It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump retweets CNN Reporter getting hit by a train cartoon.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: eXia7

It's a picture of a train hitting a CNN logo. Big deal. There is no correlation between the PICTURE of a train hitting a CNN logo, and white supremacists mowing people down with an actual car.

No the picture is depicting a person with the CNN logo on their face being hit by the train.

Hmm, sound like you still haven't worked out what the cartoon is actually portraying.
Perhaps you are just trying to associate two completely different things in an attempt to help yourself be outraged?

I get what it is portraying.

Trump powering over CNN, its a depiction of how he is powering over the "fake news" steam rolling them if you would like.

I get the picture.

My point is that its in pretty bad tastes in my view, now if you disagree again that is fine.

As I suspected - you don't understand.

Firstly, what the cartoon is NOT about... it's not about violence, it's not about murder, it's not about race, it's not about hate. It has absolutely zero to do with anything that happened in Charlottesville.

It is actually about CNN proactively trying to hold back the Trump presidency, not being in the way and getting run over. It portrays an effort in vain to hold back a force much more powerful than they are. The clue is in the picture - particularly the feet of the 'cnn character'.

Quite how you associate a cartoon portraying CNN's effort and the vanity of that effort with a nazi running unsuspecting people over with a car, only you know, but, like I said, I suspect you saw an article and jumped at an excuse to post an anti-Trump thread.

The cartoon is an excellent piece of political art and well worth a retweet.
edit on 15/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There's no pendulum here buddy.
It's just trump being ignorant.
Don't try to pretty it up with philosophy.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

It's a picture of a train hitting a CNN logo. Big deal. There is no correlation between the PICTURE of a train hitting a CNN logo, and white supremacists mowing people down with an actual car.

No the picture is depicting a person with the CNN logo on their face being hit by the train.

Are you serious right now? You're arguing semantics? Its clearly a photo about trumps ongoing battle with CNN and fake news. Not promoting hate so white supremacist idiots will misconstrue his message and run over protestors with a train.

I see your point. But given everything that has happened the last few days, do you really it was a political savvy, judicious thing to do at this time? Or could there be some poor judgment and (I hate to say it, not a big fan of buzzwords) but microaggression at play here?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

There's a person being mown down by the train.
But trump doesn't get how that's inappropriate. And I see you don't either.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Are you serious right now? You're arguing semantics? Its clearly a photo about trumps ongoing battle with CNN and fake news. Not promoting hate so white supremacist idiots will misconstrue his message and run over protestors with a train.

I see your point. But given everything that has happened the last few days, do you really it was a political savvy, judicious thing to do at this time? Or could there be some poor judgment and (I hate to say it, not a big fan of buzzwords) but microaggression at play here?

I just see it as humor. It doesn't trigger an emotion inside of me. I don't feel offended that a CNN logo was hit by a cartoon train.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Firstly, what the cartoon is NOT about... it's not about violence, it's not about murder, it's not about race, it's not about hate.

I Never said it was!

Honestly I do not care if you disagree with me on it but please don't treat me like a moron, don't pretend I have said something when I have not.

I said that I felt the image was depicting how Trump is powering through the "fake news" CNN, overpowering them I guess you could add to that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

There's a person being mown down by the train.
But trump doesn't get how that's inappropriate. And I see you don't either.

refer to response to angeldoll.

You're being silly. Like your name.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard & Gryphon66

Oh, the hypocrisy of the Trump haters......behold, the most powerful person in the world at the time - acting like the 2-faced bigoted #-wit he really is.....

'same dog - just different leg-action'

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

FFS quit using the death of the poor woman as a #ing excuse to justify your hate for Trump and his administration. Holy # this exploitation of her corpse is reaching necropheila levels. You and all the others make me sick to my stomach. Have you no shame? #ing hypocrites.

He called all sides out and you got your panties in a bunch because he accused all of you #ing whiny little crybabies. Rightfully so. No side is #ing innocent. So quit this bull# and start condemning both sides.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: #ing gremlin...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

To be honest, I don't have an emotional response to it either. I simply object to it intellectually, and find it very revealing about trump's own internal emotional state.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Definition of optics
: a science that deals with the genesis and propagation of light, the changes that it undergoes and produces, and other phenomena closely associated with it

plural in form but singular in construction : the aspects of an action, policy, or decision (as in politics or business) that relate to public perceptions

Trump is generally fairly honest about his feelings. I'm not sure he has the option not to be.

He's fairly clearly telling us all that he appreciates violence and the depiction of violence. It's a wink-and-a-nod to his White Nationalist/Supremacist and Nazi followers that he's got their backs.

Notice that when David Duke told him to shut up on Twitter, he shut up.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

To be honest, I don't have an emotional response to it either. I simply object to it intellectually, and find it very revealing about trump's own internal emotional state.

I feel the same way.

Yet they want to pretend that we are all clouded by emotion, when really its a intellectual disagreement we have with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think you're putting too much thought into it. I get it, its cool to bash trump tho. Get it while you can I suppose. XD

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interestingly, the cartoon depicts the Trump Train tearing up the tracks (via running over a CNN reporter) which will result in its derailment.

Art imitates life.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

FFS quit using the death of the poor woman as a #ing excuse to justify your hate for Trump and his administration. Holy # this exploitation of her corpse is reaching necropheila levels. You and all the others make me sick to my stomach. Have you no shame? #ing hypocrites.

He called all sides out and you got your panties in a bunch because he accused all of you #ing whiny little crybabies. Rightfully so. No side is #ing innocent. So quit this bull# and start condemning both sides.

I find you utterly absurd. And by the way, having quoted you, your language is despicable. I don't appreciate your approaching me in this childish hostile way. You sound like you are foaming at the mouth with hostility, like so many others with your mindset. Please don't address me again.

And by the way, your strawman argument (I make you sick to your stomach with necrophilia? is laughable.) Shove it.
edit on 8/15/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Firstly, what the cartoon is NOT about... it's not about violence, it's not about murder, it's not about race, it's not about hate.

I Never said it was!

Honestly I do not care if you disagree with me on it but please don't treat me like a moron, don't pretend I have said something when I have not.

I said that I felt the image was depicting how Trump is powering through the "fake news" CNN, overpowering them I guess you could add to that.

So it has nothing to do with Charlottesville then - so we agree.
Now explain to me why the retweet is a problem, again?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He's never going to "get" it.
Never.
edit on 8152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He's not gone by to "get" it.
Never.

Agreed. It's a waste of energy.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Interestingly, the cartoon depicts the Trump Train tearing up the tracks (via running over a CNN reporter) which will result in its derailment.

Art imitates life.

Actually, it depicts a person heaving their back against the train and digging their heels into the tracks for leverage - hence the tracks ripping up, but given your last post I can see you already lost your mind. In that sense, the President wore you down and now owns your mind.
edit on 15/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join