It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Nazi-Wannabe-Let's-Kill-6-Million-More-Joos gets a thumbs up from the prez by way of tossing a false equivalancy crumb in their direction.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that this kind of sh** would rise to the surface once again.

I want off this planet.

It is sad indeed the left wants to retrace those steps and create real nazis..something they claim the other side is.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here is a video where he makes a lot of sense. I agree two sides came together expecting a clash. Unfortunately the most violent in groups tend to get the press.

My concern is the more I learned about the protest the more I suspect this was set up to happen. You had a group that went to court to protest even the American Civil Liberties Union
Said this group has a right to protest and was on the law suit. They win judge says they have the right then a mayor decides 30 min before it starts a state of emergency nullifying the judges order. Send the cops in to remove them and then provides no protection to them as they are forced to leave. Does this bother anyone?? I don't care if your a white supremist a nazi or a communist you have a right to be protest your govt. Why is it that because these people are racist or nazi's they lose the rights all amaricans have. I warn you if you want to lose your rights the quickest way is you start making exceptions for certain groups.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, I'm saying destroying history and monuments isn't something that should be supported.

History is not being destroyed by local towns deciding to change what statues are displayed on public grounds.

That's their right to do so; local determination so forth.

(PS we were talking about racism past and present; nice segue.)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lol so did everyone get to repeat themselves enough times.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

That's an odd goal, in and of itself, don't you think? A massive failure too, by all of the media accounts I read, there were literally hundreds of them! LOL

It's not an odd goal for groups that have seen themselves as outsiders with a need to stay (mostly) hidden.

David Duke may have voiced the concept I'm pointing to the "best":

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country,” said Duke in video uploaded to Twitter by Indianapolis Star photojournalist Mykal McEldowney. “We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

Source

The people at this rally may number in the hundreds, but the numbers of radicalized White Supremacists, etc. are far greater, and many of those groups are well-armed and are just "waiting for the right time."

And, I'm sure there are some "on the other side" in waiting as well.

Letting them crawl out from under the rocks and stand on the public green and proclaim these messages of hate and incitement ... I'm not so sure that's Freedom of Speech. There's a line in there that isn't.

In my opinion, of course.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Oh goodness, David duke has zero credibility. He endorsed the DNC chairman too, who couldn't be more opposed to trump. Why would he do that if he's all for Trump?
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Oh goodness, David duke has zero credibility. He endorsed the DNC chairman too, who couldn't be more opposed to trump. Why would he do that if he's all for Trump?
www.washingtontimes.com...

He may have zero credibility for you, but not for the attendees at the UTR rally, at which he was a headline speaker.

As to "endorsing" Ellison, from your article:

The former leader of the Ku Klux Klan likely complicated Mr. Ellison’s professional goals Monday by backing his efforts while alluding to claims by critics that he is anti-Semitic.

“Keith Ellison, Sally Boynton Brown or Jehmu Greene would all be excellent choices — I really like Keith though… I mean, at least he knows,” Mr. Duketweeted.

The “at least he knows” remark appears to be a reference to Mr. Ellison’s past with the Nation of Islam and comments about Louis Farrakhan. Charges of bigotry, which the congressman denies, have dogged him since he started running for the coveted DNC job.

Why would David Duke want the new DNC Chairman to be an anti-Semite and associated with the Nation of Islam?

Hmmm, I wonder.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What we're discussing can be taken a number of different directions.Take this for example Link.

Was that a city deciding to change what statues they leave up or replace? No.

I know you think I'm drifting OT here, but I'm not. We shouldn't remove historical figures from the public square simply because they also held some views we disagree with. After the civil war, veterans from both sides got together, created associations and held reunions. They buried the hatchet and came together to heal the nation. They forgave one another.

Many of these monuments were erected by them. So that we can remember the sacrifice and loss as well as the reunification and healing afterwards. Those statues honor redemption and forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yeah, that makes no sense. So he's all for pro israel, "muslim ban" trump, but now he wants an anti-semite, nation of islam DNC chair? Zero credibility.

