It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of some on the lefts double standard on Trumps condemning both sides comment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

Every individual is responsible for their own actions. If they choose to use any object as a weapon, they are responsible for the damage they cause with that item. That will be up to the judge and jury to decide.

If a mob of people go around hitting cars with flagpoles and fists, then the drivers are likely to react in unpredictable ways.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Grambler

Terrible standard.

Your mistake is assuming that antifa only hates KKK and nazis.

The problem is they label everyone they hate as KKK and nazis, and then proceed to attack them.

You are legitimizing them by claiming they are somehow moral.

Tell me, whcih group was this girl, KKK or nazi?

All of thiss talk of ATS legitimizing nazis, and yet I see way more people applauding and cheering for the thugs of Antifa to beat people as somehow moral.

Yeah, a lot of antifa are twats, fewer of them however, than the Nazis and KKK. I'm not saying that the violence is acceptable. And had Captain Bikelock done that in front of me I'd have stopped him myself; that wasn't too short of attempted murder, honestly.

Innocents are getting hurt by both sides and even when antifa goes beyond the pale and begins to look like Nazis themselves, at least they started somewhere positive, the same can't be said for everyone.

A really, really wordy way of saying the end justifies the means.
My mother had a saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." The problem here is that I don't believe either side here had any positive intentions. They wanted a fight---BOTH SIDES. But you know who wanted blood to flow even more than either side of this? CNN and the other ghouls who parade themselves as media as well as some members of local government apparently since they did not separate the two groups adequately. I believe I heard that the supremacists did have a permit to be there but the "counter-protestors" had no such permit? I know, I know, anarchists don't see the need for permits, right?

Both of these extremist radical groups are allowed to speak---they can hurl their angry words at each other until the cows come home. But both have a history of violent behavior so anyone with two working brain cells would do everything possible to avoid a place where they are meeting. What kind of person seeks out hate? Take a good look at the crowds at this melee---those people went there seeking hate. Dr. King is spinning and Robert "Grand Dragon" Byrd is grinning.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Sure there are differences.

But the principal is the same, both are engaging in reprehensible violent behavior. Their motives shouldn't matter when considering rather or not to make excuses for their actions.

And lets not act like they destroyed their own property, it was other even if they lived in that town. And many of the rioters were from out of town.

And speaking of targeting people for their color.

Hmm yes:

Side note - do you happen to notice in your video two bits of information:
A) It's dark outside the parking garage - didn't this protest/march happen during the morning/afternoon?
B) The parking garage says Exit to 4th street - which parking garage exits to 4th street in Charlottesville?

The video is from a BLM riot in Charlotte.

As far aas not hearing about the Berkley riots, look it up. You may be surpirsed at what "the good guys" antifa did there.

A BLM riot in Charlotte? When?

You realize that this latest incident happened in Charlottesville, no?
Also that BLM is certainly not the only one involved in the protests... sure were a lot of white people getting mowed down by the car attack, including the deceased Heather Heyer.

Frankly it seems like you are trying to sew division and using an unrelated video when you talk about how logic and facts matter back you up is kinda disingenuous.

I was responding to a poster saying that the BLM was different because those riots didn't attack people based on race. Thats not entirely true.

Yes, I know that it was in charlottesville.

I am sorry that you didn't know there were BLM riots in Charlotte last september.

Again, the point is people on the left like bernie, pelosi and sanders blamed all sides for violence there, and nor claim that only the right must be blamed or you are defending nazis.

Do you not see the double standard?

Strange you explicitly call out BLM when this was the post you responded to; Dudemo5 doesn't mention BLM ever in this thread, but the unrest in Ferguson after you brought it up:

originally posted by: Dudemo5

You know, I didn't even think about some on the lefts (many of the same people calling Trump a nazi defender) reactions to the riots in Ferguson, Baltimore, or the riots against Trump.

In all of those incidents, almost every leftists that I am talking about told us not to judge the rioters to harshly because the had legitimate grievances; rather it be cops are bad, Trump is bad, whiteness is bad, whatever.

Heck, as mentioned even Obama AT A MEMORIAL for slain offers chose to literally defend the protestors.

Just more examples of this hypocrisy;

when someone who is seen as a leftists does something wrong, we must look at violence on both sides.

