It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in the limit of Populism: NeoNazis are also Fine people!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers

It is said that the best definition of a populist politician is the one that say to everybody what they want to hear even if you he perfectly knows it is impossible to satisfy all of them.

That does not sound even honest but what we are watching today in the news make us think how much more it is possible to continue walking following the mirage of Demagogy.

If you are NeoNazi ,KKK or other kind of hard core supremacist racist don't be afraid since under the new ethical categories in use in America you are just also very fine people.

D.T: "bad people" turned out to oppose neo-Nazis and that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." Apart from the white supremacists, D.T. insisted, there were also well-meaning, peaceful demonstrators who only wanted to air objections to the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, the Confederate general. 

This is what anybody can infer from the last words of who is in charge in the principal office of the country. Nevertheless, I think it is fair to give a context on which these so unfortunate words have arrived to the political scene.

Many people we went yesterday in some way already relaxed to bed after two days of really worrying news when we saw after the terrible events of Charlottestown the following speech from who is in charge:

“Racism is evil,” Trump said during a brief address at the White House on Monday. “And those that cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

Pls check

Under the pressure of the public opinion after two days ignoring the events of Charlottestown, or trying to don't be involved in the issue, finally D.T. condemns Racism

What happened then? well there were remarks coming from the white supremacists groups pointing that they were frankly disappointed with statements coming from the white house since they claim to have been who voted for whom is in Charge and Not the left wing.

Far Right wing surge from Charlottestown protest

That is the immediate situation that serves as a context with this so evident contradictory last statement of today that looks pretty in consistent with what it was said yesterday.

Pls check

abcnews.go.com...

Finally this is the reaction of the Republican Congressmen as soon as the new Statement of the President was aired by the media:

GOP lawmakers react to Trump: “very fine people” don’t participate in rallies with racist chants

Pls check

www.vox.com...

Now, the new reactions among the White supremacists KKK supporters that arranged the demonstrations in Virginia, still present in Charlottestown came so soon after:

"Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists," tweeted David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and outspoken Trump supporter who attended the Charlottesville protest

What do you think of this new way to classify what is fine behavior in our society?

Is this as bad as it looks or there is anyway decent way to justify these strange remark?

Are these words going to label in History to whom said them today?

Thanks for your attention

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 8/15/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm white. I'm not ashamed of it.

I don't think I'm above any other sort of race, I do not suppress nor criticize any other race.

I am not a nazi, I am not a white supremacist.

I am a white American who is proud to be who he is and is proud of my heritage.

Anyone who criticizes those simple beliefs are no better than those who they think they are criticizing.

Sad how people can throw around racial slurs like white supremacist or nazi. Yet when a white person says it it's near threatened as a hate crime.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Sad how people can throw around racial slurs like white supremacist or nazi. Yet when a white person says it it's near threatened as a hate crime.

those are not racial slurs. they are descriptions of belief systems.

i will take you at your word that you don't think you're above anyone and you don't oppress anyone, but the fact that you feel like you have to proclaim you're not ashamed of being white is just weird to me. i'm not ashamed of being white either, but i also don't feel as if i am asked to be ashamed of being white just because i am aware of the privilege that grants me, and aware of how others are oppressed. i see this 'shame' and 'white guilt' thing being tossed around and it's a bizarre, wrongheaded concept from the jump.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
all I have to say is you'll miss us and our culture when we're gone.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Do you not understand that some of the people there against the removal of the statue were not kkk members, Nazis, or evil racists?

Those idiots showed up, but it doesn't mean everyone agreed with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Looks like a lot of people got triggered today.

Especially the tolerant ones who want full cooperation from everybody else.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Nothing wrong with being proud of who and what you are.

But, if you are to be truly proud of your heritage, you must accept ALL that that heritage entails; not just the nobility, but the shame as well.

We are, all, the sum and total, good and bad, of want has come before us and what has made us.

As the dominant "race" (up to the present, at least) your heritage includes some not so noble acts an attitudes expressed at the expense of other "heritages".

You own those too.

We all do.

And if that is uncomfortable, well it's just the price one has to pay when the shoe is placed on the other foot as we learn to walk that long mile in someone else's shoes.

