It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

You’re basically ignorant.

Nazis murdered millions.

KKK murdered thousands. Lynched black people just because they were black.

You equate that with a bunch of wild left wingers
Who NEVER killed anyone

Your terribly wrong

And need more than medicine since your judgment is impaired

This statement is so stupid I had to respond.
The alt-left at that rally consisted of, communist, anarcho-communist and communist militias.
If you were not some sort of reality denying leftist you may have noticed that the people flying the read flags that read world workers party were communists, that ideology alone has killed over a hundred million people in the last century.
I know your are a leftists, but it still blows my mind how nazi=bad and commies=good guys

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Reading comprehension a thing With you or what, I said the ruling class were European descendants.
The white supramacist tiki torch bearing pricks trying to make the point that America is a white only nation or should be, a thing it never was, despite others not having full political and social equality until recently.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No it was an Obama false flag op,and doubled down by Soros useful idiots

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No it was an Obama false flag op,and doubled down by Soros useful idiots

Huh?? .are we talking about the events of last wkend??.. If so how does Obama figures into this.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Holy Molly he can type correctly I understood his post
See not hard Cav.
Utterly wrong though.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

His man orchestrated the rally Not to mention...thefederalistpapers.org... R&utm_campaign=COTR

THE governor LIED .
edit on 18-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Iscool

a reply to: xuenchen

Equivocation is back. That didn't take long.

And, he furthers the notion of such a thing as a benevolent Nazi. Some of them are good people, don't you see? The president says so.
Don't you flakes realize that Trump wasn't referring to the Nazis but regular folks who were there just to protest taking down the statues??? Of course you do...

A white nationalist philosophy is not compatible with a pluralistic, civilized society. It must be rhetorically attacked, pulling the ideas root and branch from the swamp in which they grow.

I Blame IDENTITY POLITICS We keep seeing groups form separating themselves by race creed it color. We have blacks actually pushing for segregation. You know MLK would spin in his grave. We have people who separate by politics making the other side evil. And you don't think this opens the door for white racists and black racists and Hispanic racists. As far as Nazis please there is far to many communists in this country for fascists to grow.

I'm discussing this topic: white supremacy in America and Trump's radical idea that there are somehow good or benevolent white nationalists. It is happening now, and lives outside of the realm of theory.

Quote me where Trump says that.

He implies it. To say otherwise is to be disingenuous. Do you really think Trump is all of the sudden going to become some kind of truth teller? He will lie, tell another lie to cover it up, and then lie again saying he never lied in the first place.

What a piece of disgusting garbage he is. "Beautiful confederate monuments". Grambler, please. You're a smart person. Do you actually believe him? As Tina Fey said, he would bulldoze those monuments in a heartbeat to build a bunch of cheap condos on the land.

There are no good white nationalists. There are no good white supremacists. And there are certainty no "good people" among the ranks of neo-Nazi scum.

And if Trump believes deep down in his heart that there is some redeeming quality about white nationalists, then he's a danger to this country. If Trump truly believes that good people are among the ranks of the people who would deny equal rights to Jews, African-Americans, the LGBT community and women if given the chance, he is delusional.

I'm not going to play the quote game. It's a fools errand to research and isolate quotes. If you live your life based on quotes and don't take into consideration Trump's actions and the effect of those actions, then you'll get good at Google but stay poor with understanding current events.

edit on 18-8-2017 by icanteven because: forget a verb

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

In the same way I must try to understand the people who riot in Ferguson, to understand why they have their rage and try to apply some context to make sense of the world, I have to ask myself why white nationalists have their rage and want to riot.

In so doing, I have to admit that while I find their views repugnant....to summarize them as a person based on those views isn't any more right than summarize a BLM protester who wants to kill white people by their views. They holds these viewpoints for a reason.

Granted, often the reason is pure ignorance. But to cure ignorance you have to illuminate or outlast (depending on how firmly rooted the ignorance is).

There is a true culture war going on in America. And it is making some folks very uneasy, and bringing out the worst in them. While any individual is responsible for their actions....I have to say that the burden is also shared by the hand holding the gun. And in this case, its whoever is running crap like this:

www.snopes.com...