But if someone perceived as on the right does something bad, then looking at both sides means you are defending the bad person.

I live and work within close proximity to the Ferguson riots, and I'm the first to call most of them exactly what they were; opportunistic criminals looking to get their kicks destroying and stealing property.

However, people destroying their own neighborhoods isn't quite the same thing as hate groups who target individuals of a particular color or religion, showing up ready for battle.

Ah yes, after two shootings of black men by police, people got upset. The latest one, he was walking backwards towards police and they have yet to produce footage of him with a weapon that they claim.

The point is to not ignore the violence by Nazis by claiming both sides do it. You certainly never ignore violence by people you don't agree with, such as the above.

First you say that saying both sides do it is ignoring violence.

So you must agree that in the shooting of Scalise when all of the dems said both sides do it that they were ignoring violence from their side.

Then you proceed to actually make excuses for the people rioting, which is an even more blatant example of ignoring violence than saying both sides do it.

So here you are, doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing;

You are by your definition ignoring your sides violence while always calling out violence from the other side.

I would disagree with you that poininting out violence on both sides is ignoring violence, but thats your definition not mine.

Since you didn't address it or clarify your BLM talking point in light of my rebuttal, I must conclude that you were completely bull#ting people, and you expect your deflection to work.

I don't recall broad sentiment by Democrats saying both sides 'do it' (shoot people) or cheering the shooting of Scalise. Why are throwing up a strawman argument and asking if I agree with it? The very small minority of people who who did cheer such an act generally have suffered well-deserved consequences for it.

Ah, more deflection. I didn't make excuses for people rioting (hence the 'Ah, yes'). I gave a succinct explanation for how it happened. People will only put up with so much before they lash out in anger. Others will take advantage of such chaos to cause their own mayhem.

I still fail to see how the Charlotte riots last year, which were very focused on police / BLM, have anything to do with your topic regarding Democrats and Republicans. It seems your response here is purely emotional.

What "your side" am I ignoring as a life-long Republican saying Nazis have no place in our society and decrying their violence? See, this is the problem when you decide to embrace identity politics - you assume everyone who disagrees with you about the tiniest of things must be of The Opposing Side. Such words clearly demonstrate the embrace of emotion over logic and reason.

Perhaps an analogy would help... if a Democrat went and robbed a bank, and then a Republican went and robbed a bank... would you say 'both sides do it' or would you say to throw them both in jail?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Painterz
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

Every individual is responsible for their own actions. If they choose to use any object as a weapon, they are responsible for the damage they cause with that item. That will be up to the judge and jury to decide.

If a mob of people go around hitting cars with flagpoles and fists, then the drivers are likely to react in unpredictable ways.

If you refer to the murderous Nazi who doesn't deserve to be named, he was quite clearly speeding towards a crowd well before his vehicle was hit with any object. A last ditch attempt was made to get his attention by a person who saw what was about to happen, then literally a second later he struck the crowd with his car, because he wasn't at all distracted and was intentionally attacking people with a car.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Bull...
constitution.com...
BOUGHT and paid for by Soros.
RABLE roused by OBAMA...www.westernjournalism.com... tm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=libertyalliance
edit on 16-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You are either not understanding my post or being intentionally obtuse.

What question did you have about BLM again?

Oh, thats right mr. life long republicaan, you are here making excuses for that video where they beat a man for being white and burned dow thee town.

But, um, police are bad! Right, so that white guy had it coming.

As to scalise, sure there were people cheering his death, but that what I am really talking about.

I am saying Dems like Bernie and pelosi and almost all others did not only condemn the left wing from where the shooter was from, they blamed BOTH sides.

But now the very people are blaming Trump for blaming both sides.

You see; Trump did the same thing as Bernie and Pelosi and all of the other dmeocrats.

And now they say that doing that means he is defending nazis.

Lets use you analogy.

A democrat robs a bank. All of these prominant dems come out and say "Both sides have people robbing banks and we condemn that" And when someone says wait a minute, why focus on both sides when this guy was a dem, tnhey scream "How dare you say that. That is disgusting!"

