It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of some on the lefts double standard on Trumps condemning both sides comment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Its so transparent, but apparently people need a refresher.

Remember when the Berkley riots happened. For those of you that don't know, antifa, the people that the media and others would have you believe were the innocent heroes of the left at Charolettesville, decided to beat peoplee incuding women, and burn down and smash building because a right wing speaker was coming to caampus.

What was the response from many on the left of this? Some on the media and elsewhere either didn't condemn the violence or straight up blamed the victims or both sides.

(btw I know infowars sucks, but all of the tweets are listed)

Hollywood director Judd Apatow threatened Trump supporters with a since deleted tweet in which he stated, “This is just the beginning. When will all the fools who are still supporting Trump realize what is at stake?”

The Mayor of Berkeley Jesse Arreguin also legitimized the riots by calling them a reaction to “hate speech”.

After the riots, Google engineer Adrienne Porter Felt called on people to donate to UC Berkeley.

Buzzfeed’s Hannah Jewell apparently thought the beating and pepper spraying of women was funny.

MSNBC producer Kyle Griffin slammed Trump for being “upset….over a Breitbart editor,” presumably unaware of the fact that innocent people were beaten by the rioters.

VICE columnist Hussein Kesvani’s main gripe was that Milo Yiannopoulos was made to appear “reasonable”.

www.infowars.com...

Or this gem from a CNN guest.

On Thursday night CNN hosted former Clinton administration Labor Secretary Robert Reich and then proceeded to spread conspiracy theories about who was really behind the violence at the Berkeley over an event featuring Milo Yiannopoulos.

Reich even tried to make the connection that Breitbart was somehow connected to the violence on the campus.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Most democratic politicians chose to not mention the riots at all.

But lets move on to what I think is a better example.

The shooting of Steve Scalise.

This was done by a someone who worked on Bernies campaign who was a huge anti republican.

What did some on the left have to say about this.

So what did Bernie say. Surely he denounced left wing violence and rhetoric?

I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," the Vermont independent said in brief remarks on the Senate floor. "I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be — violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society, and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs counter to our most deeply held American values."

www.npr.org...

Wait violence of ANY kind? Sounds like he is not directly calling out the violent left. Oh well, maybe thats just his style. Its not like he would just blame one side in the Gifford shooting (and fund raise off of it) (this is only part of the statement)

Congresswoman Giffords publicly expressed concerns when Sarah Palin, on her website, placed her district in the cross-hairs of a rifle – and identified her by name below the image – as an encouragement to Palin supporters to eliminate her from Congress. […] In light of all of this violence – both actual and threatened – is Arizona a state in which people who are not Republicans are able to participate freely and fully in the democratic process? Have right-wing reactionaries, through threats and acts of violence, intimidated people with different points of view from expressing their political positions

reason.com...

In fact, I could not find one democratic politicians that expressedly blamed left wing rhetoric and violence. Almost all statements condemned all violence and bad rhetoric. Yet when Trump calls out all violence, that means he is supporting nazis.

So we can we assume democrats in this case are supporting left wing assassins?

Then we had low level democrats saying they were glad scalise was shot.

Just one week after Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) was shot by a Bernie Sanders supporter who hated Republicans, a Nebraska Democratic Party official was caught on tape saying that he’s glad the congressman, who is still fighting for his life, was shot.

thefederalist.com...

Hmm. Haven't seen any Republican officials saying they are glad this girl Heather was killed.

One republican did call out left wing violence. And what was the Democratic response. Pelosi.

So this sick individual does something despicable and it was horrible what he did, hateful. But for them to all of a sudden be sanctimonious as if, they don't, never seen such a thing before. And I don't even want to go into the President of the United States. But in terms of some of the language that he has used."

www.cnn.com...

Well she felt it was ridiculous to be accused of this. We will see what she says about Trumps comments today when democrats are doing that very thing to Trump.

And notice how that cnn article blames both sides? Hmm, for some reason they feel different today.

