It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Meh, due to a lot of gang activity here, shooting's..etc, there is a program by the gang task force where they remove gang members from bars and clubs..the public is tired of their sh#t. It's about affiliations more so than looks, but looks and certain tattoo's indicate affiliation's.
I have tattoos, but I'm not such a piece of trash I would get a swastika, I have no sympathy for this LOSER..piss on him, the story on this indicates he could not behave himself anyway, and that is why he was given the boot.
edit on 16-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
With the events of the past weekend, I feel WaPo sensationalized the story for the clicks and to possibly promote a further divide.

So, then, it was just another day for WaPo, eh?

But yes, I agree with you to a point, but the individual had a right to complain. I just think that the pool handled it in the wrong way--the complainer should have been told that those tattoos, while offensive to her, do not violate any policy of the pool (if that is the case...the bare-bones story doesn't mention that) and that he had every right to be there if he's not harassing anyone.

The pool's employees are to blame, IMO, along with the actions of the guy afterwards.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I THOUGHT you Had religious freedom in US?
in US satanism is a recognized religious and Buddhism.
did you know 6500 years ago what you call
a swastika was a Buddhist symbol?

well you Lost freedom some time ago in US.
with obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So doing a bit of digging:

Po ol Rules

A witness post:
I've been going to the same public pool in DC for five years. Today, someone drew swastikas and nazi symbols on himself before showing up to the pool. When asked to cover offensive images, the man began using racist epithets towards the lifeguards. It's not hard to draw a line between the leader of our country not taking sides in Charlottesville and events like today. It must stop.

a review of the pool:
Generally, the place gets the job done. The entry is a weird prison style buzzer system. Show your ID, get buzzed into the locker rooms. In fact, the entire place has the appearance of a minimum security prison. There are a ton of rules, including zero photography, no one is allowed on deck unless they are swimming and in a real swim suit (no mesh shorts), and you have to shower before getting in the pool. The sheer amount of rules is off-putting, but something probably happened to cause introduction of the rules in the first place. The lifeguards are very, very strict.

So if the guy was only there to charge his phone and not use the pool...they were likely within their rights to kick him out. I suppose that might depend on is attire, ultimately. He certainly was not there to sun, as it's an indoor pool.

If he drew symbols on himself...it was to cause controversy. If he was there for that reason, it was a clear violation of their rules.

Pool rules say that they reserve the right to remove people on the grounds of "improper conduct, including derogatory and/or profane or offensive language". This day and age a swastika is considered objectively offensive, and showing it off could be construed as "profane or offensive language" under the rules. Depending on how you want to interpret such things...

Seems we don't have a whole story here and mostly just the sensationalized parts.

But I do agree on one thing -- our freedom here is not what it once was by any means. We have become a very repressive country full of wussified people who get offended and make a big stink at the drop of a hat and believe the government must protect us from ourselves and a harsh and unforgiving reality. Even if that means taking away all freedom.

I hate what this country has become, but it's still better than many others out there.

This is from the first episode of an old HBO show called The Newsroom -- I absolutely agree with this bit:
Why American isn't the greatest country in the world

We have a great Constitution that grants us inalienable rights. Hate speech is not protected though, even hate speech against white people isn't protected, though that seems to be one that a lot of people want to give a pass on. ALL these different Hate Groups, need to not be given a platform (doesn't matter who they represent if they are a Hate Group and many are disguised to be "legitimate" organizations). If we don't do something to curb/get ahead/figure out the polarization going on here in the US, it will be another Civil War or just an excuse for the Government to finally take total control.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I think it was bush that started taking away your freedoms.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Lincoln, actually.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Was it ever really the land of the free in recent times?.
I think true freedom is a myth they give us just enough for the illusion of freedom.
Same over here in the uk....I can't walk down the street in my Paisley Y fronts anymore
If I can't do that it ain't freedom.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Freedom has never meant anarchy. The Constitution is the governing document that defines freedom in the context of the United States. It's a document which was intended to narrowly define the scope of the federal government's job while widely restricting the federal government's reach... since Lincoln utterly destroyed the intent of the document and got away with it, freedom has absolutely been an illusion at best.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Bush? Seriously?

Goes back a bit further than that, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You are free to do as you are told.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
why are so many people in here acting like getting nazi iconography permanently engraved on their bodies - openly and perpetually declaring themselves as part of a group whose key aim is to take over the world and put all other social and ethnic groups in ovens - is anything remotely like a passive act?
you don't accidentally declare yourself a nazi
and declaring yourself a nazi is never anything but an open and direct call to violence.

interesting that so many people on these boards have a vested interest in defending this.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why were complaints made about his tats? That was starting sh!t that didn't even need to be started. I would have been offended also.

