It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Macrento
(posted by theRiverGoddess)
What about the Edgar Cayce MAP??? Was that not very similar to the Gordon Micheal Scallion map? I think they are close enough for Goverment work.
In fact, close enough for hand grenades.
Scallion, too, like your beloved Op. Terra, looks to be a fraud...or maybe not. Anyway, Cayce talks about nearly all you see on that map:
1) "The greater change(...) in [North] America will be the North Atlantic Seaboard. Watch New York!"
2) "Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed as well as many portions of the west coast [and] the central portions of the United States."
3) "(...) lands will appear in the Atlantic as well as in the Pacific. And what is the coastline now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battlefields of the present will be ocean, will be the seas, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as with one another."
4) "Portions of the now east coast of New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. (...) the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear."
5) "The waters of the lakes [the Great Lakes] will empty into the Gulf [of Mexico] (...)."
6) "(...) among the safety lands (...) will be portions of what is now Ohio, Indiana and Illinois and much of the southern portion of Canada, and the eastern portion of Canada; while the western land, much of that is to be disturbed in this land, as, of course, much in other lands."
7) "There will be open waters in the northern portion of Greenland. There will be new lands seen off the Caribbean Sea and dry land will appear. South America shall be shaken from the uppermost portion to the end, and in the Antarctic off the Tierra del Fuego, land, and a strait with rushing waters."
8) "The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America."
That looks like a detailed description of the map.
Then there was this dream about his next reincarnation: "I had been born again in 2100 A.D. in Nebraska. The sea apparently covered all of the western part of the country, as the city where I lived was on the coast. (...) Water covered part of Alabama. Norfolk, Virginia, had become an immense seaport. New York had been destroyed either by war or an earthquake and was being rebuilt. Industries were scattered over the countryside. most of the houses were of glass."
(See Edgar Evans Cayce, Edgar Cayce on Atlantis, Paperback Library, N.Y., 1968, and M.A. Thurston, Ph.D., Visions and Prophecies for a New Age--Guidelines for the Future from Edgar Cayce and Other Psychics and Visionaries, A.R.E. Press (Edgar Cayce Foundation), Virginia Beach, 1981)
Originally posted by amatrine
What I would really like to see a map of is the projected zones of ash etc, if yellowstone were to erupt.
LONG VALLEY VOLCANIC CENTER VOLCANO (CAVW#1203-14-)
37.70°N 118.87°W, Summit Elevation 11122 ft (3390 m)
Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Aviation Color Code: GREEN
A magnitude M=4.3 earthquake at 7:44 AM (PDT) this morning (June 28) was located in the Sierra Nevada just south of Long Valley caldera (2 miles east of Convict Lake, 8 miles WNW of Tom's Place). This earthquake will have produced perceptible shaking throughout the Mammoth Lakes area. As of this update, it has produced only a few, small aftershocks, the largest of which was a M=1.3 earthquake at 8:03 AM.
The Long Valley Observatory (LVO) monitors and studies earthquakes, ground deformation, degassing, and other types of geologic unrest in and around the Long Valley Caldera. The 15 by 30 km Long Valley Caldera was formed during an eruption 760,000 years ago and is located 20 km south of Mono Lake along the east side of the Sierra Nevada in east-central California. There have been multiple smaller eruptions since the caldera-forming eruption with the most recent occurring 250 years ago in Mono Lake at the north end of Mono-Inyo Craters volcanic chain. LVO is one of the five USGS Volcano Observatories that monitor volcanoes within the United States for science and public safety.
Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
ahh geee Ive been on ATS a long time now it seems like.
Originally posted by zooplancton
i've always wanted to see the region in utah where i used to camp, at Luna Mesa. it was a giant reef. amazing.
[edit on 7/4/2008 by zooplancton]