It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says the 'alt-left' bears some responsibility for violence in Charlottesville

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump tore into everyone at today's presser. Neo-nazis, ANTIFA, and especially the media. It's refreshing to see the POTUS call these situations out for what it is.
Absolutely and I loved every bit of it.

This whole thing further illustrates the delusional left and their comprehension of "rights" and what is "allowed" in our country, being emotionally compromised in this situation won't get you nowhere but looking like an idiot.

Are you going to condemn the Alt-Right as well?
No, they were there to protest something. It all started when the Antifa and BLM dummies showed up. I can care less for what the alt right represents, they can protest as much as anyone else.
I may not like it, but that doesn't mean I get all emotional and bent out if shape, "oh noes the nazis...", lol, I just put on some earbuds and listen to Slipknot, who cares.

So who murdered that woman?

One guy going berserk doesn't equal the tendencies of the entire opposition.

I'm not a Nazi, but I do object to the selective revision of historical fact.

The point is laying the blame. Trump blamed the violence on Alt-Left.

He condemned violence from all sides.

He has done so on three separate occasions.

Todays discussion was in response to constant demands to just demonize the alt right, which is again what that reporter was doing.

Why further demonize the left? That's my beef. It's as if Trump is trying to shift attention from the Alt-Right.

Further demonize the left?

He comes out wityh his first response and says he condemns all violence.

Thats not good enough for the media and many on the left.

They go on and on and on about how only the right is to blame, and by condemning all violence Trump is supporting nazis.

So he comes out and condemns nazis on the second conference.

Thats not good enough. It took too long. He at first blamed all sides, so its still not good enough

So day 3. Reporters are barraging him about the alt right again.

And finally he says what might not be politically correct, but is the truth.

The left, or alt left (as he is just mocking the reporter use of the label alt right) engaged in violence too.

If this list of his statements and their response isn't enough to show that the mediaa and many on the lefts narrative is that the left did no violence, and unless trump caved in to that narrative they would attack him, then nothing is.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: seeker1963
If you are denying Antifa and BLM weren't violent

Antifa is a domestic terrorist group ironically pushing both anarchy and communism (they really are a lost bunch)
BLM on the other hand is a movement that has some merit, some message, and some bad apples in the mix capitalizing on what they see as a chance to promote their own warlord dreams or something / racism. Its nuanced

You don't equate a entire movement to some of the loudmouths within the movement

although BLM has no real point and they let some of the most toxic jackasses have the mic..but thats a different subject. They are pointless and arguably lead by racists, but they aren't on the same page as antifa

Now, Nazis...yeah, they are all bad apples..every last one of them. Actual expressed nazis though, not just "alt-right" or even people who are going on about the concern of "white genocide" which I at least understand their debate.
The hyprocrisy in this post is AMAZING. Yes, because all of the alt right is bad? lmfao get real yo.

Not great on reading comprehension I take it.
lol, so nothing? Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You mean like Obama did with the black power group?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Just joking.

That was almost funny too. Maybe there is hope for you after all.

Eh I try.

I know I might come off as snarky sometimes, but honestly with the exception of a very small number of people i enjoy everyones comments and am open to changing my opinions.

I think both of us could do better in the humor category though.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here..

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Too bad. Deal with it.

I will. I will march against nazi's and I will protect my friends and neighbors from them and their violence. I will let them and the world know that they are not welcome in my town or any town in America.

NAZI's deserve no safe space or safe harbor so long as they're intent on terrorizing and intimidating the populace. AntiFa, if anything, should be thanked for their actions in protecting the clergy that day. Their response to these disgusting groups is appropriate and I applaud them for fighting nazi's and fascists like we did our grandparents and great-grandparents.

F- nazi's.

And there you have it.

Thanks antifa for your violence.

I guess they brought weapons because they intended to be so peaceful.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's the perception I guess. We see the alt-right and KKK supporting Trump. And when Trump didn't condemn the alt-right for the murder of a young lady it seems to confirm that perception that Trump might be trying to deflect.
No different from the right's perception of Obama when he refused to say the words "Islamic terrorism".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

It's the perception I guess. We see the alt-right and KKK supporting Trump. And when Trump didn't condemn the alt-right for the murder of a young lady it seems to confirm that perception that Trump might be trying to deflect.
No different from the right's perception of Obama when he refused to say the words "Islamic terrorism".

