It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future USA map?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
for some odd reason I am thinking AMUK, or VALLHAL would have this MAP?

Not me but I have seen several of them. Oddly enough I am in one of the few places that survive in all of them

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I saw a map that showed the effects of global warming on america and the world, there wasnt to many disaster zones, in fact Florida and Louisana were the only completely submerged states.

This isnt the site I saw them on origonaly, but these are the pictures:
resumbrae.com...

[edit on 2/9/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I looked at some of the future maps of North America and I keep noticed the same thing along with the different landscape of North America. Why do those people who drew it felt the need to prop up "the land of Atlantis", as if it came out of the Bermuda Triangle?

The real "Atlantis" or the mystical, legendary land of a far ancient time, may be either located in South America or under the sea near Cyprus.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
...but what about all the nasty tornadoes???? eeeeks.

With the different configuration of land mass, I assume the weather patterns would also change. Maybe tornados in different areas? Who knows?
I do know you can't worry about it. But, I'm glad I'm in the Midwest and not near the Rocky Mts. or the Mississippi

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Simple way to survive a tsunami...get some scuba gear with the oxygen tank and one of those rafts that inflate by themselves and go to a tall building and stay there till it hits.After it settles down swim to the top and break out the raft and wait for the rescue helicopters.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
only problem with "tsunami surfing" is that if you are dealing with a mega-tsunami as most of these catastrophic changes to coastlines indicate than there is no way for you to survive if you are in the area. You will either drown, be crushed by the volume of the water, be crushed by debris and entire buildings and structures hitting you, have a heartattack at the sight of your own destruction, etc...

sorry for the downer

~Rebel Saint~

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Whether its real or not,Earth will look similar to that in future.Global warming people.Fact,not fiction.

But nevertheless we must never let things get us down.Make the most of our lives.Live it to the fullest.We can never escape danger all the time.But theres no excuse for escaping happyness.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
Simple way to survive a tsunami...get some scuba gear with the oxygen tank and one of those rafts that inflate by themselves and go to a tall building and stay there till it hits.After it settles down swim to the top and break out the raft and wait for the rescue helicopters.

Good plan but you're forgetting one very important thing. It doesn't just settle down. The water recedes back to the ocean....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well I figure if you're on the top its less dangerous.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
aussie looks pretty much the same (apart from an inland lake that forms somehow)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I saw a map that showed the effects of global warming on america and the world, there wasnt to many disaster zones, in fact Florida and Louisana were the only completely submerged states.

This isnt the site I saw them on origonaly, but these are the pictures:
resumbrae.com...

[edit on 2/9/2005 by iori_komei]

Sweet I get some beach front property with that map
I wouldnt mind a increase in temp either around here.

Bring it on Global warming

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm in So Cal so I guess if there is any truth to those maps I'll either be on one of those little islands or no longer with you all. I remember in the early 90's I used to have a subscription to some earth changes report flyer/magazine type of thing that had this map, or a similar one, in it. It kind of made me nervous to read the reports but when I started seeing how many of this guys predictions never came true I stopped reading it, never renewed the subscription and haven't given it much thought since.

Call me nuts, but my LIFE is here. I was born here, raised here, am raising my children here. My family lives here, my friends live here, everything that makes me ME is here. I want to live for a looooooooooooong time and want to see my childrens' children and maybe even their children, but if some unbelievably horrible natural disaster takes me out, at least I died in a place that was near and dear to my heart and that I was able to call 'home' for 37 years!

Jemison

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Damn, if London gets underwater I have to move!

Seriously if that happend, Id enjoy the journy. Maybe that might be a good idea?

Shame Londons only the half of it!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I would LIKE to see the Edgar Caycee map.

I have heard its very close to the the color one we see on page one. I have perused the Caycee sites to no avail yet. Maybe its something only for sale?

I am seriously thinking about a move to New Mexico, it is beautifull there, and I learned to drive in Farmington, many many years ago. Nice place.

I am having many SCAREY dreams wich are compelling me to move to a safer spot

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ya'know, if there is a major earth shift like on these maps, I wouldn't move to an area that has volcanic activity in the past.

Roper

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i once heard a theory that everyone living within like 20 miles from water would be underwater by the end of like 2004.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Ya'know, if there is a major earth shift like on these maps, I wouldn't move to an area that has volcanic activity in the past.

Roper

Not a whole lot of places havn't had volcanic activity in the past =)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
100-meter rise global warming map takes out the place I wana visit most Amsterdam
-medical marijuana patient

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks for all the maps. Now I know that I really SHOULD
go mountain biking in Moab within the next 2 years.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
wew man I almost got taken out on that map , oklahoma is awful close to the sinking zone ,,,,,,I guess Im going to be getting some new neighbors if this happens......people from California drive like me so traffic changes wont both me , its those dang lookie loos that are used to cruising the vegas strip staring at all the tourists and not the road I worry about ,,,,,,,personal note , I hope
Choppers gets out because I wanted to get one of their bikes as a retirement cruiser you know???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join