Side note This is comedic gold
edit on 16-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No, I'm saying destroying history and monuments isn't something that should be supported.

History is not being destroyed by local towns deciding to change what statues are displayed on public grounds.

That's their right to do so; local determination so forth.

(PS we were talking about racism past and present; nice segue.)

Do you know why his statue was there? Did you know he fought in the US army for 32 years. He is one of the reasons the US won against Santa anna. He was cosidered an important general even having barracks at West point named after him. He also rejected the call to continue to fight and becomes an important person in Virginia's history. He even becomes president of Washington College. Side note many probably don't know but Arlington cemetery was his land taken during the war to create the cemetery. He is apart if US history and Virginia's history as well.

The statue was there to show his contribution to both. Removing it doesn't help blacks find jobs or in any way improves anything. This is not a magic bullet to end racism and in the end is plainly just a political decision. Do they have the right to remove it of course they do. Do others have the right to opose it of course they do. DId you know there has been a call to remove the Jefferson memorial because he owned slaves? Where does it end?

But what I will say is if you try to hide history you will be condemned to repeat it. Ignoring history will always lead to poor decisions.
edit on 8/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

We went to war with all of (Nazi) Gernmany.

I'm not sure your point? Are you saying everyone in that protest were Nazis?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: windword

We went to war with all of (Nazi) Gernmany.

I'm not sure your point? Are you saying everyone in that protest were Nazis?

God I hope not seems he thinks all Germans are Nazis. This country is pushing identity politics. And this is the poison you get this country is turning into ISIS they destroy statues and monuments they deem inappropriate

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Donald Trump is the guy who fondly mused about taking protesters out of his campaign rallies on a stretcher.

I don't think people should be putting too much stock in what he has to say on this sort of situation. When he was elected there was a wave of mentally disturbed Trump supporters who lost control of themselves in an aggressive manner on airplanes, in shopping malls, in coffee shops and on the street over issues that had nothing to do with the election and while asserting themselves, underlined the fact that the election of Donald Trump empowered them to do what they were doing.

These were not "alt right" demonstrators. They were mentally unstable people, susceptible to the kind of crude rabble rousing that the president did during his election campaign. To me that indicates that the person most responsible for the conditions that led to the tragedy in Charlottesville is the president.

People need to start tuning him out, before Civil War 2 breaks out.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Charlottesville demonstrations had alt-left alt-right and anarchists.

You don't see the anarchists because they set back and agitate.

In a peaceful demonstration they will set back and hide behind the peaceful demonstrator and throw rocks bottles over the peaceful demonstrator to start trouble.

And it takes very few anarchists (5 to 10) to turn a peaceful demonstration into a full on riot.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

When he was elected there was a wave of mentally disturbed Trump supporters who lost control of themselves in an aggressive manner on airplanes, in shopping malls, in coffee shops and on the street over issues that had nothing to do with the election and while asserting themselves, underlined the fact that the election of Donald Trump empowered them to do what they were doing.

You mean these?
www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Holy #. That's more than a little scary.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Then you bring in ANTIFA as the brownshirts (or blackshirts, in this case) and you've got a full blown leftist nazi repeat.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Yeah, that makes no sense. So he's all for pro israel, "muslim ban" trump, but now he wants an anti-semite, nation of islam DNC chair? Zero credibility.

Side note This is comedic gold

It makes no sense to you. Duke is not "for" anyone, except another way to discredit Democrats.

As to the Trump quote, gwarsh, didn't he claim to not know who Duke was, during the campaign? Yeah, another Trump lie.

Really, pretending this one is relevant is beneath you.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Ahhh, so it's a conspiracy! You should make a thread!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Please. Lee was a slave owner who believed that slavery was "discipline" from God to help the backward Black race become civilized.

I'd bet that the statue was erected, as most were, as part of an effort to oppose any attempts at ending segregation much like the adoption of the Battle Flag to the State flags in the 50s.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join