But trump did condemn the nazis.

Obama wouldn't do so with terrorists.

But i understand the similarities. Funny then that all of the people that defended Obama saying language didn't matter are now on the opposite side of that issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
One thing I will not tolerate is oppression from either side. That is something I will fight and die for. I dont give a damn what side anyone is on. The country was founded on those principles and by the wrath of God, they will be upheld. Tyranny will not be tolerated as long as I am alive and as long as someone is willing to defend it when all else fails.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Who are the ANTIFA folks "racist" against?

They're a violent political group and that's enough to condemn them ... but do they have a racist message?

Like, you know, the organizers, planners and participants at the "Unite the Right" rally?

Antifa is not a political movement. They are anti-capitalism and anti-fascists at their core. I'm not even sure if the U.S. based Antifa are the real deal. Something seems off about them.

Partially correct. I won't quibble.

However, is there a racist component?

There are several posters here attempting to depict both "sides" as racist ... and while I'm not going to fight the BLM definition again ... ANTIFA is not racist ... at least to my knowledge.

I wouldn't say they are racist. They don't hate based on race, they hate based on ideas.

Whihc sounds more reasonable, but is actually just as bad because they hate any idea that doesn't agree with them, and feel that hating ideas justify violence.

I don't understand how people don't get it. Anti fa tried to stop people from protesting by force. They do not get to decide who should be allowed to talk. Everyone has the right to free speech. But as I notice they go to something and fights always start bottom line their anarchists. As for Virginia white racists have a right to speak and protest.

Because anti fa showed up they were told 5hey can't protest. Stupid move by the mayor so then to make matters worse these protestor have to go through Anti Fa to leave. This was set up to be a fight because the mayor and police were stupid. You may hate Nazis or racists but guess what in this country they have the same rights you do. Want to do something useful out them for who they are make it so they don't want to attend rally's for fear their friends finds out. But don't go their intending to beat up Nazis like anti Fa keeps claimimg.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You are confusing Trump with the Pope.

Trump always states Nazis bad. The Left worships at the feet of Nazi Soros, quite a stark contrast when reality makes an appearance.

Nazi Soro's so bad that Trump likes to deal with him from time to time...thing is, with all these guys shiite equates to shinola, they don't mind getting their hands all brown, as long as they turn green eventually...whatever the fallout.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump cannot even distinguish between left-wingers and Nazis.

Trump isn't the only one.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Birds of a feather.......

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump isn't the only one.

clever. do your other greatest hits included 'well actually democrats started the KKK'?

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

There were 2 sides in WWII too, the Fascists Nazi's side and the other side. Both brought big guns to the fight. But, I guess Trump would have had a hard time picking sides then too. Good people on both sides, right?

You do realize that not everybody that fought on the side of the germans was a nazi right?

Please tell me you understand that there were very good people on the german side, other wise I will weep for the decline of education in the states.

link   

Trump tore into everyone at today's presser. Neo-nazis, ANTIFA, and especially the media. It's refreshing to see the POTUS call these situations out for what it is.

This whole thing further illustrates the delusional left and their comprehension of "rights" and what is "allowed" in our country, being emotionally compromised in this situation won't get you nowhere but looking like an idiot.

No, they were there to protest something. It all started when the Antifa and BLM dummies showed up. I can care less for what the alt right represents, they can protest as much as anyone else.
I may not like it, but that doesn't mean I get all emotional and bent out if shape, "oh noes the nazis...", lol, I just put on some earbuds and listen to Slipknot, who cares.

Umm, no.....he blamed BOTH sides. Keep clicking your scarlet shoes together as many times as you want, it won't make lies the truth.

So why say Alt-Left? How hard can it be to say that Alt-Left and Alt-Right are both responsible for the violence?

What difference does Alt left Alt right make when he condemned both sides? You'rw just doing what you always do acting obtuse just to irritate people. So have fun playing your game.

