It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

I don't have any tattoos and I really don't care for them but people get them for many different reasons.
If you look hard enough, I am sure there is a tattoo somewhere that you don't agree with.
Divorced soccer mom tramp stamps?
Prison tats?
Gang tats?
Where does it stop?
Can I ask someone to cover their Yankees or Cubs tattoo now?

j/k i'm sure they get ridiculed enough

the divorced soccer mom tramp stamp comment made me laugh coffee out my nose!!! ha ha ha
this post should have had a laughter trigger warning.. ha ha ha

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Stop blindly believing # you read in the OP. The OP is clearly distorting the events of what happened. People may have complained about the tattoos, but it was this asshole's behavior that got him ejected. The OP is glossing over all this in order to push the stupid idea that he was ejected due to his tattoos. PAY ATTENTION!

His behavior is not what is wrong with society today. He had every right to be at the swimming pool. The ones that were offended should have been the ones to leave.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

What if people look gangsta?

The people on my block dont exactly fit in most places. We going to make them pull up their pants and tuck in their shirt?

How about metal heads. They look satanic. I imagine christians would love to kick out a black metal band from a pool.

Or weird people, they cant be too freaky I guess.

Thats not cool. I dont like or tolerate nazi crap but I know how to ignore people so I can share a pool with them or a gang banger.

If we are making people change, I want everyone to be like me. I think my way is the best.....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Sorry for the delay in my reply. I had a few things to do that I had forgotten about.

My ex brother-in-law has some of the white pride/Nazi type tattoos he got in prison. They bothered me, but I never said anything about them and they were never really an issue. He keeps them covered most of the time.
My mother (who is Jewish) never made it an issue either.

I don't like them, but I never thought it was my place to say anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It was already covered here that he was kicked out due to attitude. Anywhere displaying a Nazi type tattoo, let alone at a public, family friendly pool, does one expect not to be called out? Guideline most of us tattooed people know is, if you adorn offensive tattoos, you can expect a societal backlash that isn't all chalked up to SJWs. For example if a Dr. caring for your in a dire situation doesn't like your controversial tattoo, then you may be in for trouble.

I don't see why so many are siding with the Nazi tattoo as it is but then again the hypocrisy here is astounding when it comes to the "concern" of freedom. If the tattoos were only a 666 and an upside down cross, people would be on the pool employee's side saying SJWs are attacking Christians and Conservatives, and that he needed to be booted out.
edit on 15-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Stop blindly believing # you read in the OP. The OP is clearly distorting the events of what happened. People may have complained about the tattoos, but it was this asshole's behavior that got him ejected. The OP is glossing over all this in order to push the stupid idea that he was ejected due to his tattoos. PAY ATTENTION!

His behavior is not what is wrong with society today. He had every right to be at the swimming pool. The ones that were offended should have been the ones to leave.

Well seeing as how he was kicked out for being belligerent his rights weren't violated in the first place.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I agree with him being asked to leave after becoming belligerent. The tattoos were the issue before he became belligerent.

To add, I don't hate the left. I voted left.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gargamel

So throwing a cussing fit that gets you ejected is A-Ok, but talking to someone about some tattoos that another costumer doesn't like, THAT"S the equivalent of Hitler. Thanks for clearing up your goofy ass hyperbole for me.

The only one saying that it was only a conversation is you. What do you think the content of that conversation was?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ericendtimes
a reply to: abago71

What would happen if a Hindu man wanted to take a swim ? Swatzikas are much older than natzi Germany.

I guess that would depend on who else was at the pool that particular day.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The statement says patrons objected to the man’s presence and that a lifeguard “responded by trying to speak with the individual. At this point, the individual became irate, repeatedly and aggressively using offensive language toward the lifeguard.

He only became irate because a lifeguard spoke to him. Most likely about the tattoos. If the people offended and the lifeguard would just go on with their lives and not be so offended by someone using their right to free speech via the tattoos then there would be no story worth reporting here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

So throwing a cussing fit that gets you ejected is A-Ok, but talking to someone about some tattoos that another costumer doesn't like, THAT"S the equivalent of Hitler. Thanks for clearing up your goofy ass hyperbole for me.

The only one saying that it was only a conversation is you. What do you think the content of that conversation was?

Well me and the all the news articles that say exactly that and that the lifeguard first retrieved another lifeguard and then called the police when the tattooed guy became irate. There are also some conflicts that the conversation may have been about him only charging his phone and not about the tattoos at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
I agree with him being asked to leave after becoming belligerent. The tattoos were the issue before he became belligerent.

To add, I don't hate the left. I voted left.

So why are you blindly attacking SJW's?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I agree. I do not think that asking someone to cover an offensive tattoo is out of line if asked in a respectable manner.
Which may have been the case. Also, the tattooed guy may have instigated it.

The article states three specific tattoos. A swastika, and upside down cross and 666.
The article never stated which of these three tattoos caused the complaint. But the Washington Post chose to put "swastika" in the title of the article. Why would they do that other than to get clicks and ride on the coattails of the recent events and provoke a response. Fan the flames, if you will.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
I agree. Kinda like the statue issue. If we take one down, shouldn't we take them all down?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

Well me and the all the news articles that say exactly that and that the lifeguard first retrieved another lifeguard and then called the police when the tattooed guy became irate. There are also some conflicts that the conversation may have been about him only charging his phone and not about the tattoos at all.

First off, I was unaware that using a public pool meant you had to be in the pool at all times. But, really, do you honestly think the lifeguard approached him to tell him to get in the pool or leave?

Again, I am not disputing that he was ultimately made to leave after he got irate but IMO he was probably already asked to leave and that is what caused him to become irate.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't recall stating anything about the left.
Are ALL SJW's leftists? I didn't know that they were.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
More details on the story. He has the Nazi symbol on his abdomen and wrists.
www.rawstory.com...

It looks like Trump is behind all of this.

Another witness to the event tied it directly to President Donald Trump, writing on the Rumsey Aquatic Center Facebook page, “I’ve been going to the same public pool in DC for five years. Today, someone drew swastikas and nazi symbols on himself before showing up to the pool. When asked to cover offensive images, the man began using racist epithets towards the lifeguards.”

edit on 8 15 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Jesus these are nazis we are talking about....my grandfather fought the bastards and some are saying it is okay for them to parade their nazi tattoos in public.
Sod em do people forget what they stand for?.
They are free to get as many nazi tats as they want but don't cry if people shun these bastards..Like they should be.

Your Grandfather fought them so that all Americans can have the right to wear Nazi attire if they want.

Sure having a Swastika on you looks dumb. But we have every right to do so as Americans.

Both my grandpas fought in WW2. My uncle fought in Vietnam. My brother fought in the gulf and my best friend was killed in Iraq in 2007. All of them would defend this mans right to have a swastika if he wants.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Did the Japanese or Italians change their flag after WWII?

Or did they also use the swastika?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71
Yes, there is the general histrionics over the swastika right now that the Post highlighted most likely to tie into, explaining why people were offended. A month ago this likely would not have even happened.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join