It is impossible to believe on its face...yet is shared ad nauseum by a public who BELIEVES there is a culture war, and that they are under attack. And this public is made out of people on both sides of said war. Understanding that most people, statistically, are morons...i can easily see how not approaching these fake stories critically can lead someone to irrational thoughts and actions. What do we expect when our education system teaches you to memorize and not think?

Nonetheless...I reject your broad brush claim. I know many useful idiots that are otherwise good folks who are saying things they don't actually believe right now due to the fear stoked by media.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well than you for thinking I am a smart person. I am sure other disagree, but I digress.

Here is what trump said about good people on both sides.

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group.

Q (Inaudible.)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did.

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Q George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Well know, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down --

Excuse me, are we going to take down- are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

Q I do love Thomas Jefferson.

TRUMP: Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

abcnews.go.com...

How can people be outraged at what Trump said without looking at the quote?

You just hate Trump; you think he is a racist because of past actions, policies, etc.

And so viewing this through that lens, you see Trump here as defending nazis.

But thats not what he said.

What you are doing would be no different than a person who was CONVINCED Obama was a muslim, and then looked at speeches of his about terrorism and said "See, Obama is a terrorist sympathizer".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the same way I must try to understand the people who riot in Ferguson, to understand why they have their rage and try to apply some context to make sense of the world, I have to ask myself why white nationalists have their rage and want to riot.

In so doing, I have to admit that while I find their views repugnant....to summarize them as a person based on those views isn't any more right than summarize a BLM protester who wants to kill white people by their views. They holds these viewpoints for a reason.

Granted, often the reason is pure ignorance. But to cure ignorance you have to illuminate or outlast (depending on how firmly rooted the ignorance is).

There is a true culture war going on in America. And it is making some folks very uneasy, and bringing out the worst in them. While any individual is responsible for their actions....I have to say that the burden is also shared by the hand holding the gun. And in this case, its whoever is running crap like this:

www.snopes.com...

It is impossible to believe on its face...yet is shared ad nauseum by a public who BELIEVES there is a culture war, and that they are under attack. And this public is made out of people on both sides of said war. Understanding that most people, statistically, are morons...i can easily see how not approaching these fake stories critically can lead someone to irrational thoughts and actions. What do we expect when our education system teaches you to memorize and not think?

Nonetheless...I reject your broad brush claim. I know many useful idiots that are otherwise good folks who are saying things they don't actually believe right now due to the fear stoked by media.

I appreciate your post and saying where you stand. I do take issue with the last paragraph since it requires mind-reading on your part, which is something that none of us can truly do. People that align themselves with a white supremacist group want to be there with their fellow compatriots.

Will these nationalists awaken from their slumber all of the sudden and see the light? I'm not holding out too much hope, but I would love to be proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well than you for thinking I am a smart person. I am sure other disagree, but I digress.

Here is what trump said about good people on both sides.

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group.

Q (Inaudible.)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did.

You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Q George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Well know, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down --

Excuse me, are we going to take down- are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

Q I do love Thomas Jefferson.

TRUMP: Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

abcnews.go.com...

How can people be outraged at what Trump said without looking at the quote?

You just hate Trump; you think he is a racist because of past actions, policies, etc.

And so viewing this through that lens, you see Trump here as defending nazis.

But thats not what he said.

What you are doing would be no different than a person who was CONVINCED Obama was a muslim, and then looked at speeches of his about terrorism and said "See, Obama is a terrorist sympathizer".

Again, I'm not going to play the quote game, but I appreciate your reply.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Sometimes you find that you have goals that mirror horrible people's goals. What do you do....change course just because you don't want to be like them?

Im not a "southern boy" at heart, and could care less about the confederacy. I am a fanatic about history, and feel that what we are doing is nothing short of Taliban level revision by a group of fanatics. Should I change my view that the monuments need to remain just because it aligns with the wishes of a bunch of Nazi's?

Maybe I should also not worry about the safety of my family, or being able to eat daily because Nazi's like to do those things too. I better quit hunting and fishing....those are hobbies that im sure Klansmen participate in.

