It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of some on the lefts double standard on Trumps condemning both sides comment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: Grambler
You know, I didn't even think about some on the lefts (many of the same people calling Trump a nazi defender) reactions to the riots in Ferguson, Baltimore, or the riots against Trump.

In all of those incidents, almost every leftists that I am talking about told us not to judge the rioters to harshly because the had legitimate grievances; rather it be cops are bad, Trump is bad, whiteness is bad, whatever.

Heck, as mentioned even Obama AT A MEMORIAL for slain offers chose to literally defend the protestors.

Just more examples of this hypocrisy;

when someone who is seen as a leftists does something wrong, we must look at violence on both sides.

But if someone perceived as on the right does something bad, then looking at both sides means you are defending the bad person.

I live and work within close proximity to the Ferguson riots, and I'm the first to call most of them exactly what they were; opportunistic criminals looking to get their kicks destroying and stealing property.

However, people destroying their own neighborhoods isn't quite the same thing as hate groups who target individuals of a particular color or religion, showing up ready for battle.

Sure there are differences.

But the principal is the same, both are engaging in reprehensible violent behavior. Their motives shouldn't matter when considering rather or not to make excuses for their actions.

And lets not act like they destroyed their own property, it was other even if they lived in that town. And many of the rioters were from out of town.

And speaking of targeting people for their color.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Its so transparent, but apparently people need a refresher.

Remember when the Berkley riots happened. For those of you that don't know, antifa, the people that the media and others would have you believe were the innocent heroes of the left at Charolettesville, decided to beat peoplee incuding women, and burn down and smash building because a right wing speaker was coming to caampus

Sorry but I don't remember an Berkley riots happening.

Maybe you could offer some proof of this assertion?

I mean, we have a video of a Nazi-wannabe quite purposely mowing down a crowd of people on a street. Surely there's a video just as bad to support your narrative?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You know, I didn't even think about some on the lefts (many of the same people calling Trump a nazi defender) reactions to the riots in Ferguson, Baltimore, or the riots against Trump.

In all of those incidents, almost every leftists that I am talking about told us not to judge the rioters to harshly because the had legitimate grievances; rather it be cops are bad, Trump is bad, whiteness is bad, whatever.

Heck, as mentioned even Obama AT A MEMORIAL for slain offers chose to literally defend the protestors.

when someone who is seen as a leftists does something wrong, we must look at violence on both sides.

But if someone perceived as on the right does something bad, then looking at both sides means you are defending the bad person.

I live and work within close proximity to the Ferguson riots, and I'm the first to call most of them exactly what they were; opportunistic criminals looking to get their kicks destroying and stealing property.

However, people destroying their own neighborhoods isn't quite the same thing as hate groups who target individuals of a particular color or religion, showing up ready for battle.

But the principal is the same, both are engaging in reprehensible violent behavior. Their motives shouldn't matter when considering rather or not to make excuses for their actions.

And lets not act like they destroyed their own property, it was other even if they lived in that town. And many of the rioters were from out of town.

Hmm yes:

Side note - do you happen to notice in your video two bits of information:
A) It's dark outside the parking garage - didn't this protest/march happen during the morning/afternoon?
B) The parking garage says Exit to 4th street - which parking garage exits to 4th street in Charlottesville?
edit on 0Wed, 16 Aug 2017 00:37:12 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks for explaining who/what Antifa is. I've seen the word several times, but never bothered to look it up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: havok
We have multiple videos of Trump disavowing that entire sect of idiots. Hell even a video from 17 years ago with him saying the same thing.

When he spoke out about it, yet again, recently...
What did we hear from the left?

"He didn't say it fast enough."

Pathetic.
Even some ATS users can be quoted saying the same thing.
Not fast enough huh?

They are just looking for something else to whine about.
Tell them to keep supporting their true Nazi sympathizer: Soros.

And all the people who support Trump or include themselves as right wing seem to do nothing BUT blame the left or yell liberal at any given time.

The hypocrisy...

Seems the 'whining' was there all along, it was just from the view point of YOU, so it didn't matter. How the tables have turned.

Many trump supporters including myself have heavily denounced the white supremacist groups.

Any thoughts on the hypocrites I lay out in the OP that feel Trump is a monster for blaming both sides here but who themselves blamed both sides when Scalise was shot?

You are missing the point.

All of a sudden the 'level' headed right come out as the more mature ones in the situation and think of themselves as the all knowing wise and powerful.