Last time I checked it's a free country and you can get whatever tat you want. If you don't like someone's tat - oh here's an option it's called don't look at it. Plain and simple as that. But noooooooooooooooo just had to stir the pot because they knew the guy was gonna react negatively. They won in the end. This is BS. Once again rights being infringed upon. Oh what sneaky devils they are!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why were complaints made about his tats? That was starting sh!t that didn't even need to be started. I would have been offended also.

Last time I checked it's a free country and you can get whatever tat you want. If you don't like someone's tat - oh here's an option it's called don't look at it. Plain and simple as that. But noooooooooooooooo just had to stir the pot because they knew the guy was gonna react negatively. They won in the end. This is BS. Once again rights being infringed upon. Oh what sneaky devils they are!!!

All those poor nazis having their rights trampled on.

You're absolutely free to mark yourself as a social pariah and free to accept the consequences
Of your actions.
edit on 8/17/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Couple of points.

People do dumb stuff all the time. His swastika could have been a dumb young man thing and he may not have the cash to get it lasered off.
He could want the symbol there still as a metaphorical "up yours" to the wider world (In which case, he shouldn't get all whiny when people want to talk about it).
He could be a Nazi...

Thing is, if you behave decently and within the societal norms of the place you live, it shouldn't really matter what your politics are, even if they are stupid and, nor should it matter what your ink says, though you can't be upset when people read into it something from their own life experience.

I have a skull and a devil (among other things) Some people get upset by those, and I can't be bothered to explain them to stupid people. For the purposes of this post, I will though. I ride motorcycles, have done all my adult life. The skull is a little reminder that death is there and I acknowledge that without fear. The devil, he is there to remind me that I sometimes make poor choices.

Seems as though he got upset at someone questioning him over the swastika and got kicked out, which means, he either made a young fellow's mistake and is ashamed of it (Not so likely, as I would have expected him to explain it if that is the case) or, is just a bit of an idiot.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I don't even have time for your nonsense today.

*clicks thumb and middle finger together - shoo*

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I would garner to suspect that he was being asked to cover it up so not to offend anyone or else he would have to leave.

That would hardly be fair since it was a public pool and he had paid his fee to get in like everyone else. Regardless if he got in the water or not. He may have brought his children there. I know I take my daughter to the pool quite often and she plays in the kiddie pool as I sit on the side. I have lots of tats.

There are things that offend me like big holes in ear lobes and big rings hanging from the bottom of the nose and facial tattoos etc... but I just don't look at them.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Probably right. Though I have to ask, you really get offended by those big holes? I don't. I think they look awful, but they don't offend me in any way.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ok well I guess I don't really get offended by them but I am feeling a little left out of being offended bandwagon so I decided to jump on. They really are quite unattractive to me. I know many people who are friends of mine who have them but I can say it not anything I would ever do. I do have a few body piercing but they are small ones. You know like small diamond in the nose, belly ring and a few others. All I got when I was much younger. I have been thinking about taking them out. Two have already been removed since I had children. I won't go into the details. lol...

I just think everybody needs to lighten up stop with all this hate and being offended every time someone sneezes the wrong nonsense. It has really gone overboard IMHO.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

Ok well I guess I don't really get offended by them but I am feeling a little left out of being offended bandwagon so I decided to jump on.

Best reason ever

I know what you mean, yeah. A few years ago I had to have an MRI cos I dropped a Harley on my knee and the nurse was asking about piercings...That was embarrassing, especially as I am an old git. Her face was a picture of calm detachment all the way through, I was really impressed!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thanks for the laugh today. It is always good to start off a day with a good laugh. I convinced my mom to do a nose piercing and a belly ring quite a few years ago. She is a health freak and likes to stay in shape. When they were doing tests on here they looked at her a little weird because she was probably kinda old to them to have them. She took them out and never put them back in. She does have 4 tattoos. She has my name and my children's name on her and we wrote a little note for each and had them put on our sides. My momma is my best friend and I just can't imagine my life without her when she is gone. I understand her choice she has made but I hope it doesn't happen quickly.

I apologize for the thread drift OP.
edit on 4am817America/ChicagoThu, 17 Aug 2017 08:21:23 -050021882017-08-17T08:21:23-05:00 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join