It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody

a reply to: shooterbrody

LOL, now you're talking about "alternate histories" ... lol.

I love science fiction.

I post sources
you respond with gibberish

good day

You haven't posted a single source that contradicts what Windword said, to wit ... Nazis are bad, the US defeated Nazi Germany in World War II and have ALWAYS portrayed that action as a victory over evil, etc. etc.

You seem to be hung upon the trivial point that you think the attack on Pearl Harbor started the war with Germany. All you've done here is try to repeat that point. I've QUOTED the source for the Declaration of War on Germany, and you still don't get it.

Please do stop embarrassing yourself.

this is what your pal/buddy/guy/friend posted

Nazis are bad. Nazis are so bad that Americans got off their sofas and tractors and declared war, joined the Allies and went to war against NAZI GERMANY. We didn't go to war with some Germans, we went to war with NAZI controlled Germany.

that is not true
the usa had no interest in ww2 UNTIL AFTER PEARL HARBOR
history.state.gov...

In the 1930s, the United States Government enacted a series of laws designed to prevent the United States from being embroiled in a foreign war by clearly stating the terms of U.S. neutrality.

you can attempt to further your friend/pal/buddy/guys lie but actual sources show otherwise
no pearl harbor no americans "get off their sofas and tractors"

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure it's merely "inflammation" ... which I suppose is a more cultured way of calling it "butthurt."

We disagree about the significance of Nazi flags being marched down city streets beside the Stars and Bars on the way to a political rally declaring unification of Nazi/White Supremacist/etc. groups.

The "retards" that like to assault people are everywhere ... not on "a side."

Public speech is indeed one thing. We recognize limitations on that speech as incitement, libel, slander, etc.

Private speech is another thing. We recognize limitations on that speech as assault, fighting words, etc.

I just can't blame the police for crimes committed, Texan. Our mileages on that point vary.

Thanks for the convo, as always.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Gosh, and you wished me good day and everything.

Can you quote where Windword denied that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?

Here are the relevant questions from her words that you're so triggered by ...

Are Nazis bad? Yes, true.

Did Americans go to war with the Nazis in 1941? Yes, true.

Was that after we declared war on the Nazis? Yes, true.

Was that after they declared War on US? Yes, true.

Did we join the Allied Powers? Yes, true.

Was Germany controlled at the time by the Nazi regime? Yes, true.

Every fragment of what you quoted from Windword is true and factual.

You are obsessing over your own misunderstanding.

Dude, keep digging the hole if you wish.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

no sources
that seems like a constant for your ilk

your opinion is irrelevant

good day

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

no sources
that seems like a constant for your ilk

your opinion is irrelevant

good day

Oh, it's another "good day" is it?

All that is common knowledge (for anyone who knows history).

Your posts look more and more obstinately foolish.

Good day to you as well; let's see if you're serious this time. LOL.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I repeat. There are not "many sides" when it comes to NAZIs. There is the NAZI side and there is the other (not NAZI) side.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure it's merely "inflammation" ... which I suppose is a more cultured way of calling it "butthurt."

We disagree about the significance of Nazi flags being marched down city streets beside the Stars and Bars on the way to a political rally declaring unification of Nazi/White Supremacist/etc. groups.

The "retards" that like to assault people are everywhere ... not on "a side."

Public speech is indeed one thing. We recognize limitations on that speech as incitement, libel, slander, etc.

If a new limit on speech is to be had, it needs to come from waaaaaay up above the ladder from Antifa.

Private speech is another thing. We recognize limitations on that speech as assault, fighting words, etc.

I just can't blame the police for crimes committed, Texan. Our mileages on that point vary.

Thanks for the convo, as always.

If the government wants to force people to permit public gatherings, then the government is taking responsibility for proximity and security. The government became liable when they inserted themselves into licensing our freedoms back to us.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

so once again where do we stop?

We stop with sympathizing with NAZIs.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Left and right should be fighting these bastards.
I don't know what has happened here I guess this brand if terrorism is fine for some.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Incitement and assault are not "new" limitations on speech.

Tenth amendment ... the power to determine how public land will be used is the purview of the local government.

The city of Charlottesville has an implicit responsibility to protect the public ... but they're not responsible for individual actions of intentional incitement and assault.

The City is not the "nanny" of any of the attendees.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I repeat. There are not "many sides" when it comes to NAZIs. There is the NAZI side and there is the other (not NAZI) side.

something about opinions and aholes and smell

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Source?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: icanteven

I don't care what you choose to believe concerning the president's statements--I've been dealing with too many infantile people lately (some in my own extended family) who can't understand that their ideology shouldn't dictate their belief in other people's statements. To many people, Trump is the anti-Christ devil beast who can never do anything correct. I'm uncertain if you fall in that category, but it would seem that you do.

I'm going to spell it out for you one more time: He didn't say that Nazis are good people, he said that not everyone there held those racist beliefs, and with that in mind, some of the people (those not there intent on racism and violence on both sides) were good people. I don't understand why that is incomprehensible and seen to be an impossibility by many people, but just because you can't wrap your brain around it doesn't mean that it isn't so.

You want to talk about "shuck and jive," take a look back at your initial comment in this thread, which is a complete misinterpretation and misrepresentation of what the president said. But, yes, it is me who is the one twisting words.

I get it. Nazis are going to Nazi. I don't need to hear the man who lives in the people's house imply some of the Nazis and white supremacists were good people.

This isn't some abstract thing. Nazi and white supremacist views being entertained as a side represents an existential threat to the republic. There is nothing that these people stand for that is good, that is wholesome, that is "another side". They are evil.
edit on 16-8-2017 by icanteven because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Source?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

I suppose the same logic could be applied to Marxism, Anarchism and Ultra Egalitarianism, right? It must take a lot of kool-aid to see the world in such black and white tones. Not everyone who was at that protest was a Nazi, and not everyone who was in the counter-protest is ANTIFA.

These are nothing but two extremely vocal minorities that the media is spending all their time and energy focusing on. Divide and Conquer.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Source?

So it's not good day after then.

I'm your source for common sense, real world knowledge?

Awesome.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You sure are fascinated with a certain part of the anatomy!

Oh well, you can't change who you are! Embrace your true self, Shooter!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Incitement and assault are not "new" limitations on speech.

Tenth amendment ... the power to determine how public land will be used is the purview of the local government.

The city of Charlottesville has an implicit responsibility to protect the public ... but they're not responsible for individual actions of intentional incitement and assault.

The City is not the "nanny" of any of the attendees.

So the city wanted the public land to be used for a riot? Why else permit these demonstrations in such close proximity? And if you are doing so, why would you not ensure police presence to maintain the peace?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

your ilks lunacy now includes george washingoton just as trump predicted yesterday

march on lemmings

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I suppose the same logic could be applied to Marxism, Anarchism and Ultra Egalitarianism, right?

I don't remember the US declaring war on any of those. So, nope.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join