But the journey is noble, at that too, will be part of your children's proud heritage.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 15-8-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

But, if you are to be truly proud of your heritage, you must accept ALL that that heritage entails; not just the nobility, but the shame as well.

We are, all, the sum and total, good and bad, of want has come before us and what has made us.

As the dominant "race" (up to the present, at least) your heritage includes some not so noble acts an attitudes expressed at the expense of other "heritages".

You own those too.

We all do.

And if that is uncomfortable, well it's just the price one has to pay when the shoe is placed on the other foot as we learn to walk that long mile in someone else's shoes.

But the journey is noble, at that too, will be part of your children's proud heritage.

I have no shame in my heritage. Nor should i be required to have any shame.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

those are not racial slurs. they are descriptions of belief systems.

i will take you at your word that you don't think you're above anyone and you don't oppress anyone, but the fact that you feel like you have to proclaim you're not ashamed of being white is just weird to me. i'm not ashamed of being white either, but i also don't feel as if i am asked to be ashamed of being white just because i am aware of the privilege that grants me, and aware of how others are oppressed. i see this 'shame' and 'white guilt' thing being tossed around and it's a bizarre, wrongheaded concept from the jump.

A racial slur is defined as a "disrespectful nickname for a racial group" Calling a white person standing up for their beliefs a NAZI is indeed a racial slur by definition.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You own those too.

We all do.

If you have no shame then you have no empathy, only ego.

If you have no empathy, you have no humanity.

If you have no humanity, what heritage do you really have of which to be proud?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You own those too.

We all do.

If you have no shame then you have no empathy, only ego.

If you have no empathy, you have no humanity.

If you have no humanity, what heritage do you really have of which to be proud?

So what is there exactly to be shameful of?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't think there is any shame in how you feel, the problems stem from when your logic isn't applied across the board, when people choose to see problems which are manufactured mostly to divide us, such as immigration.

It doesn't help either when segregation is still relatively recent past and the people who were suppressed haven't ha enough generations through to put them on a completely equal footing yet.

Let's not forget that white poor man suffers a similar fate to that of previously oppressed ethnicities, in effect the struggle continues.

However there is big difference between pride for ones self and the privilege they were afforded to elevate them.

Bottom line this world is still full of butt hurt people from every place, some has a degree of justification, others, well their justification is a little thin on the ground.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
All of this talk about nazis, panthers, Antifa, Mexicans, illegals, hadjis, Jews, zionisms, republicans, democrats, racism, exceptionalism, Christian, Islam, gay, straight, LGBT and all other self identities one can muster up etc.... is just drivel. I am sorry to care less about anyone's plight of identity. I just want to be left alone to live and let live. Most of all the groups claiming superiority or subjectivism is 90% in their head.
We are all one people and should be treated as one species. I am not advocating the reemergence of Jim Crow laws but maybe everyone needs to have a serious time out and be separated into separate corners to realize the errors in their ways.
That reminds me of a biblical story of the towers at babel. are we supposed to be together and work as a synergistic beehive or are we supposed to just exist and do the best we can?
I am not advocating apathy and indifference towards our fellow man but just give each other space and be the change that we want to see in the world through proper introspective and love. It is a young man's nonage that compels him to fight against everything and and old wise man's wisdom that makes him seem impotent. Words without works are not profitable but works without words or proper instruction are blind to the outcome desired. Have a good day, it's been years since I've posted and hope I haven't bored you to death with my ramblings. Carry on as you were ladies and gentlemen or whatever you creatures call yourselves now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

Yes, you have touched a very important aspect here, many of the people that went into the streets in Charlottesville were not really moved by clear ideals, they were there trying to show that they are important in someway.

There is a lot of young people that is being manipulated on our days by irresponsible movements that are just only trying to use them politically, using their enthusiasm or energy and their natural rebellion against the status quo.

Possibly this is what Mr Trump couldn't express clearly in his so controversial statements, that there were people on both sides that were not there moved by criminal causes, they were just trying to express the dissatisfaction they feel with respect to the their present situation.

The problem is that he as President must be able to distinguish the people of the attitudes and actions, in order to condemn the last ones but try to rescue or show understanding of the first ones.

Thanks for your comment,

The Angel of Lightness

top topics

join