It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaper Miniatures Employee Defending Neo-Nazi On Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This situation seems to be spilling over into all areas. I'm a bit of a nerd for miniatures and painting them...so I was very excited to see that one of my favorite companies was having another Kickstarter for a new batch of their product.

Today, it was posted that their Operations Director was involved in a very disturbing Facebook conversation where he pulled the old "Defend the Neo-Nazis by blaming ANTIFA" card. It's pretty much the same sentiment that got Trump in trouble by condemning "many sides".

This has blown up on their facebook page and their kickstarter comment section. Lines seemed to have been drawn, people pulling their support from the Kickstarter because of this...and disgustingly, people increasing their pledge or joining the kickstarter to show support of the guy defending the Neo-Nazis.

The board of directors had an emergency meeting, as conveyed by a representative of their company in the kickstarter comments. They came out with this "non-statement"

From Ed Pugh, CEO Reaper Miniatures It has come to our attention that one of our employees became involved in a series of controversial posts on social media. We are deeply embarrassed that our company name has been associated with these statements. Reaper’s culture values diversity and equality, and we do not support, condone or agree in any way with the views the employee expressed in that discussion. We are reviewing the matter and taking appropriate action. Best wishes, Ed Pugh, CEO

I know a lot of people are waiting to see what actions Reaper takes before deciding what to do with their pledges and support of the company...but I think this has the potential to bust their kickstarter campaign. Tensions are high on this issue, they are going to lose backers either way...but I believe way more backers will abandon them if they decided to keep the Nazi defender on their staff.

Here are some links to get caught up on the situation:

Controversial Facebook conversation: imgur.com...

Reaper Miniatures Facebook Group: www.facebook.com...

Current Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter comment section: www.kickstarter.com...

I feel bad for Reaper that they have been put in this situation...but this entire issue seems to have sparked a turning point in how the American public is going to respond to racists and racists sympathizers.

I don't understand what people don't get...Nazis = Bad...stop trying to defend them. Hopefully Reaper does the right thing and distance themselves from this employee.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, you can ignore the facebook link.

Looks like the company just did a white washing of it and deleted every post that talked about it.

That is a bit disturbing.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

In today's world, if you are the face of any business enterprise, you can't participate in social media without doing so anonymously. No matter what position you take you will offend customers.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

"Racist sympathizers" ?

That sounded oddly......occupational.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Looks like the company just did a white washing of it and deleted every post that talked about it.

Standard operations in today's kiss-butt world. Not at all sure why you're surprised.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Standard operations in today's kiss-butt world. Not at all sure why you're surprised.

I just don't think trying to sweep this under the rug is the right move in this situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

I just don't think trying to sweep this under the rug is the right move in this situation.

Queue up one public lynching then!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"Nazi" is now being thrown around as the new boogeyman. Very few actual Nazi's even exist. It's going to lose it's sting just like the word 'racist' has.

Libs need to stop with the buzzword labels. All it does is jusify their hatred and violence against those whom don't support their sjw agenda . Enough already!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow! Unbelievable!

I hope this thread makes the front page.

I encourage everyone to read the horribly offensive posts this guy made.

'The worst thing was the pic of Obama hugging Hillary where he called them names.

Other than that, this guy seems to quite clearly be saying over and over again that he does not support nazis nor does he think they are real nazis like those in WW2, and that he is condemning antifa too for violence.

Thats it.

But much like with trump, though police like the OP refuse to even remotely acknowledge both sides can be violent. They must censor all mention of antifa or other leftists groups acting in inappropriate ways.

So they shame anyone who wants to challenge this narrative and discuss violence on all sides as defending nazis, and the dox them.

But please, keep showing your true fascist colors OP.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   

Your divisive posts are more disturbing than what this guy had to say on his Facebook.
First it was the Russians under every Leftist bed, now it is the Nazis under your beds.
Just go to bed....the Russians will take care of the Nazis under there...you might hear quite a bit of noise under there, but the Russians will win....again.
Where do you see him "defending the Neo-Nazis" or being a "Nazi defender" in any statement he made there?
He is basically saying that all hate is just that....hate...whether it comes from the Nazi wannabes or Antifa.
He states multiple times that he does not support any of this type of rhetoric.
Just another example of the Leftists pontificating and making crap up to be fake outraged about.
And another example of someone calling out all hate, no matter what the source and the Leftists just screaming "Nazi defender!!!" in their normal hysterical way.
I have seen it in 30 threads since Saturday.
edit on 15-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

link   

How dare someone suggest that a problem isn't 100% someone's fault. We all know all problems are 100% someone else's fault, and it's always the person or group I disagree with. They should wait a week until the knee-jerk emotional radicals find something another conclusion to jump to.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You aren't kidding about the shaming part. They literally scream 'shame shame, shame!' at Trump supporters at their little protests. It's like watching game of thrones. The hive mentality is off the charts. Truly unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If every company has to fire an employee because of their beliefs or thoughts on anything then we will have no business left in the country.
Because for every person who offends another or a group ,there is someone else who offends that person or another group .
We will never have a country that always agrees with each other, but we don't need to either.
People just need to live their own lives and stop worrying about what others are doing .
If you are at work, then yes you need to conduct yourself as a representative of the company but when on your own time I don't think so.
And if you think otherwise, do you live you life at home the way that your boss thinks you should ? If you were out in public and run into your boss who doesn't like what you are doing and says, don't bother coming to work on Monday because I don't like what you are doing.
That's what social media is doing to us and yes people will say that you should be punished for offending someone, but as I said your thoughts might and probably do offend someone else.
I dont have the answers I just know that it is only going to get worse until people just learn to live and let live .

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't believe the OP read what he posted as the source, to get to his conclusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Maybe we should label them the Lanister party.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't think anyone thinks "racist" has lost it's sting except for actual racists.

Racists have come out of the closet as of late and don't mind being open about it or being called a racist it seems.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I don't believe the OP read what he posted as the source, to get to his conclusion.

Sure seems like he didn't read it eh?
But that is basically what I have seen from the Left since Saturday,
No matter what point anyone tries to make, all we get is "NAZI DEFENDER!!!!!"
If it wasn't so nauseatingly sad, it would be laughable.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Since we are talking about screaming and hive mentality.

Conservatives also seem to resort to name calling.

I see "libtard", "snowflake" as well as "you don't belong in this country" yelled at people.

Like they took their daily marching order from Fox News.

Both sides seem to be bat crap crazy. And I blame the more radical elements for being idiots and just perpetuating stereotypes. It's time for some sane people in this country to tell the crazies on both sides to sit down and shut up.

edit on 15-8-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You're kidding right?
So we should stop labeling racists and bigots and Nazis and white supremacists?

Maybe we should stop labeling pedophiles and rapists and murderers too. Cuz it's just so unfair right?
Who's the friggin snowflake here???

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There's only crazy on one side. The wrong one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join