It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Need of a New Center - The Wisest Words On The Current Divide In The US Everyone Needs To Hear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Styx is spot on with what we're all in for if we all don't cool our heads, come together and reconstitute our values of LIBERTY and total free speech.

There's only two certainties and absolutes throughout all of human history, total free speech or violence. If we don't start listening to each other instead of demonizing, we're doomed.

So whatever side, color, creed, position philosophy or belief, take 20 minutes and listen to what this man has to say and his advice for all Americans. You'd doing yourself a grand disservice by not doing so.

Didn't really feel right to put this in the Mud-Pit, but it'd probably gotten moved here anyway.

"Peace Out"
edit on 15-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Personally, I've had my fill of the rhetoric both ways. A pox on supremacists and the guilt trippers.

Playing into either forwards the both.

Yawn at both. Ignore them and the subject. JMO, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The problem is, you're going to be consumed by this in one way or another if it keeps escalating. That's the point he's making, it's really worth entertaining if only to further your caution.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The problem, is that there is no communicating with either of the extreme sides of the spectrum.
They either don't want to hear it, don't want to fraternize with the enemy,
or (what I think it is)
Their whole identity is wrapped up in their extreme beliefs and will not allow ANYONE to shake the ground they are walking on.
People who resort to the type of extremism we are seeing, don't have much else to fall back on. Take away their "virtue" and they have nothing left.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The current 'divide' will last about 2 more years.

The last year of that cycle will put us in the 2020 election cycle.

Then it will be about how we all should come together and other rubbish.

What is going on now is about the midterms.

It's about creating so much chaos,resentment, out right HATRED someone takes back the house.

Politics is about perception people.

It never deals with reality.

edit on 15-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

The problem is, you're going to be consumed by this in one way or another if it keeps escalating. That's the point he's making, it's really worth entertaining if only to further your caution.

So many ways to be consumed. I'm not saying ignore it in the sense of denial. Of course, be aware and act accordingly. If no one is interested in taking out the 'funders' of these events, the planners, so on, then not much will change these events from that escalation. Regional martial law has been prepared for months ago.

I now prefer not being a party to them. Buy a little more food, 500 more rounds, watch the movie.....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well the first thing the "video guy" does is blame Republicans !!

BwaaaaaHaHaHa

But here's the real facts:

Only a few hundred people are ever involved in the violence end of "protests".

And most are paid.

Then the Democrat/MSM/Snowflake complex takes over.

And then we get all the MSM "commentators".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sound wisdom.

edit on 15-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
The problem, is that there is no communicating with either of the extreme sides of the spectrum.
or (what I think it is)
Their whole identity is wrapped up in their extreme beliefs and will not allow ANYONE to shake the ground they are walking on.
People who resort to the type of extremism we are seeing, don't have much else to fall back on. Take away their "virtue" and they have nothing left.

The communications are at the high levels, not the low levels.

All movies have directors.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Should have clarified...

"civil conversation"

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

or (what I think it is)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I pretty much agree with what he is saying. His idea that the violent far left will result in the rise of a right wing totalitarian state is compelling. However, what is the so called "communists" or left to do? Is the left supposed to just sit back and take everything that is going on in this country up the butt.

Here's what the so called "communists" want:

1. Address wealth inequality in this country (wealth inequality is at all time highs)
2. Healthcare security (healthcare costs are out of site)
3. Retirement security (nobody wants to retire in poverty)
4. The purchasing power of the median worker's wage is a poverty wage (prices keep rising wages are stagnant)
5. Police take too much enjoyment in cracking down on minorities (racial profiling and harassment)
6. Local government corruption (FBI is too busy working on terrorism to do anything about organized crime in government)

Every year the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Every year crime pays better than working hard. Every year healthcare costs rise 20%. Every year pensions are stolen through exotic Wall Street investment instruments. Every year the middle class wages are driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages.

The centrists, the libertarians, and the people on the right just do not care about the American worker. I totally get what Styx is saying about a radical militant left will give rise to Nazism in this country. But I don't think the left has any choice in the matter. I doubt anyone will start listening to what the left is grieving about any time soon. I'm not holding my breath. I expect more rioting to continue in every city.

edit on 15-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
You nailed it again.

Think I am going to take up Croket.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

or (what I think it is)

Wish they would write a new script.

Tired of sequels

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What if what Trump has done was to bring out the inner hate we all have?

Maybe he is a catalyst for our progressive movements.

He probably is the sword Jesus talks about. (I don't believe too much in the prophecies.)

It's worse ignoring the problem. It's best we let out everything we feel so as to cool down in a few years.

If it doesn't cool down, it wasn't Trump's fault or anybody else but our own.

For not listening to what the other had to say in order to disagree to agree.
edit on 09/04/1994 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This video was pretty good too.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

A huge part of the problem is that the moderation and rationality of the center has been tossed to the background in favor of partisanship. Guess what it's going to lead to. More of what we seen this weekend. It's going to get worse because the right and left aren't trying to hear it. It's an unfortunate reality, but a reality nonetheless.
edit on 15-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join