It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Who cares what the guy's tattoos are? As long as he's not peeing in the pool it shouldn't matter. And if the guy didn't get riled up until the lifeguard started talking to him you can bet your backside either he was asked to cover up or leave- which would get me riled up too!

If you want to be offended by something get offended over the Constitution being trampled all over by ANYONE! The extremists on either side are trampling all over the rest of us and it needs to STOP!

link   
I also don't get why people are acting like this was a conscious attack by some Leftist provocateur. Let's be honest, it was a public pool. The lifeguard in this situation was probably some high schooler with a summer job. They were probably getting an earful from Karen with the I-Want-To-Speak-To-The-Manager haircut. So then they went over to speak to this patron at which point he became aggressive. This teenager then remembered his training that if you have a belligerent guest you are to call the police.

But no. Let's go ahead and act like this is a concerted attack on the First Amendment by those same evil Lefitsts that were picking on those poor Nazis in Charlottesville
edit on 8/15/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Also I could care less that he had to leave after getting belligerent...that's how that works. What I do care about is how,the staff at a public pool is overstepping their rights. They have no right to ask him to cover,them or to ask him to leave which is I bet exactly what happened...logically I can't think of anything else the lifeguard would have been saying to him.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have taken my kids to pools and never gotten in the water. I never realized how awfully wrong that was.

Damn you.

Damn you to hell!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Justso

He became belligerent after the lifeguard became aggressive with him. Did you read the op?

The guard became aggressive? How did he do that, by just talking to the guy? Is the guy a nazi or a snowflake.

Get in my face and I might call that aggressive.
Raise your voice to me for no reason and I might call it aggressive.

Do it to a cop.

They call it being aggressive.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Why was it within this life guards right to ask him to cover up his tattoos?

Because that is his job. If a guest complains about another guest, he is supposed to go talk to the other guest and at least see what is up and how the situation can be diffused. Furthermore, additional sources provided by Shamrock suggest the lifeguard approached him because he wasn't using the pool to swim but to charge his phone.

I don't think it was within his rights at a public pool. If there were guests who didnt like it they have the option to go to another pool...maybe one with paid membership where the staff can make rules that are more agreeable to them.

Still not denouncing the belligerent actions to the this Nazi I see. Clearly it's the liberals who are the problem and not the irate asshole who can't take being talked to without cussing and making a scene like a child.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Also I could care less that he had to leave after getting belligerent...that's how that works. What I do care about is how,the staff at a public pool is overstepping their rights. They have no right to ask him to cover,them or to ask him to leave which is I bet exactly what happened...logically I can't think of anything else the lifeguard would have been saying to him.

Says who? Who says they aren't allowed to talk to him about his clothing? I'm sure they can come talk to him if he was running around butt naked. You are just making regulations up in your head so you can keep blaming liberals. Your partisan intentions are clear as you don't really have an argument.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I also don't get why people are acting like this was a conscious attack by some Leftist provocateur. Let's be honest, it was a public pool. The lifeguard in this situation was probably some high schooler with a summer job. They were probably getting an earful from Karen with the I-Want-To-Speak-To-The-Manager haircut. So then they went over to speak to this patron at which point he became aggressive. This teenager then remembered his training that if you have a belligerent guest you are to call the police.

But no. Let's go ahead and act like this is a concerted attack on the First Amendment by those same evil Lefitsts that were picking on those poor Nazis in Charlottesville

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! Apparently in today's America employees don't have the right to speak to their guests and patrons about conflicts between multiple guests in their establishment.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm sure they can come talk to him if he was running around butt naked.

Yes, and they could talk to him if he was peeing in people's soft drinks.
But he wasn't naked was he?

He had a tattoo that offended someone.

I get it.
Nazis are bad.
No argument here about that.

He was messed with because another person didn't like his tattoo.

I have seen plenty of tattoos that I didn't like. I never complained to authorities to have the person removed from my sight.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Its a public pool...if he wants to sit and charge his phone and take in the sights or get some rays he is well within his rights to do so. If the lifeguard wants to ask if he minds covering his tats sure but if he,doesnt want to then shouldn't that be the end of it? Are you really thinking the lifeguard politely asked him if he,could cover them and the guy flipped the script...or does it make more sense that either he,wasn't asked rather told...or after being asked and refusing he was asked to leave.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

First they came for the tattoo's but I don't have any so I didn't say anything
Next they came for the words being spoken but I didn't like them either so i didn't say anything
after that they came for our thoughts and I had some that they didn't like but there was nobody left to stand with me.

It's a slippery slope that doesn't end pleasantly. History is full of examples.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I'm sure they can come talk to him if he was running around butt naked.

Yes, and they could talk to him if he was peeing in people's soft drinks.
But he wasn't naked was he?