Like I said....broad brush. Just because someone has some interests that align with bad people doesn't mean they get lumped into that group.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sometimes you find that you have goals that mirror horrible people's goals. What do you do....change course just because you don't want to be like them?

Im not a "southern boy" at heart, and could care less about the confederacy. I am a fanatic about history, and feel that what we are doing is nothing short of Taliban level revision by a group of fanatics. Should I change my view that the monuments need to remain just because it aligns with the wishes of a bunch of Nazi's?

Maybe I should also not worry about the safety of my family, or being able to eat daily because Nazi's like to do those things too. I better quit hunting and fishing....those are hobbies that im sure Klansmen participate in.

Like I said....broad brush. Just because someone has some interests that align with bad people doesn't mean they get lumped into that group.

It takes a mental leap to go from "Nazis and white nationalists are bad" to "they wear pants and other people wear pants so they must all be Nazis". It's not a leap I take.

This is the time to stand for something and put the cards on the table. That the nature of an existential dilemma. It begs for a choice to be made. All too often I see people hiding behind neutral viewpoints because 1) they don't have a POV, 2) they don't want to deal with the fallout of stating a POV, 3) they sympathize with white nationalists and can't bring themselves to say it, and/or 4) they are part of the 6 out of 10 Trump supporters who say there is nothing that he can do that will cause them to withdraw their support.

I'm from the south, too, from the mountains in NC. Growing up, I heard a lot of racist things said by family, friends and clergy. Still do. But what I never heard is anything about the confederacy, until the past few years. Maybe the confederacy is something that people in other Southern states were exposed to more than us hillbillies. It's not part of my heritage, and mercifully, wasn't part of my upbringing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

He implies it.

But does he intend it is the question.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It takes a mental leap to go from "Nazis and white nationalists are bad" to "they wear pants and other people wear pants so they must all be Nazis". It's not a leap I take.

Of course that takes a leap. And its not what I said at all.

What i said is just because I may have interests that overlap another group doesn't mean I have "aligned" myself (using your words) with that group. It is the broad brush you are wielding.

This is the time to stand for something and put the cards on the table. That the nature of an existential dilemma. It begs for a choice to be made. All too often I see people hiding behind neutral viewpoints because 1) they don't have a POV, 2) they don't want to deal with the fallout of stating a POV, 3) they sympathize with white nationalists and can't bring themselves to say it, and/or 4) they are part of the 6 out of 10 Trump supporters who say there is nothing that he can do that will cause them to withdraw their support.

You have created a list of reasons here, and seem to ignore any other number of reasons. Because you believe people should take a stand. And your list of reasons does nothing but funnel more and more paint into your broad brush. Especially #3, which I had to hold my nose to read as it implies that people without yoru viewpoint will be viewed as a Nazi sympathizer.

Ill add a 5th point of view that you overlooked: assholes should be free to say their asshole things without fear of legal or violent reprisal. And anyone participating in Charlottesville seems to be an asshole to me.

I'm from the south, too, from the mountains in NC. Growing up, I heard a lot of racist things said by family, friends and clergy. Still do. But what I never heard is anything about the confederacy, until the past few years. Maybe the confederacy is something that people in other Southern states were exposed to more than us hillbillies. It's not part of my heritage, and mercifully, wasn't part of my upbringing.

The confederacy is embraced by people who are antifederalist. While I am antifederalist, i could care less about the confederacy.

I mentioned this during the last POTUS election: America is divided on rural vs urban right now. The folks living in the country are sick of the folks living in the city telling them what to do and how to live. This has been twisted a bit by media to be a race war instead. But the roots of it have to do with the same thing that started the civil war: populous areas exert their will on less populated areas. And in the middle are The People, many of them too stupid to think through the propaganda our government (i.e., everyone except Trump, because he still hasn't brought Uncle Sam to heel, and likely never will) is allowed to fill our heads with in a post Smith Mundt world.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. Its well known that Snopes has a left leaning agenda. It's not a fact only site. It has its opinions that they fold into their answers.

Snopes is biased

Always find more than one source for any information on the internet, never rely on a signle source. Get to know who you can trust. Remember that blogs are someone's opinion and can be information out of context, not necessarily facts.

edit on 27-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join