It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU claims Law enforcement stood down in hope violence would give them excuse to clear the area

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree in part, but I believe they stood down because the whole thing was manufactured and orchestrated from the very beginning. At its core, this was an orchestrated agit-prop operation.

m.youtube.com...

The sheeple are being played. As usual.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
what ever it takes to make the "alt-right" the victims....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's what happens when the communists show up to protest the nazis.

I'm sure the high ranking black city officials were real concerned about the protesters saftey.

I'm just floored that Democrats (the people you call "communists") are actually doing something more than just smoking pot.

Yeah, that kinda surprised me too.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't think Grambler or the ACLU are trying to make the Nazis the victim. In fact Grambler has said that everyone there were responsible for their own actions.

Now I do see people trying to use this as proof that the whole event was orchestrated by the Left/deep state/Illuminati/etc. And you could easily argue that those people are trying to deflect blame from literal Nazis.

I don't however think it's too far fetched to think that Charlottesville didn't want this protest (we already know they didn't) and as such they took a course of action that would allow them to shut it down ASAP.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
what ever it takes to make the "alt-right" the victims....

Who is trying to make the alt-right the victim? If anything the sentiment I read in this thread is that everyone aside from the elites that want to manufacture division are the victims, but go ahead and use your bipartisan slant to twist what is being said.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Having grown up in Virginia and being familiar with the type of mentality that the smaller towns/cities have in the area, I fully believe they intended to let things escalate so they could shut it down. I don't think that any of the protesters on either side were considered welcome there and to the officers their safety was not the priority...well not the protesters safety that is. What a lot of people don't realize is Charlottesville is still a kinda small country mountain town, even with UVA being there. There is for sure a good ol' boy backwoods mentality and vibe up there. Things are handled very differently in that climate...definetly not the way you see big cities do things.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is more to this than in the op link.
The "discussion" about this event went on for over a month.
The city/state, who cried about losing the case to the ACLU, did not make a case to the judge apparently.

www.breitbart.com...

In the weeks after the July 8 protests, the city (working with the governor and others) had ample opportunity to put together a case and present it in court on its own motion justifying the revocation of the permit and the imposition of a prior restraint on speech. If the judge in our case had been presented with any credible evidence or testimony by the city of an imminent threat of harm (other than a list of internet entries) or evidence that the change in permit would, in fact, result in no demonstration in downtown Charlottesville, I have confidence that he would have denied the injunction, and the city would have been faced with enforcing the change of venue and protecting demonstrators and counter-demonstrators in two locations. Instead, the city’s pleadings said that its decision to revoke the permit was based primarily on the unmanageable numbers of people who would show up. An affidavit from the police chief said that they expected twice as many counter-protesters (2,000) as protesters (1,000). Yet, the city did not revoke the permits for the counter-protesters, too. In light of those facts, the judge couldn’t get beyond the fact that the city hadn’t revoked all permits for demonstrations downtown on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I finding it funny everyone is blaming others rather than themselves for being at the location in the first place.

Everyone has a voice to be heard. Why not let the protesters say what they have to say without interference.

Because everyone wants to be heard

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
that's okay because the ACLU has fingers pointed at them...

let's see, the city wanted to move the event to a bigger, SAFER, area...
ACLU and Unite the Right couldn't stand for that, no they insisted that is be held there!
the judge didn't make that decision till friday night around 8 pm. or so..
www.nbc29.com...
so the city really didn't know what site to start preparing for until the night before the rally..
but, they really didn't even have that much time to adapt their plans because the unite the right group decided to surprise everyone with a secret torch rally that turned violent. saturday morning didn't seem to be any better, just more people and more violence!!! the event was shut down before it was even scheduled to start!

I'm sorry, but there seems to be pretty of blame to go around, quit pointing fingers at other trying to avoid the blame all involved shares!
edit on 15-8-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think the court decision pretty well laid out why simply moving Kessler's protest wasn't SAFER at all.

It creates two locations that need emergency services present. Counter-protesters would in all likelihood still show up at Kessler's event. Protesters would in all likelihood still show up at the initial site.