He had a tattoo that offended someone.

I get it.
Nazis are bad.
No argument here about that.

He was messed with because another person didn't like his tattoo.

I have seen plenty of tattoos that I didn't like. I never complained to authorities to have the person removed from my sight.
Well you aren't a busy body. Fun fact: Busy bodies exist and busy bodies complain to management. They aren't some new force wielded by the liberal left. They are just annoying people who mind other people's business. This particular busy body didn't like that he was either not using the pool or have Nazi icongraphy on his skin (I think it was the former actually because multiple sources are going with that angle instead of the tattoos). So the lifeguard had to follow up with the complaint, because that is his job. Anyone who has worked in any sort of costumer service job knows about the costumers that are never happy and have to complain about every little detail that ruins their experience at the establishment.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel

First they came for the tattoo's but I don't have any so I didn't say anything
Next they came for the words being spoken but I didn't like them either so i didn't say anything
after that they came for our thoughts and I had some that they didn't like but there was nobody left to stand with me.

It's a slippery slope that doesn't end pleasantly. History is full of examples.

He wasn't ejected for his tattoos! Are you blind or do you only read what you want to read?

link   
a reply to: RickyD

Have you ever been anywhere in public? People regularly flip their s*** after being politely approached by the staff.

"Excuse me. Miss. Can you please tell your child to stop drawing on our tables?"
"How dare you! You can't tell me how to raise my child! I want to speak to your manager!"

You're seriously telling me you've never seen a situation like that? You must have never worked in the service industry.

link   

Its a public pool...if he wants to sit and charge his phone and take in the sights or get some rays he is well within his rights to do so. If the lifeguard wants to ask if he minds covering his tats sure but if he,doesnt want to then shouldn't that be the end of it? Are you really thinking the lifeguard politely asked him if he,could cover them and the guy flipped the script...or does it make more sense that either he,wasn't asked rather told...or after being asked and refusing he was asked to leave.

You are either full of # or have never worked at a retail/costumer service job before.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So what do you think the lifeguard wanted to talk to him about...like what kinda thing do you think he,came to say??? Only a few things spring to mind that make logical sense. Why do you insist on being obtuse about this?

I'm not being obtuse. I really want to know why you care what the lifeguard was saying to him. The point is that he became irate, the police were called, and he was ejected for his behavior and NOT his body art. I know you want to be offended so you can demean and denounce us leftists but this is fake news. No one was ejected for the tattoos on their body.

I agree. He shouldn't have been singled out and harassed to begin with. Same with breast feeding snitches. Mind your own damn business.

That's what he gets for having the body work he does. It creates attention. Sometimes unwanted. He got the ink, he needs to deal with the consequences of his decision.

I agree. He needs to stay calm next time and just sue them in a court of law, because seeing a tattoo I don't like doesn't give me the right to get in someones space, and face or harass them with pointed questions.

link   

Meh. Pretty apparent people would rather just argue a point that has little to no supporting evidence and ignore information that doesn't support their "argument."

That's why we have comment after commenting about covering up tattoos, and continue to blithely ignore multiple media sources saying he wasn't asked to leave over tattoos.

*shrug*

link   

I would be irate if I was told to leave the pool because the guests didnt like something about me either. Regardless of if it is something I like or dislike...its not ok to kick someone out over tattoos or maybe how they dress or maybe cause they smoke or whatever...see what I'm getting at here. I'm not saying after he became irate he wasn't a problem and didn't need to leave. I'm saying he should have never been approached over it in the first place or at least not hassled over it. He had every right to be there and show the world how disgusting of a person he is.

Yes he had the right, in an absolutist sense. In an absolutist world, yes, those people who complained should have been able to just look at him with pity in their hearts and be saddened over the patheticness of a lost soul. However we do not live in that kind of world. People are frail and rather than respond with accepting stupididty, quite often end up displaying their own.

In this day of full body tattooing, this fellow chose to wear tattoos designed to entice overblown reaction. He got what he was after, rejection from people around him. He brought this on himself, and now he has his reward. He is a martyr for the Nazi cause. Hip hip hooray.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargamel

Wow! Four pages and we have someone equating this Nazi with the Jews in Nazi Germany. What has happened to this country?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: abago71

Nazi's take great pride in their tattoos and white supremacy, anti Jewish stance. I can see how some people of color and people of the Jewish religion might be offended by a symbol of racist connotation, used to exterminate 6 million people.

WWII is still fresh in the minds of many people that lost relatives fighting Nazi scum. I'm one of them.

And all of those precious Jews and perpetually offended people can eff off!

You're rights to be offended doesn't trample my right to express myself.

And the fact we have to even EXPLAIN that to morons in this day and age is a perfect reason be upset.

I'm getting closer to the idea that civil war is indeed coming.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join