It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Prescription Heroin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I love research. I actually find this pretty interesting, heroin with methadone vs. medical heroin. Does it seem right?
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050208/ap_on_he_me/canada_heroin_clinic

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Its customary to add a bit more commentary to articles you are post.

Just as an FYI: Morphine Sulfate metabolizes into heroin as it is broken down.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Just as an FYI: Morphine Sulfate metabolizes into heroin as it is broken down.

Oh boy do I know that for a fact. When I got injured a few years ago(Bycycle accident, split my right kidney almost in half massive internal bleeding treatment massive doses of morphine and saline IV NO SURGURY FOR ME
) it was just after I had done alot of research into Heroin so well you can imagine what kinds of tricks my mind was playing on me.

I think this program is viable, it may help these addicts get better by slowly taking them off of it. And another thing they should do is try to make it so the Addicts cannot tell the methadone from the real stuff, it would work alot better that way allthough is it feasable?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
morphine -> diacetyl morphine in the brain? Never heard that before...

I know codeine is metabolized into morphine though.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This one is still in the working stage. The Meth program is to get junkies off the junk. Feed them "legal" stuff, keeping them from B&E's to feed their need. Seems like it could work BUT there is a problem. The Meth is given orally, junk is banged. I've heard that there is a rush induced by the needle. FredT can help here, is there a difference in how the body metabolizes the drug if taken differently? If so, some will never be helped and those that are will be doing so on willpower alone, with no need for Meth. Well, at least I still have my TV.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
is there a difference in how the body metabolizes the drug if taken differently?

Very much so....I'm a bit spotty on providing the details, but I believe it has something to do with the time it takes to pass through the blood-brain barrier and its ADME...

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems a bit loony to me....but it also seems to be a bit more progressive than our fruitless endeavors with the Drug War...

new topics

top topics

join