All I see now days is people pointing fingers at those damn nasty liberals and leftists.
And when it's the Trump supporters and the right it's them denouncing white supremacists, only a small fraction of 'us' they say are like that. Yet, deep down, majority of Trump supporters are xenophobic and Islamophobic.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yet, deep down, majority of Trump supporters are xenophobic and Islamophobic

just woke up and the caffeine has not kicked in yet, so forgive me as I ask... are you really calling 60 million voters xenophobic, and Islamophobic?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They voted for him. And his policies are rather in that direction.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
So, it is OK with you that Bernie Sanders, when confronted with corruption, embraces that corruption merely for his own personal gain, as opposed to being incorruptable and refusing to ally himself with one so corrupt as Hillary Clinton and the DNC party.

You're assuming Hillary is corrupt in the first place, an assertion I would disagree with.

And since Donald Trump was at a disadvantage from the day he announced his candidacy, and fought it successfully even against a corrupt opponent and won. You must consider him a good president based upon your own definition of a good president.

He wasn't at a disadvantage, that's why he chose to run when he did. He had a very real threat against the Republican party, and in such a diverse primary all he had to do was get a small percent of the vote, due to the winner take all system.

I wouldn't say he was the front runner, front runners rarely win. It's usually someone who starts from behind and wins. I'll give him credit that he won, but as far as elections go he didn't exactly have a tough one. That's not what I mean when I say someone who can negotiate from weakness.

Yet trump was at the ultimate disadvantage and won, and you hate him.

You keep proving to have bizarre double standards.

The ultimate disadvantage? The early primaries had 15 candidates. All Trump had to do was pull 10% or so and he could benefit from winner take all. Primaries with 2 candidates are much tougher as you have to pull 50%. He had just about the easiest election possible. A diverse field on his side and weak candidates on his opponents side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Hmm yes:

A) It's dark outside the parking garage - didn't this protest/march happen during the morning/afternoon?
B) The parking garage says Exit to 4th street - which parking garage exits to 4th street in Charlottesville?

The video is from a BLM riot in Charlotte.

As far aas not hearing about the Berkley riots, look it up. You may be surpirsed at what "the good guys" antifa did there.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

He beat Hillary who Bernie lost too. And Hillary was heavily favored. And shore she is not corrupt, lol.

Trump had never trumpers in his own party, was massively outspent, had almost the entire media agaisnt him, and was so disadvnataged was given almost no chance by just about every political analysts and pollster.

But there is no sense discussing this with you. You have already made up your mind and will adjust reality to fit your narrative.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Update on the OP.

Remember Bernie thought it was incumbent for everyone to blame the right wing when Gifford got shot?

Then he chose not to just blame the left when scalise got shot?

Well, good old Bern is back to thinking Trump is horrible for blaming both sides.

In the aftermath of Trump's reportedly unscripted press conference, Sanders tweeted that the president was “embarrassing our country and the millions of Americans who fought and died to defeat Nazism.

Strange, when his supporters are killing people, ALL violence needs to be condemned. But when his political opponents have people that are perceived as on their side committing violence, he is outraged when all sides are blamed.

How about Nacy Pelosi.

Remember from the OP, she was disgusted that some would blame democrats for not calling out left wing violence after the Scalise shooting? Surely she wouldn't do the same thing here, would she?

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said in a statement that the president had made comments “showing what he really believes”.

“The President's continued talk of blame 'on many sides' ignores the abhorrent evil of white supremacism,” the statement read.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Again, I can't believe how transparent this all is.

And not one person that is all over ats screaming about how trump is a nazi defender has came on this thread and acknowledged that Bernie Pelosi and the rest are also defenders of left wing perpetrators.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
We have multiple videos of Trump disavowing that entire sect of idiots. Hell even a video from 17 years ago with him saying the same thing.

When he spoke out about it, yet again, recently...
What did we hear from the left?

"He didn't say it fast enough."

Pathetic.
Even some ATS users can be quoted saying the same thing.
Not fast enough huh?

They are just looking for something else to whine about.
Tell them to keep supporting their true Nazi sympathizer: Soros.

And all the people who support Trump or include themselves as right wing seem to do nothing BUT blame the left or yell liberal at any given time.

The hypocrisy...

Seems the 'whining' was there all along, it was just from the view point of YOU, so it didn't matter. How the tables have turned.

Many trump supporters including myself have heavily denounced the white supremacist groups.

Any thoughts on the hypocrites I lay out in the OP that feel Trump is a monster for blaming both sides here but who themselves blamed both sides when Scalise was shot?

You are missing the point.

All of a sudden the 'level' headed right come out as the more mature ones in the situation and think of themselves as the all knowing wise and powerful.