Oh and lets not forget Trump got blamed for the scalise shooting too.

“I do think that both sides are not equally at fault and that there’s been a bit of a false equivalency at work, especially in the discussion of the past couple of days. I think that, in terms of political leadership right now, that both President Trump and the congressional leadership on the Republican side are extremely divisive, and that they are really benefitting from a kind of rage machine that operates in this country.”

— Former New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramason

“What’s more harmful: Putting millions already on the margins more at-risk via draconian policies, or shooting a racist lawmaker in the hip?”...

“For violent resistance to work it’d need to be organized. Individual acts can be understandable, but likely counterproductive/ineffective.”

— June 14 tweets from Huffington Post writer Jesse Benn.

www.foxnews.com...

The article goes on.

Oh and you saw Cnn's comments about scalise shooter being violence from both sides. Well check out their page today abouit the 14 crazy things Trump said about charlottesville. Funny how their opinion changed huh?

www.cnn.com...

Don Lemon was especially outraged about Trumps comments today but had not problem during the scalise shooting blaming both sides.

I could go on and on.

And lets not forget some of the same people on ATS that were saying it was all sides rheotic at fault for scalise are saying Trump is a nazi defender for saying the same thing now.

Hypocrite status: legendary.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I personally think people are going a bit overboard with the "both sides" criticism, and it would be nice if I could find an article in the MSM that actually gave a realistic, high-level overview of the different groups that showed up at the protest and what their behavior was.

If Antifa showed up at the protest armed for battle and started swinging away, someone should be writing about that.

I think there's some sort of unwritten agreement that whenever a racist group like the KKK shows up and protests, they are responsible for the resulting violence no matter who throws the first punch.

I disagree.

I mean, I would have loved to be able to say that the Westboro Baptist Church was responsible for every punch they took in the face, but their lawyers managed to prove over and over that this simply was not the case.

+45 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
We have multiple videos of Trump disavowing that entire sect of idiots. Hell even a video from 17 years ago with him saying the same thing.

When he spoke out about it, yet again, recently...
What did we hear from the left?

"He didn't say it fast enough."

Pathetic.
Even some ATS users can be quoted saying the same thing.
Not fast enough huh?

They are just looking for something else to whine about.
Tell them to keep supporting their true Nazi sympathizer: Soros.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe third time's a charm..

edit on 15-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If we were to apply some critical thinking here, it is plain to see what and where the true problem resides.

That would be the MSM and those who parrot it. Along with critical thinking skills and the ability to question what you're hearing even though you may agree with it is something that is not being done in regard anything in politics in the past 15 years.

Combine internet anonymity and you have the perfect propaganda cannon.

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So are you saying because some people are hypocritical then it's okay for nazis to murder American citizens and for the president to blame the victim?

Wow. Did you twist your spine when you wrote this drivel?

Your new theme song.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: gremlin something gremlin

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I see comprehension is not your strongest suit.

But apparently reaching is.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I must have missed where the Trump blamed Heather for her death?

Can you point me to that?

And btw, I assume you think that every single democrat like Bernie and pelosi that blamed both sides were blaming scalise for being shot and you also think they are horrible. Right?
edit on 15-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

damn,

i hadn't put these events together like you did.
you gave me something to think about.

thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
We have multiple videos of Trump disavowing that entire sect of idiots. Hell even a video from 17 years ago with him saying the same thing.

Pathetic.
Not fast enough huh?

When he spoke out recently what I heard was him reading someone elses speech at first (it was full of big words Trump doesn't usually say). Then I heard a speech today where he walked that back, and blamed people other than Nazi's for violence committed by Nazi's. And this time it was clearly written by him because the vocabulary matched up. Then when challenged on it, he doubled down and evaded saying anything about the right, saying all the violence was caused by the left, and that he studied this issue more than anyone.

Then I heard him call a bunch of people on Twitter who thought he went off the rails losers.

