It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your false comparisons with Confederate Statues.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But, but, but, this statue in Seattle is cool?

Vladimir Lenin

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Vladimir Lenin

Why is that in the US?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't know, I just really don't know.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Oh, well, you know ... communism isn't bad. People just don't understand it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
OP... you're taking some of the arguments about this... and getting a bit too granular with your argument.

The "ISIS comparison" is about the impact of what ISIS is doing. They are trying to erase a historical past.

Remember when ANTIFA broke windows, set buildings on fire, and gave people beat downs in Berkley... as "anti-fascist" "activists"?

For them... anyone who supported Trump was a nazi... and this wasn't really open for discussion. Now... I gotta tell ya... the hundreds of thousands of folks who voted for a black guy the last 2 elections would take issue with ANTIFA's identification broad brush.

Here's my point... ANYONE who so casually throws around the term "Nazi" is, to us that are old enough to have known many holocaust survivors and whose parents fought in WW2, either an idiot... or not bright enough to understand that their youth has removed them from the gravity of knowledge of history.

In europe... they did NOT ERASE the remnants of the Third Reich... they made them educational tourism destinations.

America has a history of slavery... and the Civil War in particular, is focused on slavery as the reason for the Civil War. It's just not true. Prior to the South's secession... Lincoln didn't give a rat's a** about slavery. THAT HAPPENED. Erasing the evidence of the American Civil War will only remove an opportunity for curiosity and learning from kids and future generations... and add just one more reinforcement to possibly repeating the mistakes of the past.

NO ONE ALIVE TODAY, save those who have engaged in deep study of the events and then battles of the Civil War, comprehends how horrendous the carnage and destruction of that conflict were. In fact... I'm not sure any wars of the 20th century compare, with possibly the exception of the carnage on the beach in Normandy.

THAT is what so many folks of Southern Heritage get so bent out of shape over... is the dishonest history of the south they have been saddled with. (History IS written by the victorious)

Slavery... in ANY form... on it's face is indefensible.

I think the folks here on ATS arguing about "white rights" and the "minoritization" of whites in American society may be struggling with number of issues. One of them may be racism.

But words can only fall short in describing the frustration a crap ton of Americans are feeling right now over completely bulls**t false narratives that are being injected into the public space in a manner like the dynamiting of the hoover damn.

The left and the media are putting everything they can find under a microscope and splashing it on TV... ironically, in this case, giving the Nazi bigots the ONE THING they crave most... attention.

I swear, the powers that be across the political spectrum would be fine with a 2nd Civil War... in fact... I think it's what they are trying to get.

So far as violence goes... it takes 2 to tango. Tangling with racist nazis is an exercise in personal aggrandizement only. Ignoring the a**holes would have made this a NON event. There are some powerful people that don't care about the issues, really... they care about positioning and expediency... well, that and keeping the lefts attention off the DNC/Clinton theft of elections.
edit on 15-8-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie chipmonks

edit on 15-8-2017 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

A more apt comparison isn't ISIS...
But the Iraqis that tore down and battered Saddam's statue.

I realize historical accuracy isn't in vogue these days, but it wasn't the Iraqis that tore down Saddam's statue.

So it was that, on the spur of the moment, McCoy's men – using the crane of an M-88 Hercules tank-tower – provided the media with the central image of the invasion. As Maass reconstructs the toppling of the statue, the endless TV replays concealed how inorganic the cheering crowds were. At most there were "several hundred" people in the square, with "a quarter to a half" of them being reporters or Marines.

And even the subset of Iraqis cheering, broadcast worldwide as a symbol of popular enthusiasm for U.S. liberators, weren't all celebrating the invasion. "Some Iraqis were cheering, I later learned, not for America but for a slain cleric, Mohammed Sadiq al-Sadr, whose son Moqtada would soon lead a Shia revolt against American occupation," Maass writes.

Toppled: How the Press Spun the 'Saddam Statue' Moment

Those who get their history from CNN are doomed to get it wrong. - me

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Vladimir Lenin

On the assumption you got that from occupy dimwits , did you see there 2 other post about the Teddy Roosevelt statue people are arguing to remove, or graffiti on the Joan of Arc statue about removing it?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Arguing to remove it?

You mean like debate and discussion?

HOLY CHEESEBURGERS, Batman!

So they're not just going down to the statue and pulling it down?????

edit on 15-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: SpElLiNg

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

My vote is the group supporting the flags and monuments of the most prolific traitors in American history while claiming to be patriots are obviously the brainwashed ones..

