It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finally off to Stalingrad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Those that know me know I love travelling to historical sites.
My bucket list is long - thankfully I'm moving through it step by step.

I just finished booking and paying for my next leg - love to hear some peoples advice or stories from similar trips?

First stop Paris - Train to Verdun and Explore the best parts of WW1. Spend some time walking the paddocks and digging up some relics from the war
Next stop Rome and Naples
Then off to Salzburg - renting a motorcycle and spending 3 days riding through the alps exploring Berchtesgaden and Hitlers Eagles Nest
Then off to Berlin - 4 days exploring the flak tours, digging up some relics on the man made mountain, exploring the reichstag and all other sites
Then, a quick stop in Belgium - hopefully to Bastogne but definitely to the monument of Waterloo
and then... the cherry on my trip.. Volgograd!

3 days in Stalingrad exploring - I've arranged a company to take me out digging outside the town for relics

The only hitch?

I'm flying Qatar Airways via DOHA... so there's a chance I'll be shot down via Saudi Arabian Anti Aircraft Missiles..

To date, I've explored

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Somme, Ypres, Dunkirk, Normandy Beach, St Mere Eglise, NASA< Auschwitz, Dealy Plaza, 9/11 NYC,

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Do you have thing for evil and destructive places?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Those that know me know I love travelling to historical sites.
My bucket list is long - thankfully I'm moving through it step by step.

I just finished booking and paying for my next leg - love to hear some peoples advice or stories from similar trips?

First stop Paris - Train to Verdun and Explore the best parts of WW1. Spend some time walking the paddocks and digging up some relics from the war
Next stop Rome and Naples
Then off to Salzburg - renting a motorcycle and spending 3 days riding through the alps exploring Berchtesgaden and Hitlers Eagles Nest
Then off to Berlin - 4 days exploring the flak tours, digging up some relics on the man made mountain, exploring the reichstag and all other sites
Then, a quick stop in Belgium - hopefully to Bastogne but definitely to the monument of Waterloo
and then... the cherry on my trip.. Volgograd!

3 days in Stalingrad exploring - I've arranged a company to take me out digging outside the town for relics

The only hitch?

I'm flying Qatar Airways via DOHA... so there's a chance I'll be shot down via Saudi Arabian Anti Aircraft Missiles..

To date, I've explored

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Somme, Ypres, Dunkirk, Normandy Beach, St Mere Eglise, NASA< Auschwitz, Dealy Plaza, 9/11 NYC,

Very cool!

Remember, we will want pics!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting fetish...

While in Salzburg please take time to visit a salt mine - they are awesome.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Stay safe!!!

And, take pictures....and then post then here

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

DTOM, its been a while!
I absolutely will throw up some pics!
hope all is well!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It sure has been a while!!!!

I so loved your Chernobyl thread....it was quite a moving thread.

Things are doing well here, thanks.

How long will your trip be, all total? When will you be back?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Absolutely!

4 weeks and counting!

new topics

top topics

join