Now a republican robs a bank. Trump comes out and says "Both sides have people robbing banks and we condemn that". And the same that said both from the democrats flip their lid and start calling Trump a dfender of republican bank robbers.

That is what is happening in hysterical proportions.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Another very refreshing post indeed.

I do thank you for your reality based perception, because that is what it is.

This post and a few others I have read today gives me positive hope.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
In no way am I approving neo-nazis, but when you take into account that most showed up with helmets and shields while the left showed up with sticks and bats, it becomes pretty clear who the aggressors were here...

According to an article posted earlier, the nazis and KKK showed up with firearms. It's a wonder no one got shot, although several people did report being threatened with a firearm.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Cool, so lets condemn them by name/group. Not a blanket, both sides are guilty, and the KKK happens to have some very good people in it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Foolish Fox, all they had to do was go to ATS.

thehill.com...

Fox News host Shepard Smith said Wednesday that the network tried and failed to get a Republican on-air to defend President Trump's controversial comments on violence in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend

"Our booking team — and they're good — reached out to Republicans of all stripes across the country today," Smith said on his show "Shepard Smith Reporting."

"Let's be honest, Republicans don't often really mind coming on Fox News Channel. We couldn't get anyone to come and defend him here because we thought, in balance, someone should do that," he continued.

Some food for thought for the people defending this trash. Fox couldn't get a single person willing to go on the air and defend Trump.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Cool, so lets condemn them by name/group. Not a blanket, both sides are guilty, and the KKK happens to have some very good people in it.

Im losing count of how many times I have said this, but here goes again.

Please post where trump said the KKK had good people in it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Another very refreshing post indeed.

I do thank you for your reality based perception, because that is what it is.

This post and a few others I have read today gives me positive hope.

Thanks I appreciate it.

I will say though that as much as there are so very frustrating people on here, I have seen people I disagree with often make some good points and agree with some of mine too.

Not all hope is lost.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yep, bernie good, Trump bad.

Got it.

If that's how you want to view that, then sure. Trump doesn't have a strong moral character. Honestly, he's a piece of human garbage. I'm not saying that due to party affiliation either. I didn't agree with much of George W Bush's term but he seemed like a decent person. Mike Pence seems like a decent person as well, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances.

Trump however, can't commit to relationships, likes to sexually abuse people, is a chronic liar, seems to hate one of his kids, and thinks money is everything in life. He's quite simply not a good person.

Wow.

Opinion overload.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...
Trump: [Inaudible.] You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

So you think a guy who boils everything down to money, talks about how he would like to have sex with his daughter, routinely gets involved in running scam businesses, talks up the fact that he would molest women, and they were too star struck to fight back, and went to court to fight a rape charge by saying "you can't rape your wife", is the type of person who has any moral character what so ever?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...
Trump: [Inaudible.] You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.

Well I read it three times, and I still don't see the name KKK.

Could you perhaps bold it for me?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

And who do you think he's referring to as very fine people? The people he claims were there to protest removing the monument of a general who committed treason and lead an army against the United States? The Nazi's? The KKK? Surely one of them must have been some very fine people.

Since Trump didn't single out any specific group, I'm assuming he meant there were some very fine people from them all.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And who do you think he's referring to as very fine people? The people he claims were there to protest removing the monument of a general who committed treason and lead an army against the United States? The Nazi's? The KKK? Surely one of them must have been some very fine people.

Since Trump didn't single out any specific group, I'm assuming he meant there were some very fine people from them all.

Congratulations!

You just labeled anyone who wanted to keep these statues up as horrible people!

And just like many people on ATS and elsewhere have shown us; once you determine a person is a bad person, its ok to use physical violence.

Perhaps you can contact some of the antifa posters on this thread and see about joining up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I didn't want these statues taken down since they are represent our collective history.

Does that make me a member of one of those groups? No. It makes me a citizen concerned with the preservation of all sides of our history, good and bad.

Please try to expand your viewpoint of reasons why you should not to destroy history, that are not based upon pure emotions but on the future citizens and what they can learn from these things.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Damn. I dont visit ATS/news sites or watch network TV for a few days and Trump turns America to # again...

Nope, let me rephrase/correct myself... lefty hypocrite crybabies crying (again, so whats new?)

Time to buy Kleenex stock!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join