It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of some on the lefts double standard on Trumps condemning both sides comment

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Grambler

Great, one statue, to one person. We have thousands of these statues to a bunch of people. It's time for them to go.

Hahaha! First it was the UK wouldn't have a statue. Now its the wwouldn't have more than one. And if a put a dozen, you would move the goal post again like you have this whole thread.

And someone gave that post a star!

Oh and btw, I noticed you never responded to how you don't believe Trump winning was an upset, despite almost every news outlet and political pundit saying it was one of the biggest ones of all time.

Lol, the guy is all over the place.

He only responds with bad opinions.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, we came from all over, what is your point?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Destroy all statues and idols!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'll put my cards on the table. I see shades of gray with Antifa where I only see a binary choice between being a white supremacist or not.

Antifa defended peaceful protesters and the clergy in Charlottesville. Here's one account from a peaceful protester who witnessed Antifa coming to the aid of people who were about to come under attack.

There was a group of antifa defending First United Methodist Church right outside in their parking lot, and at one point the white supremacists came by and antifa chased them off with sticks.

Rebekkah Minning
Charlottesville Resident

Source: www.slate.com...

It doesn't excuse actions that Antifa has taken to provoke a response like what happened in Berkeley. But antifa does have a role to play in our protection should the president continue to embolden white supremacists.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What the media claims, and what is reality are not always the same thing. He wasn't the favorite so they claimed it was an upset. In reality he didn't get the popular vote and the electoral vote was closer than in most elections. That doesn't fit my definition of an upset.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'm a fan of ideas not idolatry.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Condeming both sides, while technically true is really misleading.

Nazi's where the agitators in charlottesville and the root cause.

You could say that Israeli/Palestinian conflict was violence on both sides.
Or Vietnam was violence on both sides
or WW2 was violence on both sides....and on and on and on.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It is so easy to get caught up in these shenanigans. I feel as if hatred is so strong right now and it's easy for the left to blame the right and for the right to blame the left. I mean it really feels like we are 6 year olds when they get in a disagreement lol. It's time for people to wake up and look themselves in the mirror and ask if they are doing the right thing. Are we really going to let say 5% of this hate group or 5% of this other hate group ruin what 90% of us Americans want?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think it's time we acknowledge that there are 5 political groupings.

1. Extreme left. Antifa. Wannabe anarchists. Trouble causing, often violent, not helping one bit.
2. Normal democrats. Left leaning with liberal opinions.
3. Centrists. Opinions on both sides depending on the issue at hand.
4. Normal republicans. Right leaning with conservative opinions.
5. The alt right. Nazis. White supremacists. KKK etc.

1 and 5 are the problem here. And on ATS amongst all our infighting we seem desperate to lump everyone into 1 and 5.

We should all be agreeing to disagree except on the fact that extremism is bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I think it's time we acknowledge that there are 5 political groupings.

1. Extreme left. Antifa. Wannabe anarchists. Trouble causing, often violent, not helping one bit.
2. Normal democrats. Left leaning with liberal opinions.
3. Centrists. Opinions on both sides depending on the issue at hand.
4. Normal republicans. Right leaning with conservative opinions.
5. The alt right. Nazis. White supremacists. KKK etc.

1 and 5 are the problem here. And on ATS amongst all our infighting we seem desperate to lump everyone into 1 and 5.

We should all be agreeing to disagree except on the fact that extremism is bad.

In addition, I would be willing to wager the dispersion pattern of those groups represent a steep bell curve with #3 at the peak these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Can't carry a conversation with someone that keeps switching from event to event. First Virginia, then Berkley, then back to Virginia. All distraction, anyway.

My original point stands. Trump hates on hate in one sentence, and in the next threatens NK wth "Fire and Fury".
Hypocrisy is glaring.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Well said.

Are we really going to let say 5% of this hate group or 5% of this other hate group ruin what 90% of us Americans want?

That is the idea being pushed at the top, in the MSM and here.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What the media claims, and what is reality are not always the same thing.

Yep!!!!

Thank you for validating the OP!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, we came from all over, what is your point?

What was yours? That Berkley demonstration wasn't hijacked by outside agitators, turned violent for the press cameras, to discredit the demonstrators message?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Fascist.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

I thought it was a lone wolf who killed that woman in Charlottesville?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

Don't you realize, it is only an individual if it fits their narrative and is beneficial to their cause. After all, aren't we reminded that not ALL Muslims are terrorists?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Don't you realize, it is only an individual if it fits their narrative and is beneficial to their cause. After all, aren't we reminded that not ALL Muslims are terrorists?

Ok but to their credit, not all Muslims are bad people.

All nazis; probably bad people.

But I get your greater point;

The moral charcter of the group should not matter.

If a person from group a kills someone and we don't blame the group, why do it with group b.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Ok but to their credit, not all Muslims are bad people.

All nazis; probably bad people.

But I get your greater point;

The moral charcter of the group should not matter.

If a person from group a kills someone and we don't blame the group, why do it with group b.

Agreed on all points. But, what if someone posing as one of those Nazi's was the driver (not that it s the case, but in future it should be considered at a conspiracy site), we should not assume the actions of an individual reflect the actions of affiliates. It is likely, yes, but not a proven fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Well, considering that the "organizer" of the rally is a "reformed" leftist----Occupier and Obama supporter---would it be too much of a stretch on a conspiracy site to say that this could be another set-up by Soros on his birthday?
Could this be why nobody had ever heard of this guy until this past spring when he suddenly "turned" from extreme left to extreme right? Alex Jones outed him the day after the rally. He admitted being a member of Occupy and an ardent Obama supporter. How, I ask you, does one go from DESTROY capitalism to "We need to protect our western heritage." in a few short months? He didn't explain that at all when Jones was questioning him....makes me go hmmmm. Boy, oh boy wouldn't I like to get a look at his income sources!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join