It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos the next target for SJW?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blarneystoner

I'm not denying people's right to be offended, I'm just saying that they don't have a right to infringe on anyone else's rights.

I agree... but what rights are we talking about... ?

Free expression. Adorning yourself with tattoos that are disgusting. . . anything really.

I could get offended by "man-buns". But my being offended by them does not, in any way, empower me to do anything about what another chooses to do.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Jesus these are nazis we are talking about....my grandfather fought the bastards and some are saying it is okay for them to parade their nazi tattoos in public.
Sod em do people forget what they stand for?.
They are free to get as many nazi tats as they want but don't cry if people shun these bastards..Like they should be.

Maybe he used the swastika as a symbol to express his Satanic beliefs, along with the 666 and upside down cross. Less about Nazi's and more about "his religion". Does that make it ok now? Just curious where the line is and who defines that line.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not denying people's right to be offended, I'm just saying that they don't have a right to infringe on anyone else's rights.

Free expression. Adorning yourself with tattoos that are disgusting. . . anything really.

I could get offended by "man-buns". But my being offended by them does not, in any way, empower me to do anything about what another chooses to do.

And I agree with you... My point is that people also have the right to be disgusted and judgmental.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And I agree with you... My point is that people also have the right to be disgusted and judgmental.

Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
People feel empowered now to step up, get in your face, and lecture you about your "philosophy" of life.

It angers people. I remember being lectured a long time ago by a church elder because he thought my skirt was too short. It was embarrassing and hurtful, then it made me angry. If I was the person I am now, I would have turned to him and given him a mouthful of what I thought of his "opinion".

Get used to it people....Social warriorism is the "thing" now. Everybody is trying to be somebody and the old adage of 'live and let live' is going the way of the dodo bird.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My 30 year old son, who I unfortunately didn't get to raise or have ANY influence in his life, (terrible divorce where the ex took off with my son....back in the 1980's. I had no money to fight him or find them....anyhow...) In his early 20's, he spent 5 years in prison for beating someone up pretty badly with his bare hands. While in prison, he got a LOT of tattoos....he has them EVERYWHERE except his face. He has white supremacist tattoos,swastikas, etc......I worry about him as he is a loud, aggressive guy who got tattoos in prison and is NOT a white supremacist or neo nazi (he told me he had to join a gang in prison to get by....). He unfortunately took after me and is pretty opinionated and very verbal about it......

I think this country has lost its collective mind. I would suspect most, if not all of NAZIS are dead. It is a German historical term. I am in my early 50's and never recall such ugliness with regard to racism and name calling and this idiotic political correctness......while I am white...(who really cares)....I do not really care for what white supremacy stands for....NOBODY is better or more "supreme" than anyone else....especially with regard to the color of one's skin.....but I AM a nationalist....I believe in America and have a LOT of extreme views on what we should do as a country to become great again. (and none of them involve VIOLENCE or HATE). I believe there is a conspiracy going on and has been in the makes for DECADES.....the slow destruction, through education and media, of the nuclear family, conservative ideals, religious observance and a myriad of other things ALL brought about to bring about an engineered change. I grew up in Texas, and while I saw some ugliness, in general, there was little to no "racism" that I witnessed. Now before someone goes off on my "white privilege" or that my whiteness prevented me from witnessing it...I lived 17 years in Chicago and got PLENTY of crap for being white.....was even punched in the face once. Now, out of the blue (and after 8 years of Obama...yes, I think he had something to do with the change in society..."Hope and Change" remember?) everyone is angry, full of hate, calling one another racist....yet suddenly being WHITE is BAD somehow.....being a conservative is BAD somehow.....wanting to remember history the way it really is....is somehow racist......

I am not trying to be too much an alarmist...but if things don't change....the social engineering that has been going on for whatever nefarious reason...is going to go as planned.....and I see some draconian changes coming.....

Anyhow, I am staring to ramble......I fear for my son....for my daughter who is also opinionated, (but has no tattoos that have political meaning) and the rest of us....old and young....rich and poor......

again, this is my opinion....and I will NOT get involved in name calling, angry debates and will immediately go back to lurking if I get attacked. I have been a member of ATS for quite a while, but have become sad at all the anger and name calling I have seen here....please don't ...what is is....flame me......