Simply moving him a few blocks away wouldn't have prevented clashes (evidence: the car attack took place blocks away from the park).

It's not the ACLU's fault that the city did a crap job of making their "case," if you can even call it a case when you so unevenly apply the law to two different groups.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: filter got me

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
As the real story keeps coming out in detail, we will soon know who the real perpetrators are.

All movies have directors.

willyloman.wordpress.com...

We have the stagehand that was on site

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

No surprise. They are praying for a civil war to break out in my opinion.

No surprise. They are praying for a civil war to break out in my opinion.

George Soros planned color Revolution. How many times and how many countries have we seen it happen? Also, you mean to tell me our politicians aren't knowingly in on it?

Check out the 1st 30 minutes of this video! The regular yvid bbc doesn't seem to work, so I will just post the hard link.

www.youtube.com...

Stranahan said in the video I posted that Saturdays event would be used to get rid of Bannon! Anyone listening to the news???
edit on 15-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
that's okay because the ACLU has fingers pointed at them...

let's see, the city wanted to move the event to a bigger, SAFER, area...
ACLU and Unite the Right couldn't stand for that, no they insisted that is be held there!
the judge didn't make that decision till friday night around 8 pm. or so..
www.nbc29.com...
so the city really didn't know what site to start preparing for until the night before the rally..
but, they really didn't even have that much time to adapt their plans because the unite the right group decided to surprise everyone with a secret torch rally that turned violent. saturday morning didn't seem to be any better, just more people and more violence!!! the event was shut down before it was even scheduled to start!

I'm sorry, but there seems to be pretty of blame to go around, quit pointing fingers at other trying to avoid the blame all involved shares!

So your saying they "didn't have enough time"
That's a pretty weak deflection.
So if I murder someone in CV, the police gonna need "more time" to set up roadblocks to prevent my escape from VA?

Poppycock

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There was a black guy on TV who was talking about how he was getting attacked by white nationalists, and there were police nearby, and he was left wondering why they weren't stepping in to help him.

There was totally a stand-down order from somewhere higher up. They wanted violence. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
edit on 15-8-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Aren't events like this supposed to have their own insurance and security in order to get permits?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catscratch

originally posted by: xuenchen
As the real story keeps coming out in detail, we will soon know who the real perpetrators are.

All movies have directors.

willyloman.wordpress.com...

We have the stagehand that was on site

Stunning !!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Agreed, the mayor even admits they had been planning for the event a long time and had over 1000 officers in attendance, more than enough to have prevented any violence.

Source www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Why else would police do nothing

Same reason for the Benghazi 'stand down'.

Political pressure from higher ups.

Mayor-Governor that benefits from never letting a good crisis go to waste.

Creating one.

This sort of stand-down policy happens way too frequently.
Remember Baltimore ?
Remember the shooter from the night club in Florida that the FBI had taken in 3 times previous. And then were asked let go all 3 times. Comey's FBI ? Takes a real high up official to have the FBI stand-down on an investigation into domestic terrorism not once , but 3 times.

edit on 8/15/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
STOP THE PRESSES!

I just saw this on Breitbart. The Southern Poverty Law Center (which is strongly left-wing, and tends to reflexively label any conservative group a "hate group" whether they deserve it or not) is reporting that the guy who organized the rally is a former Occupy Wall Street member and Obama supporter.

The left-wing SPLC is often partisan and overzealous in targeting hate groups, lumping legitimate conservative organizations together with actual extremists. Therefore its identification of Kessler’s left-wing roots is significant. The SPLC notes:

Rumors abound on white nationalist forums that Kessler’s ideological pedigree before 2016 was less than pure and seem to point to involvement in the Occupy movement and past support for President Obama. At one recent speech in favor of Charlottesville’s status as a sanctuary city, Kessler live-streamed himself as an attendee questioned him and apologized for an undisclosed spat during Kessler’s apparent involvement with Occupy. Kessler appeared visibly perturbed by the woman’s presence and reminders of their past association.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join