It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Wait just a minute. I unequivocally denounce the violence and means used by ANTIFA and BLM (and have done so for ages). Then I compare the KKK and Nazi's to these groups and now I'm defending violence? In what world does that make sense. Then add on top of it that I fully condemn the violence of the KKK and Nazi's and where are you getting the idea I'm defending them?

If ANTIFA and BLM want to peaceably assemble and voice their crazy ideas, have at it. If the KKK and the Nazi's want to peaceably assemble and voice their crazy ideas, have at it. Speech must be protected, especially unpopular speech. Violence must not be tolerated from anyone.

ETA: Holy #### you caused me an epiphany. The reason the left thinks comparing the two equates to defending nazi violence is because the left has been defending ANTIFA and BLM violence for quite a while now. So to compare the two means that the violence is justifiable in their minds since they've been justifying violence.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump says that within the Nazi and KKK march were decent people

Would he say that within an ISIS mob are decent people

Within a KKK lynch mob there were decent people

The man's reasoning capacity is way off

We have a president with the intellectual capacity of Archie Bunker

Could it be that not all in the gathering on the right were nazis? It has to be every single one of them were nazis or KKK?

Yes...because everyone knew before hand what Unite The Right stood for, the groups organizing it, and their message was very clear.

So I am fine saying that everyone at that rally were racists pieces of garbage.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I didn't say you are defending violence...I said you are defending Nazi's.

Reading comprehension goes a long way.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Trump says that within the Nazi and KKK march were decent people

Would he say that within an ISIS mob are decent people

Within a KKK lynch mob there were decent people

The man's reasoning capacity is way off

We have a president with the intellectual capacity of Archie Bunker

Could it be that not all in the gathering on the right were nazis? It has to be every single one of them were nazis or KKK?

They were marching in protest of taking down the statue, right?

So chances are there were plenty of non nazi KKKs there.

Now on the other hand, the anti protesters just wanted blood and anyone who showed up on that side, were violent.

Look what happened to that other poor statue when them animals were left alone with it!

Where are the cops in this country!!??

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Dfairlite

And you just called me a nazi, even though I'm absolutely opposed to every facet of nazism. So you're going to violently oppose me?

Do you see where you're going wrong here. Violence against group x, even if they're peaceful, is not a good response. In fact, it makes you into what you claim to hate.

I despise antifa and BLM (and nazi's and the kkk), but I do not call for violence against them. Calls for violence only play into the hands of TPTB. FREEDOM OF SPEECH SHOULD BE PROTECTED EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE SPEECH.

Did I call you a Nazi??? I'd like to see the post where I did so.

What I am against is you and others on here claiming that BLM and ANTIFA are exactly the same as Neo-Nazi's and the KKK.

To me..that is just a round about way of defending Neo-Nazi's and the KKK.

Well looks like they are. Did you even do any research at all? Antifa didn't just magically appeared in 2017. Please educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Are all the groups still there? Was it shut down? By whom?

Constitutional right has everything to do with this. If this was as simple as only neo nazis and the KKK marching, you wouldn't be able to hurl your ignorant insults around with such ease.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I am defending the nazi's (and everyone else) right to free speech, which is really just defending the constitution.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You first must find a historical name to apply. Then remove it from its proper context the relate it to a group you dislike.

There is a process and you must abide!!

Ahhhhhh, I see.

Thank you for that info.

I'm off to find that group that just has to be eliminated to within an inch of their life!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

replace the word violent with group. The point is the same. I've been denouncing these groups, then suddenly when I compare the KKK and Nazi's to groups I've been denouncing, I'm defending them?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You first must find a historical name to apply. Then remove it from its proper context the relate it to a group you dislike.

There is a process and you must abide!!

Ahhhhhh, I see.

Thank you for that info.

I'm off to find that group that just has to be eliminated to within an inch of their life!

May i suggest Islamophobes and Transgendercontinentalphobes. Bigots like them deserve a slow and painful death. Man being evil is awesome.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Trumps point has no logical or moral merit.

In the abstract we can say the allies were equally responsible for the atrocities in WWII
SO WHAT

Of course they were but they were defending moral principles and aggression. INTENTION MATTERS

Do you people know that the allies during WWII in one bombing raid killed 45,000 German citizens in one night!

Fighting evil is never pretty

Those BRAVE Americans standing up against the Nazis and KKK are heroes

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You missed the part where we aren't in a war.

The nazis and kkk pose no threat worthy of physical violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Trumps point has no logical or moral merit.

In the abstract we can say the allies were equally responsible for the atrocities in WWII
SO WHAT

Of course they were but they were defending moral principles and aggression. INTENTION MATTERS

Do you people know that the allies during WWII in one bombing raid killed 45,000 German citizens in one night!

Fighting evil is never pretty

Those BRAVE Americans standing up against the Nazis and KKK are heroes

Did you seriously just use german victims of a horrible war to justify Antifas violence? Are you mental?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Comparing counter-protesters to WWII allies? That's a large fail.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

.... It's a mental disorder.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

.... It's a mental disorder.

Some people need to do some serious self reflection asap. Today i got compared to Typhoid Mary and now this bull#. People are clearly losing it around here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Its an analogy--maybe way over your head

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now I will easily refute Trump’s distorted and very superficial rational of bringing down American historical figures statues because they owned slaves in their period in history

Slavery is an institution that at various times in its sordid history it was possible to eradicate. And other times it was virtually impossible to eradicate slavery. It all depends on the present paradigms of thinking of the general society in question

Indeed, when Washington and Jefferson were leaders in the 17 hundreds it was impossible to eradicate slavery.

In the 1860’s, Lincoln’s time, the civilization was so saturated with anti-slavery ideas and a moral weariness of the institution that it was a ripe era for the eradication of slavery.

Just like in our era it was ripe for the acceptance of gay and LGBT lifestyles, whereas decades ago—even a few years age--such a thing couldn’t be done since the civilization was not ripe for such change.

Therefore to equate Jefferson and Washington, slave owners in the 1760’s with the slave owner mentality in the 1860’s is unjustified

It’s like criticizing Americans in 1950 for not accepting gay rights we accept today

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Its an analogy--maybe way over your head

Yeah the dumbest analogy i had to read today. Congrats. Here is your price.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

In the 1860’s, Lincoln’s time, the civilization was so saturated with anti-slavery ideas and a moral weariness of the institution that it was a ripe era for the eradication of slavery.

So why couldn't they do it without a civil war? If your argument is to hold any water, the civil war shouldn't have been necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join