It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I agree with you, to a very large degree.

I'm no fan of the ideology, either. I try, and often times fail, to judge each as an individual. But with bigots of any stripe, I have problems doing that.

Doesn't mean we get a pass. Because we're doing the same thing we accuse them of doing...

Maybe it's easier for me, as I've been judged by my appearance my entire life. I came into this world fully equipped with a severe cleft pallet, and the associated physical issues that go along with that... Trust me when I say people can be utterly cruel. By my appearance, and a slight speech impediment when I was younger, I was judged to be retarded by some, not many, but some. Now a days, I'm judged not just by that, but by the fact that I'm 6'4" 280+ lbs, and I'm rather intimidating, or so I'm told. Oddly, kids like me.

I hear what you're saying though. It's hard not to judge--doesn't mean we have to.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would be irate if I was told to leave the pool because the guests didnt like something about me either. Regardless of if it is something I like or dislike...its not ok to kick someone out over tattoos or maybe how they dress or maybe cause they smoke or whatever...see what I'm getting at here. I'm not saying after he became irate he wasn't a problem and didn't need to leave. I'm saying he should have never been approached over it in the first place or at least not hassled over it. He had every right to be there and show the world how disgusting of a person he is.

Yes he had the right, in an absolutist sense. In an absolutist world, yes, those people who complained should have been able to just look at him with pity in their hearts and be saddened over the patheticness of a lost soul. However we do not live in that kind of world. People are frail and rather than respond with accepting stupididty, quite often end up displaying their own.

In this day of full body tattooing, this fellow chose to wear tattoos designed to entice overblown reaction. He got what he was after, rejection from people around him. He brought this on himself, and now he has his reward. He is a martyr for the Nazi cause. Hip hip hooray.

What an ignorant viewpoint.

Did you ever think he LIKES his tatoos?

He probably couldn't give a cap what you think k with your woe is him sensibilities.

So pathetic...
So you call me ignorant and pathetic.

And all you have to offer is maybe he likes his tattoos. Well yes, sure, maybe he does. It's settled.

Nice try, TERRY! I said your viewpoint was ignorant. And the situation is pathetic.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: seagull

I'll be honest, if this guy came up and complained about a guy with a Star of David tattoo I'd probably tell him to get lost. But then again Judaism is not a hate-filled ideology that led to the deaths of millions of innocent Nazis. If you want to claim that makes me a bigot so be it. At least I'm bigoted against Nazis.

I would not say you are a bigot but I would say that you are intolerant of ideologies that you do not share or find offensive. No matter how disgusting those ideologies are I would think that an American citizen who believes in the Constitution would understand how discriminating or excluding people due to their beliefs can become a problem.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Gargamel because: clarification of a point.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is it wrong to not agree with the Satanist with 666 or the Nazi with the swastika on him?

I wouldn't hire either. Bad public perception, at least in my business, where I market to families.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Won't someone think of the children!?

I mean isn't that the excuse the Right uses to argue against pride parades or even homosexuals being allowed public displays of affection? Why shouldn't that apply to Nazis as well? At least with homosexuals the explanation is one of love and not hate.

Yes, the right makes that argument... but the left took it away, so deal with it

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Gargamel

First they came for the tattoo's but I don't have any so I didn't say anything
Next they came for the words being spoken but I didn't like them either so i didn't say anything
after that they came for our thoughts and I had some that they didn't like but there was nobody left to stand with me.

It's a slippery slope that doesn't end pleasantly. History is full of examples.

He wasn't ejected for his tattoos! Are you blind or do you only read what you want to read?

