It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump retweets CNN Reporter getting hit by a train cartoon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

It's a picture of a train hitting a CNN logo. Big deal. There is no correlation between the PICTURE of a train hitting a CNN logo, and white supremacists mowing people down with an actual car.

No the picture is depicting a person with the CNN logo on their face being hit by the train.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The president is generally seen as speaking for the country. The country must look quite juvenile to the world given much of what has been tweeted and said.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You obviously are just as
You just don't get it.
You don't have what it takes to understand.
I'm not surprised.
Now I can identify all the haters and bigots and racists hiding here in alt right land.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This does not seem like adult behavior by the most powerful person in the world. It is tasteless, boorish and not funny considering how fake the news is from the White House itself these days.

Now, if he privately sent it to a staff member or advisor via email or something protected, he could have a laugh and that's ok. But to retweet it like this, one wonders if it isn't a threat.

As usual, if Obama had done it to FOX news... how many Right leaning heads here would explode? How many would be worried about the freedom of the press and thinking maybe Obama was going to go full dictator and crush the Press?

See, if Obama had done that, I would also have found it inappropriate, and I would feel he'd made a horrible mistake - it would make him look terrible, and cue the 24/7 outrage fest from the political right, the condemnation of GOP, etc - and THEY WOULD BE RIGHT TO CONDEMN HIM FOR IT.

Ugh.

edit on 15-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This isn't politics.
What policy are we debating?
This is morality and scruples were discussing. Ignorance.
He's a very ignorant man.
He is unfit to be president and the sooner he is not the better off our country will be.

Ill say this every day until it happens.

And it's going to happen.

No, this is just another incident for you to get on your soap box and whine about how trump is evil, and how dare he post a cartoon photo of something not even related to an incident in real life.

You just find any opportunity to try and bash trump, or any conservative idea. And how is this not political? Its a topic about the president of the united states, and how much you hate him and his policies.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

You obviously are just as
You just don't get it.
You don't have what it takes to understand.
I'm not surprised.
Now I can identify all the haters and bigots and racists hiding here in alt right land.

Ah here we go running out of arguments and throwing labels around is the new go to excuse to avoid any serious discussion. Well whatever floats your boat. Have a nice day.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's a picture of a train hitting a CNN logo. Big deal. There is no correlation between the PICTURE of a train hitting a CNN logo, and white supremacists mowing people down with an actual car.

No the picture is depicting a person with the CNN logo on their face being hit by the train.

Hmm, sounds like you still haven't worked out what the cartoon is actually portraying.
Perhaps you are just trying to associate two completely different things in an attempt to help yourself be outraged?
edit on 15/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Are you serious right now? You're arguing semantics? Its clearly a photo about trumps ongoing battle with CNN and fake news. Not promoting hate so white supremacist idiots will misconstrue his message and run over protestors with a train.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oops, I accidentally wondered into the snowflake section.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I more surprised they said said CNN reporter instead of cnn actor

Seriously it's a cartoon and the last thing I get offended about is a cartoon. Plus people who hate trump lose their minds and I always enjoy that

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

There is no correlation between the PICTURE of a train hitting a CNN logo, and white supremacists mowing people down with an actual car.

Then look at it this way. People are voicing their opinions more than ever, that he has endorsed violence in several ways, and now has failed to criticize and denounce the violence that occurred in Virginia directly enough. These are not 'good things' that are being thrown his way. He is aware of it. He has been chastised by his staff because of it.

So, knowing he is receiving flak from condoning violence, he then posts a cartoon condoning violence. That is the cognitive disconnect. But again, from the emotional side, posting it is like "nanna nanna". It's a childish "you can't make me, you can't me) reaction. We need a mature person in this office. Not a toddler.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hmm, sound like you still haven't worked out what the cartoon is actually portraying.
Perhaps you are just trying to associate two completely different things in an attempt to help yourself be outraged?

I get what it is portraying.

Trump powering over CNN, its a depiction of how he is powering over the "fake news" steam rolling them if you would like.

I get the picture.

My point is that its in pretty bad tastes in my view, now if you disagree again that is fine.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So, knowing he is receiving flak from condoning violence, he then posts a cartoon condoning violence. That is the cognitive disconnect. But again, from the emotional side, posting it is like "nanna nanna". It's a childish "you can't make me, you can't me) reaction. We need a mature person in this office. Not a toddler.

A very good point!

link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Are you serious right now? You're arguing semantics? Its clearly a photo about trumps ongoing battle with CNN and fake news. Not promoting hate so white supremacist idiots will misconstrue his message and run over protestors with a train.

I fear he is being serious - but he does not understand the cartoon's message. He was just told to be upset about it by a media article, so here he is and here's this thread.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: eXia7

I fear he is being serious - but he does not understand the cartoon's message. He was just told to be upset about it by a media article, so here he is and here's this thread.

Read above I understand the message.

I just think its in bad taste.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Say it loud Angel !!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

... but hey, the tasteless and boorish think it's great!

I think it's great that they finally have someone to identify with, LOL.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

We need a mature person in this office. Not a toddler.

So you rather have a hand chosen puppet to lead the country?

It doesn't matter who is president, the elite ultimately make decisions. Everybody is busy bickering over left/right issues, and its all an illusion.

The social engineering is working perfectly. The masses are all hyped up and at each others throats over petty #. I can't help but just sit here and laugh at all the sheep calling other people sheep.
edit on 8/15/2017 by eXia7 because: messed up the quote thingy

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

, its really not on topic and is just derailing the thread

I am pretty sue that's the goal.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

, its really not on topic and is just derailing the thread

I am pretty sue that's the goal.