Anyhow.....I share this information because I REALLY am worried about our country right now...it's likea reply to: abago71

edit on 8/18/2017 by Cornczech because: derp

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech
Thank you for the contribution!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Jesus these are nazis we are talking about....my grandfather fought the bastards and some are saying it is okay for them to parade their nazi tattoos in public.
They are free to get as many nazi tats as they want but don't cry if people shun these bastards..Like they should be.

I have relatives that fought the communists.

We should ban them also.

And I had family that fought the Indians (Texas Rangers), the Yankees, I mean Union...( oops, that make me racist or a white supremacist now?), the British (my family has been here since 1649)....maybe HUMANS should be banned.......seems we just can't get along.......

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

"Humanity would be a great contribution to the planet if it weren't for all the people."
-DBCowboy

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

if you have a white nationalist or Nazi tattoo, you can't join the any U.S. military organization, period......that's says it all

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Goes for gang tattoos too...... or anything that demoralizes women. Naked women tattoos would also prohibit a person from joining.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And I think now, any tattoos visible while wearing a dress uniform are also prohibited.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

the British (my family has been here since 1649)

Our families probably came over in the same boat...
. Parts of my family came over in 1648 to the Dutch colonies, another part to the Spanish colonies in California.

Other parts have been here since the Bering Sea land bridge was a thing...

About half of 'em are relative new comers, 1780's or there'bouts...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: VoxVirtus

Oh, look... Someone ignoring why the attention was drawn to the man.

You don't know why the attention was drawn to him. All that we know is that he has these tattoos, was talked to, became belligerent and was kicked out of the pool.

The rest of it is literally people filling in the blanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

So did mine. I guess what you really mean to say is our grandparents and parents... and brothers and uncles... fought for the ideas in our constitution... the ideas of our former sense of freedom. It's a pjblic pool, man. You don't have to like him, but you have to let him swim there unless there is a valid reason that'd get anybody kicked out.

That's the thing though... he wasn't swimming there. He was sitting there charging his phone, he was approached by a lifeguard who tried to talk to him and he became belligerent. For all we know the discussion had nothing to do with covering up tattoos, but simply to ask why he was utilizing the power facilities of the pool, which he may not necessarily be allowed to. Perhaps there was a slight bit of concern that he may have predatory intentions and they just wanted to figure out what was going on.
It's a public pool. He doesn't have to be swimming in order to be there. Maybe he had family there. Maybe he just liked the vibe at the pool. Maybe he was homeless and had to pay a small enterance fee to charge his phone somewhere.

According to the OP, the pool staff confronted him because of other peoples' concern over his tattoos. So, unless I'm missing something here it's pretty much as simple as he got kicked out by police for getting mad about getting kicked out by the pool staff who acted on the wishes of those who disliked his tattoos because it made them uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Moral of the story. Don't get a Nazi Tattoo. If you have one get it Covered up. Easy peasy. Make life easy for yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

So did mine. I guess what you really mean to say is our grandparents and parents... and brothers and uncles... fought for the ideas in our constitution... the ideas of our former sense of freedom. It's a pjblic pool, man. You don't have to like him, but you have to let him swim there unless there is a valid reason that'd get anybody kicked out.

That's the thing though... he wasn't swimming there. He was sitting there charging his phone, he was approached by a lifeguard who tried to talk to him and he became belligerent. For all we know the discussion had nothing to do with covering up tattoos, but simply to ask why he was utilizing the power facilities of the pool, which he may not necessarily be allowed to. Perhaps there was a slight bit of concern that he may have predatory intentions and they just wanted to figure out what was going on.
It's a public pool. He doesn't have to be swimming in order to be there. Maybe he had family there. Maybe he just liked the vibe at the pool. Maybe he was homeless and had to pay a small enterance fee to charge his phone somewhere.

According to the OP, the pool staff confronted him because of other peoples' concern over his tattoos. So, unless I'm missing something here it's pretty much as simple as he got kicked out by police for getting mad about getting kicked out by the pool staff who acted on the wishes of those who disliked his tattoos because it made them uncomfortable.

According to another post in the thread, nobody was aloud on the "deck" of this pool who wasn't swimming. And nowhere in the OP does it say they confronted him over his tattoos. It just says the "patrons objected to his presence", you can assume it was because of Tatts, I am saying that it COULD have been for some other reason. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it was because of his tattoos.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join