The only reason he was approached was because someone had a problem with his personal beliefs and the fact that they were on display. That is what the problem was. I could care less that he was kicked out because he became belligerent after the fact.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If stunts like this keep up someone will die

Iv been around alot of neo nazies and one thing most of them dont fear is going back to prision

Lowlife dispicable people yes ... and thats exactaly why a normal persion should ignore them ... i dont find ur avg gangbanger all that acceptable ether but i know if i want to have a problem with one i may well get shot at

Thease sjw are really playing with fire ... they think there safe tell they meet the nazi type i know the ones that woulda draged the 2 lifegurds into the pool and drown them for looking at them the wrong way... iv yet to meet anyone with a swastica tatoo and a nonviolent peacefull attitude

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Nope. Not wrong at all. I probably wouldn't hire them either, if they aren't willing to cover it up while at work. 'course, it would also depend very much upon the nature of the work.

Most of my working life has been spent in warehouses, and managing inventory, etc... in warehouses. I haven't really had to deal with how some worker might come across to the public.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well...who's to say, and I have no reason to believe this but it is very possible, he didn't go to prison and have to pick a side...I have known a few people who found themselves in that situation. It made life safer and easier for them while locked up. Once out they were very different people than before and basically had to learn to drop the act from prison which didn't happen over night. A lot of assumptions are being made here, even from myself, which isn't the best way to approach this. I can say that his right to be there is not an assumption and no one had a right to ask him to cover anything up or to leave until he got belligerent.

Indeed. a lot of assumptions. While we can learn from history, to me it seems we are in uncharged waters as so many variable points of view and historical trends converge with an unfolding technology that day by day present more questions than answers. I think many of us are earnest as we attempt to hold onto that which we consider solid grounds established in previous decades and centuries while at the same time fending off paths to the future that we think will either dwindle to impenetrable forest or unavoidable cliffs. I think we must keep our heads about us.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

I guess I was right about you fishing for an excuse to hate liberals.

Just caught this line...musta read this in a hurry. Why is this about politics? I'm not a very political person and I would think the guests who complained could have likely been any political leaning...Nazi hating is shared by many over the spectrum...and people on the right can be just as bad as those on the left when it comes to denying someone their rights because they don't like something. You need to taken a,step back from politics bro...none of them left or,right,care about you or want to help you or make anything better for you unless it benefits them. Guess that's par for the course when it comes to your reactions though...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: visitedbythem

So what do you think the lifeguard wanted to talk to him about...like what kinda thing do you think he,came to say??? Only a few things spring to mind that make logical sense. Why do you insist on being obtuse about this?

I'm not being obtuse. I really want to know why you care what the lifeguard was saying to him. The point is that he became irate, the police were called, and he was ejected for his behavior and NOT his body art. I know you want to be offended so you can demean and denounce us leftists but this is fake news. No one was ejected for the tattoos on their body.

I agree. He shouldn't have been singled out and harassed to begin with. Same with breast feeding snitches. Mind your own damn business.

That's what he gets for having the body work he does. It creates attention. Sometimes unwanted. He got the ink, he needs to deal with the consequences of his decision.

I agree. He needs to stay calm next time and just sue them in a court of law, because seeing a tattoo I don't like doesn't give me the right to get in someones space, and face or harass them with pointed questions.

I guess you could try to sue a business for asking you to cover up a tattoo, but I'm sure a judge would throw it out of court immediately.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Also I could care less that he had to leave after getting belligerent...that's how that works. What I do care about is how,the staff at a public pool is overstepping their rights. They have no right to ask him to cover,them or to ask him to leave which is I bet exactly what happened...logically I can't think of anything else the lifeguard would have been saying to him.

Says who? Who says they aren't allowed to talk to him about his clothing? I'm sure they can come talk to him if he was running around butt naked. You are just making regulations up in your head so you can keep blaming liberals. Your partisan intentions are clear as you don't really have an argument.

No, genius, they DON'T have a right to ask him to cover up. That's called discrimination.

Have all of you gone stupid?

No it isn't. It's just a conversation. There is no such thing as discrimination because of your tattoo choices. Tattooed people aren't a protected class of citizens.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargamel

So throwing a cussing fit that gets you ejected is A-Ok, but talking to someone about some tattoos that another costumer doesn't like, THAT"S the equivalent of Hitler. Thanks for clearing up your goofy ass hyperbole for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I guess I was right about you fishing for an excuse to hate liberals.