The video of Trumps presser is all over, if you really cared you would go watch it.

Let me put this in proper perspective: What if Trump has said "Alt-Right bears some responsibility for the violence" instead. What would you say then?

Alien,

He did blame both sides today. I just watched it on the news.

Sighs. Are you done being Captain Obvious? I know he blamed both sides. The point is why mention "Alt-Left" at all?

You're being petty. You need to admit that.

I'll admit if you admit it too.

You keep saying he didn't blame both sides. I pointed out that he did.

Understood.

Captain Obvious

I never said he didn't blame both sides. You keep missing my point. Why mention Alt-Left?

Are you daft?
The Alt-Left are the perpetrators of 75% of the political violence we have had in this country in the last 9 months.
The asshole Nazis account for 25% it just on Saturday alone.
Does someone really need to make you aware of that fact?
Were you living off the grid before Saturday when the scumbag, pig Nazis reared their ugly heads?
I don't think I should have to make you aware of the Alt-Left/Leftist insane derangement since Trump won.
If you do not know that to be a 100% plain fact, you need to go back off the grid.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Too bad. Deal with it.

I will. I will march against nazi's and I will protect my friends and neighbors from them and their violence. I will let them and the world know that they are not welcome in my town or any town in America.

NAZI's deserve no safe space or safe harbor so long as they're intent on terrorizing and intimidating the populace. AntiFa, if anything, should be thanked for their actions in protecting the clergy that day. Their response to these disgusting groups is appropriate and I applaud them for fighting nazi's and fascists like we did our grandparents and great-grandparents.

F- nazi's.

And there you have it.

Thanks antifa for your violence.

I guess they brought weapons because they intended to be so peaceful.

It's amazing that some just can't admit that both sides have violent elements, isn't it? I freely admit that I'm more on the conservative side but, the extremist on that end of the spectrum are violent, no doubt about it.

The extremists on both ends of the spectrum came armed and ready to fight, using the excuse that they needed to defend themselves. The reality is if one side had come unarmed and been attacked, it would have been much easier to point a finger at who started it.

I'm not sure how you can determine who threw the first punch unless there is video of the entire event from the beginning covering the entire crowd somehow. It really wouldn't surprise me no matter which side started it. They both came, itching for a fight and someone obliged.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There were not "many sides". We fought Nazi Germany. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Umm, no.....he blamed BOTH sides. Keep clicking your scarlet shoes together as many times as you want, it won't make lies the truth.

So why say Alt-Left? How hard can it be to say that Alt-Left and Alt-Right are both responsible for the violence?

What difference does Alt left Alt right make when he condemned both sides? You'rw just doing what you always do acting obtuse just to irritate people. So have fun playing your game.

The video of Trumps presser is all over, if you really cared you would go watch it.

Let me put this in proper perspective: What if Trump has said "Alt-Right bears some responsibility for the violence" instead. What would you say then?

Alien,

He did blame both sides today. I just watched it on the news.

Sighs. Are you done being Captain Obvious? I know he blamed both sides. The point is why mention "Alt-Left" at all?

You're being petty. You need to admit that.

I'll admit if you admit it too.

You keep saying he didn't blame both sides. I pointed out that he did.

Understood.

Captain Obvious

I never said he didn't blame both sides. You keep missing my point. Why mention Alt-Left?

Are you daft?
The Alt-Left are the perpetrators of 75% of the political violence we have had in this country in the last 9 months.
The asshole Nazis account for 25% it just on Saturday alone.
Does someone really need to make you aware of that fact?
Were you living off the grid before Saturday when the scumbag, pig Nazis reared their ugly heads?
I don't think I should have to make you aware of the Alt-Left/Leftist insane derangement since Trump won.
If you do not know that to be a 100% plain fact, you need to go back off the grid.

lol! Now this, THIS, is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day! You just make up #! you really do.
haha haha ha haha!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Irishhaf

There were not "many sides". We fought Nazi Germany. PERIOD.

Hey genius. You forgot Imperial Japan and Mussolini. IE: Many sides.
edit on 15-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join