 'it was both sides to blame' you should understand the pushback that would receive. Not only did he equivocate counter-protesting with murder over the weekend he didn't even recognize that it was, specifically, nazi's that were there.

The people that ended up defending themselves and others were, to him, just as bad as those people attacking them. That was the wrong response and, pretty much, everyone understands that.

Well... you are suggesting ANTIFA has time travel skills now.

So let me get this right... on February 1st, when ANTIFA was burning buildings, breaking windows, and beating people to a pulp over a speech that never happened... they did it because of Charlottesville in August 2017? DAMN.

Well hell... that's a pretty interesting skill set.
edit on 16-8-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie white tailed deer...

edit on 16-8-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie pack rats 3

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join