I'm not surprised people here are defending Trump though, this site in the past few months has had everything from a white supremecist infestation, to people openly calling for concentration camps for Arabs, and nothing is done about it.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Are these the same folks that repeatedly and vociferously defended the position that regular followers of Islam had no reason to denounce the psycho's that twist their religion to justify terrorist acts? Why would someone that is not affiliated with a group, and who has already repeatedly over time denounced that groups actions and teachings, need to denounce them in this case?

Unless, there happens to be some political advantage to demanding this type of reaction form one person but not the other?

Deny Ignorance folks.

This is the standard agenda being played out loudly for all to hear. See it for what it is, and not what tickles your emotions.

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Strange...

I expected all of the people on the other threads calling Trump a nazi for blaming both sides to be on here condemning Bernoe, Pelosi and all of the other democrats that were mentioned as being supporters of anti conservative (would be) assassins?

I mean, the standard has been set right? If you denounce both sides, you are supporting the murderous group.

Anyone?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Did anyone from the left ever condemn Eric Clanton the bike lock guy? Our that Bernie guy that shot the senator? I don't think media or politicians ever did condemn them or even mention them.

Trump put blame where blame was due. It takes 2 to tango.
edit on 15-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

How many beers did you have today? I am guessing about 30 too many.
Post a link that shows Trump blamed the victim.

This why the mental impairment of the Leftists is a relentlessly obvious fact.
Grambler has laid out a very eye opening OP that shows the complete disconnect of their minds from reality.
Star & flag 1000Xs Grambler, you have single handedly destroyed them and their hate filled nonsense against Trump and his supporters.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Remember when Obama blamed the police at the funeral of the officers killed by the sniper in Texas? Nah, didn't think so as the media didn't go apesh*t over it. Imagine if Trump goes to the funeral of the young lady and says both sides are to blame...

President Obama defended the Black Lives Matter movement Tuesday at a memorial service for five slain Dallas police officers, saying bigotry remains a problem in police departments across the U.S. While paying tribute to the fallen officers for sacrificing their lives to protect anti-police protesters from a sniper, Mr. Obama also called on law enforcement agencies to root out bias that he said is contributing to violence on the streets of America.

“We have all seen this bigotry in our lives at some point,” Mr. Obama told an audience of about 2,500 at a concert hall in Dallas. “None of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune. And that includes our police departments. We know this.”

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Pathetic.
Not fast enough huh?

And all the people who support Trump or include themselves as right wing seem to do nothing BUT blame the left or yell liberal at any given time.

The hypocrisy...

Seems the 'whining' was there all along, it was just from the view point of YOU, so it didn't matter. How the tables have turned.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Pretty hypocritical of them for sure but the reverse is also true.

The left were hypocrites back then (still are) and the right are being hypocrites now about the two similar situations.
edit on 8/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Pathetic.
Not fast enough huh?

And all the people who support Trump or include themselves as right wing seem to do nothing BUT blame the left or yell liberal at any given time.

The hypocrisy...

Seems the 'whining' was there all along, it was just from the view point of YOU, so it didn't matter. How the tables have turned.

Many trump supporters including myself have heavily denounced the white supremacist groups.

Any thoughts on the hypocrites I lay out in the OP that feel Trump is a monster for blaming both sides here but who themselves blamed both sides when Scalise was shot?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
AntiFa is only as violent as the right requires them to be.

It was the nazi's that surrounded those college kids and attacked them with their tiki-torches. It was the nazi's that charged into a group of counter protesters screaming, 'blood and soil.' It was a nazi that rammed his car into a group of people killing Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

So when the POTUS comes out and says, 'it was both sides to blame' you should understand the pushback that would receive. Not only did he equivocate counter-protesting with murder over the weekend he didn't even recognize that it was, specifically, nazi's that were there.

The people that ended up defending themselves and others were, to him, just as bad as those people attacking them. That was the wrong response and, pretty much, everyone understands that.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join