Just caught this line...musta read this in a hurry. Why is this about politics? I'm not a very political person and I would think the guests who complained could have likely been any political leaning...Nazi hating is shared by many over the spectrum...and people on the right can be just as bad as those on the left when it comes to denying someone their rights because they don't like something. You need to taken a,step back from politics bro...none of them left or,right,care about you or want to help you or make anything better for you unless it benefits them. Guess that's par for the course when it comes to your reactions though...

Here's the title of the thread:

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

I didn't bring politics into this discussion. The OP did when he wrote the thread. Why aren't you yelling at him?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You brought politics as a way to try and insinuate my motive for posting here...which turns out to make an ass outta you because you were wrong. You were in such a hurry to paint me as such you didn't even put much thought into it...like it was completely reactionary and involuntary for you. No wonder most of the times I see you post back and forth with people it devolves so fast.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ok so it's ok for the OP to bring up politics, but not me. Now I know you are full of #. PS this thread is in the political mud pit. I can say what I want about your politics. I was only following the direction of the OP after all.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

What happened to the good ol' days where you could just wait for someone like this in the parking lot and discuss his tattoos?

Anyhoo, I accidentally went to the WaPo site and read the story, and the dude was ejected from the pool because of his reaction and language to the lifeguards, not because of his tattoos. Had he kept his cool, it appears that he may have been able to remain.

Here's the thing about the first amendment--tattoo yourself all up the way that you see fit, reflecting your ideals and beliefs and likes, but you can't expect not to be confronted from time to time about them when you are in public places and they are causing concern.

Dude should have taken the high road and calmly discussed the issue, showing that he was not the threat that people seemed to think that he was. He failed himself in this regard.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I would be irate if I was told to leave the pool because the guests didnt like something about me either. Regardless of if it is something I like or dislike...its not ok to kick someone out over tattoos or maybe how they dress or maybe cause they smoke or whatever...see what I'm getting at here. I'm not saying after he became irate he wasn't a problem and didn't need to leave. I'm saying he should have never been approached over it in the first place or at least not hassled over it. He had every right to be there and show the world how disgusting of a person he is.

Yes he had the right, in an absolutist sense. In an absolutist world, yes, those people who complained should have been able to just look at him with pity in their hearts and be saddened over the patheticness of a lost soul. However we do not live in that kind of world. People are frail and rather than respond with accepting stupididty, quite often end up displaying their own.

In this day of full body tattooing, this fellow chose to wear tattoos designed to entice overblown reaction. He got what he was after, rejection from people around him. He brought this on himself, and now he has his reward. He is a martyr for the Nazi cause. Hip hip hooray.

He probably couldn't give a cap what you think k with your woe is him sensibilities.

So pathetic...
So you call me ignorant and pathetic.

And all you have to offer is maybe he likes his tattoos. Well yes, sure, maybe he does. It's settled.

Nice try, TERRY! I said your viewpoint was ignorant. And the situation is pathetic.

So pathetic...

NIce try at what? You called that viewpoint ignorant so how does that differ from calling ME ignorant for thinking it.
You then say I have a woe is him sensibilities(how you got that I don't know) and then say ''so pathetic.''

You made that reply all about me and now you are saying that the pathetic was aimed at the situation? I might help people who are exchanging ideas with you if you could be more clear on who are attacking and who you are not. OK?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If it was something obscene or profane, there would probably be a legitimate reason to complain.

There's no common sense in censoring someone when the same thing is allowed on tv.

On a side note, I doubt a liberal would complain about the 666. I seen some big SJW groups online and nothing but overwhelming support when someone worships Satan. Seriously, being Conservative would get you murdered, but Satan gets a big thumbs up.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
SJW are nothing but a bunch of people who were mentally(possibly physically/sexually) abused as children. What type of rearing did these super sensitive emotional people have to make them readily offendable to trivial # of life? It is a #'ing TATTOO! SJW should all get a life!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join