All I see now days is people pointing fingers at those damn nasty liberals and leftists.
And when it's the Trump supporters and the right it's them denouncing white supremacists, only a small fraction of 'us' they say are like that. Yet, deep down, majority of Trump supporters are xenophobic and Islamophobic.

But you don't have a problem with the left doing the exact same thing?

When leftists riot, shoot cops, shoot republican congressmen, I can't even find one democrat that only condemned the left. All of them say violence on all sides is to blame.

In fact, many of them blame Trump for the lefts violence.

Oh as far as Trump supporters being xenophobic, seems most trump haters are xenophobic toward russia then.

But I know, I know, its ok for their side to do it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Hmm yes:

As far aas not hearing about the Berkley riots, look it up. You may be surpirsed at what "the good guys" antifa did there.

A BLM riot in Charlotte? When?

You realize that this latest incident happened in Charlottesville, no?
Also that BLM is certainly not the only one involved in the protests... sure were a lot of white people getting mowed down by the car attack, including the deceased Heather Heyer.

Frankly it seems like you are trying to sew division and using an unrelated video when you talk about how logic and facts matter back you up is kinda disingenuous.
edit on 8Wed, 16 Aug 2017 08:45:46 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Right over your head...
Again, blaming the left. Left this, left that.

Actions have consequences. The movement against Trump and his supporters didn't just happen out of the blue.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hmm yes:

Also that BLM is certainly not the only one involved in the protests... sure were a lot of white people getting mowed down by the car attack, including the deceased Heather Heyer.

Frankly it seems like you are trying to sew division and using an unrelated video when you talk about how logic and facts matter back you up is kinda disingenuous.

I was responding to a poster saying that the BLM was different because those riots didn't attack people based on race. Thats not entirely true.

Yes, I know that it was in charlottesville.

I am sorry that you didn't know there were BLM riots in Charlotte last september.

Again, the point is people on the left like bernie, pelosi and sanders blamed all sides for violence there, and nor claim that only the right must be blamed or you are defending nazis.

Do you not see the double standard?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Right over your head...
Again, blaming the left. Left this, left that.

Actions have consequences. The movement against Trump and his supporters didn't just happen out of the blue.

And thanks for proving my point.

Leftists shoots scalise, well he kind of a reason, because Trump is so bad.

You summed up my OP quite impressively.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Maybe third time's a charm..

The left and the media want civil war and their is no other way about it. The question is: Are we going to allow them manipulate us into one?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hmm yes:

I was responding to a poster saying that the BLM was different because those riots didn't attack people based on race. Thats not entirely true.

I am sorry that you didn't know there were BLM riots in Charlotte last september.

Again, the point is people on the left like bernie, pelosi and sanders blamed all sides for violence there, and nor claim that only the right must be blamed or you are defending nazis.

Strange you explicitly call out BLM when this was the post you responded to; Dudemo5 doesn't mention BLM ever in this thread, but the unrest in Ferguson after you brought it up:

Ah yes, after two shootings of black men by police, people got upset. The latest one, he was walking backwards towards police and they have yet to produce footage of him with a weapon that they claim.

The point is to not ignore the violence by Nazis by claiming both sides do it. You certainly never ignore violence by people you don't agree with, such as the above.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It is amazing how we have forgotten the lessons of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi.

Violence perpetuates violence. You hurt your own cause as much as your adversary's when you employ violence to make your point. You may seem to "win" for a time, but you haven't changed anything. But when violence is met with non-violence, you shame those perpetuating the violence in the eyes of the world, and you will sway public opinion to your cause.

It takes courage and perseverance to walk the path of non-violent protest, something that is sorely lacking in today's society.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - M. K. Gandhi

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Hmm yes:

Strange you explicitly call out BLM when this was the post you responded to; Dudemo5 doesn't mention BLM ever in this thread, but the unrest in Ferguson after you brought it up:

Ah yes, after two shootings of black men by police, people got upset. The latest one, he was walking backwards towards police and they have yet to produce footage of him with a weapon that they claim.

The point is to not ignore the violence by Nazis by claiming both sides do it. You certainly never ignore violence by people you don't agree with, such as the above.

First you say that saying both sides do it is ignoring violence.

So you must agree that in the shooting of Scalise when all of the dems said both sides do it that they were ignoring violence from their side.

Then you proceed to actually make excuses for the people rioting, which is an even more blatant example of ignoring violence than saying both sides do it.

So here you are, doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing;

You are by your definition ignoring your sides violence while always calling out violence from the other side.

I would disagree with you that poininting out violence on both sides is ignoring violence, but thats your definition not mine.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join