It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less than 0.002% attend protest in Charlottesville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Between rally attendees and counter-protesters, authorities were expecting as many as 6,000 people, Charlottesville police said this week.

www.google.com...=dam

Why do we allow such a small fraction (less than 0.002%) of our population define us as a country and set our properties?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Between rally attendees and counter-protesters, authorities were expecting as many as 6,000 people, Charlottesville police said this week.

www.google.com...=dam

Why do we allow such a small fraction (less than 0.002%) of our population define us as a country and set our properties?

Thank you for pointing this out. It shows how the MSM acts as a magnifying glass, and they can aim it wherever they please.

They want you to form an opinion.
They NEED you to form an opinion.
Based on emotion, not understanding.
The rally from this past weekend was high fives and a gatorade bath for TPTB.
edit on 15-8-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

So that way we can argue about it for the next 2 weeks on ATS instead of paying attention to whatever else is going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yup and right now it's aimed at racists and bigots and Nazis and white supremacists.
Where it should be.
What do these numbers show? That it doesn't take large numbers on either side to advance an agenda.
The guys on the far right in those groups better watch out. No one is going to let their message of hate be spread.

If they start a race war I have news for them. The USA will be a black nation when it's over.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You just don't get it, do you?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because people are stupid enough to fall for the....

" (fill in random individual) does something horrific so there is a problem with (fill in large social group).."

Or at least that is the way they push a lot of the propaganda ..

However the sharing ideas is a good thing..the vilification of ideas that are neutral is where the problems start..

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yup and right now it's aimed at racists and bigots and Nazis and white supremacists.
Where it should be.
What do these numbers show? That it doesn't take large numbers on either side to advance an agenda.
The guys on the far right in those groups better watch out. No one is going to let their message of hate be spread.

If they start a race war I have news for them. The USA will be a black nation when it's over.

yeah

All 2 of them

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

We as human beings want to form an opinion and as a species NEED to form an opinion..

The only question is does that opinion have any merits...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Where it should be.

Yup and right now it's aimed at racists and bigots and Black Panthers and NAACP supremacists.
Where it should be.
The guys on the far left in those groups better watch out. No one is going to let their message of hate be spread.

If they start a race war I have news for them. Nobody wins

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No you just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yes because we're humans that's what we do. It's what you're doing.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure on your planet that response makes sense.
Here....not so much.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

We'll see.
Tee hee

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

And how will you stop that?
I am glad go daddy got rid of their business, but that will not be the end of them. Someone will take their business.

Who will be starting this "race war"?
How will "the usa be a black nation when it is over"?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

No you just don't get it.

Great comeback, I would think that a 60 year old would see what's happening but I guess you can't teach an old dog old tricks.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Where it should be.

Why would we let 0.002% of the population start a race war?

To me the numbers show that if we had the intellectual maturity we could easy move on from this and instead turn our attention to issues that effect a much larger group of people. How ever if we keep getting bogged down on out rage over the such an insignificant number of people we will be spinning our wheels for ever.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Nobody'd watch the news if it focused on the 99% of us who just want to live our lives without being hassled. As scintillating as a broadcast featuring me cutting the grass would be, I doubt there'd be sponsors beating down the door.

The networks and newspapers used to have an ingrained self-imposed responsibility to deliver the news in an unbiased if not unfiltered way. Now, there's too much content spread across too many outlets who are vying for the same audience so each has to be more shrill to catch attention. There are two ways to get public attention - be really, really good, or be so gawdawfully bad people view you like a car wreck. Guess which is easier?

Then social media outlets take that distorted perspective and run it through a Chinese Whispers factory to capture their share of attention (for reasons unfathomable to me) until it soon becomes obvious that no one running around setting fires, vandalizing and beating people up even understand what the hell it's all about. Ever watch a reporter try to actually interview one of those mouth breathing 'protesters'?

I see no reason to believe it's going to improve. So I mostly ignore it, whenever possible. They're sure none of them defining me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You obviously don't know much about how the neo-Nazis organize and what they do for fun.

No race war is ever going to happen but if there were a limited engagement between a few hundred skinhead idiots and a few hundred BLM idiots, I can tell you that the skinheads would come out on top.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This guy again. The name says it all.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

We don't...the media takes this opportunity to define it for us, and the apathetic and ignorant latch on to it and perpetuate it.
edit on 15-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join