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

My vote is the group supporting the flags and monuments of the most prolific traitors in American history while claiming to be patriots are obviously the brainwashed ones..

And you'll be right next to Hzardous loading thought criminals on the train ...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You mean like the historical accuracy of ..

"The civil war wasn't fought over slavery??"

What about pretending we are not talking about the monuments to a bunch of traitors who killed 10s of THOUSANDS of US service members????

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You would be no different than the 1930s Nazi German SS

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You mean like the historical accuracy of ..

"The civil war wasn't fought over slavery??"

What about pretending we are not talking about the monuments to a bunch of traitors who killed 10s of THOUSANDS of US service members????

It wasnt fought over slavery. Those traitors as you call it are honorable soldiers that had families that felt they were doing their duty to what they believed in. You really know nothing about history.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm going to just leave this here.

www.pbs.org...

Lexington, VA., August 5, 1869. Dear Sir--Absence from Lexington has prevented my receiving until to-day your letter of the 26th ult., inclosing an invitation from the Gettysburg Battle-field Memorial Association, to attend a meeting of the officers engaged in that battle at Gettysburg, for the purpose of marking upon the ground by enduring memorials of granite the positions and movements of the armies on the field. My engagements will not permit me to be present. I believe if there, I could not add anything material to the information existing on the subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered. Very respectfully, Your obedient servant, R. E. Lee.

www2.vcdh.virginia.edu.../xml_docs/valley_news/newspaper_catalog.xml&style=/xml_docs/valley_news/news_cat.xsl&l evel=edition&paper=rv&year=1869&month=09&day=03&edition=rv1869/va.au.rv.1869.09.03.xml" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">source

edit on 15-8-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Boy that's a leap...

I mean your jumping straight from A to CC4279.. lol Way the hell past Z..

Do they have any laws against thoughts yet???

What about trains transporting thought prisoners???

Anyone in jail for thinking??

Has their ever been anyone in jail for thinking something in modern American history???

Ever???

I wouldn't hold my breath unless you don't like living...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Boy that's a leap...

Has their ever been anyone in jail for thinking something in modern American history???

Ever???

You would be right there advocating and supporting it just like the Nazi you dream of becoming one day.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLead

Arguing to remove it?

You mean like debate and discussion?

HOLY CHEESEBURGERS, Batman!

So they're not just going down to the statue and pulling it down?????

I think they were actually demanding, but supposedly 25 officers were guarding Teddy. Apparently their mantra is "Decolonize This Place" anti# Columbus Day, hardly doubt it's gonna stop at the confederate statues as the lefties on here suggest. Who woulda thought?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

He was a character...

A weird mix of honor and pragmatism, but absolutely a creature of his time rather than the anti slavery , lost cause fiction.. ...

There are about 10 civil war figures who's history rocks..

The confederate ones were traitors... but still makes for some great stories..
edit on 15-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888
Excellent post!

As a first generation American, I have had the luxury of sitting back and learning both sides of the Civil War conflict. I have lived in the south since 2002....previous to that, I was a Californian and a Democrat. I have become a Libertarian and a southerner by choice.

To say that 620,000 men laid down their lives due to slavery is just nonsense, not to mention that in the history of man, there just have not been that many altruistic people on the planet at one time.....or that many willing to have their leg blown off by a cannon ball when only around 1% of whites actually had the ability to have slaves.

My father and grandmother were war refugees in Europe, starting in 1939. Had they not walked from Serbia to Austria with nothing but a few old photos and a few handy tools, I would not be here today.

I grew up with horror stories of war, starvation, and the evil of fascism. Of a 7 year old child walking past bombed-out buildings and seeing bits of people with flies buzzing on the bloated flesh. Of starving and being willing to raid gardens and apple orchards just to have something in the stomach to survive another day.

Those who's families have been in America a long time.....the horror of war is now just folklore. In a sense, I feel grateful for the lessons I was taught. War is created by sick wealthy people who play both sides and gain a LOT by destroying and killing. It is the little people, the ones with hardly anything, who come together and try to survive.

Those creating this tension, knowing it will snap and cause a civil war, will never have to suffer the horror....they will only see their bank accounts grow. My honest feeling: Thanks to the media, it is too late.

I was warned about this, because only those who have gone through war at that level can see the seeds that will eventually sprout into another one. I would say, America, check yourself before you wreck yourself....but I'm yelling into a hurricane of ignorance and hate looking for a victim.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Boy that's a leap...

Ever???

It is but a short leap from branding people in history as traitors when not even those of their own time would to thinking that in order to rectify that "mistake" of the past, you must silence those who continually tell you the truth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join