It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Implications of Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Dude I'd really miss you, your like my brother in arms her on ATS!

We are going to come back to ATS in the next life right!?!
edit on 8 153815 1717 by WUNK22 because: Spell

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Ummm...the only thing for certain is that the physical nature dies...if one were to consider that consciousness is downloadable or continues much like software or programs/files in "the cloud" beyond the destruction of the physical drive...then perhaps all that's needed is the proper code...further...perhaps...much like DNA consciousness is merely encoding...

What your describing is death of consciousness along with death of the host organism...When such may not be the case...

It's fascinating to speculate one way or the other...however...one of us is wrong...or we're both right...or it's so vastly different than experience here that it's indescribable...or so overly simplistic that we all over think it...

I'm content to wait until that time...too many things to ponder...too many sunrises yet to see...to many experiences left to fathom...

All the worlds a stage...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All I care about is seeing my dad again. If I don't get to see him again then kill me dead permanently.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What if we are wrong about the rules of reincarnation? What if instead of everyone comming back as a lap cats, puppy dogs or butterfly they just returned as a whinny crying baby in the arm of a previously older reincarnated whiny crying adult. Instead of waking up to warm furry pats on the head we wake up to disappointment and regret.

What if the process is more of a cycle of bitterness and weekness, designed to break us down. What we see now is a product of millions of bitter reincarnated souls that are trapped in slow free fall, wishing for peace and rest but In the end receiving zero for thier efforts.

Sorry to be such a downer. I personally don't believe in reincarnation. I have put my hope and faith in Christ Jesus.

““Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
bible.com...

edit on 15-8-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2017 by lizardghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
is your hamburger going to come back to life

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Don't worry, reincarnation is a myth and when you die, the world from your perspective ceases to exist.

The best you can do to be reincarnated is to live a great life and leave a strong spirit behind to influence those who remain.

Life is real simple if one stops confusing the obvious with a sense of self importance, we are all part of something bigger and should enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

It's not just any comedy show, it targets kids even though officially it doesn't (It's actually rated PG 13) due to it starring Bill Nye who happened to be the star of the 90s kids show Bill Nye the Science Guy.

In another video like this (Though this one got deleted) some people in the comment section actually considered converting to Christianity after seeing this garbage because to them it's proof that degeneracy is really that bad.

My point is though is that degeneracy is spreading and it will only get worse.
edit on 8/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lizardghost

Anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
"Death is the release from all pain and complete cessation, beyond which our suffering will not extend. It will return us to that condition of tranquility, which we had enjoyed before we were born... - Seneca (4 BC - 63 AD)

What the Buddha claims is quite different from this. According to parts of the Tipitaka, the 'mental' or spiritual condition at the time of your death will be the same or similar mental and spiritual condition at your next birth. Consciousness does not cease at the time of death. It continues in another existence.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ah sod it this needs to be said.
What you deserve karma wise is to come back as a protester who gets run down by a nazi scumbag.
That would be karma.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I thought reincarnation as an idea had more than one level of being and was not only stuck in this mmorpg.

From my point of view this is a low level logical awareness level (barbaric hell dimension). A place where higher level spirits can fall to experience high separation disconnection (duality) and where lower level spirits can grow upwards based on merit (lack of karma). Any soul can ascend or fall depending on fruits.

Sooner or later every spirit get the mirror action returned to them. For the wise who think long term that is a blessing. For the unwise it becomes a curse created by themselves.

Just because every soul have the same max potential do not mean all souls are born on the same level of awareness.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Wouldn't be surprised, it was pretty cringy and I honestly think it had the opposite effect of what they intended, when push comes to shove. Actually Christianity might be the new counter culture soon, I think some anons on /pol/ are looking to it as an answer.

I guess I just don't think that particular video would be harmful, even to a kid. But I can see where you are coming from. PC does go too far some times, with censorship for example.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yeah I've been really interested in reincarnation and Hinduism beliefs recently. This place can be Heaven or Hell depending on who you are and where your born. I sure as hell hope we don't just live and die, so if reincarnation is how it is, I am very grateful to be able to experience the world again.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I feel that we aren't completely dead and gone once our bodies die.

In regards to reincarnation, I'm mixed as to if it exists. If I had to hazard a theory or two, reincarnation is either you going into an alternate universe (and thus, becoming an alternate version of "yourself"), or you becoming every person that lived on earth.

If I were some supreme divine entity, I wouldn't want to have just any old person come and join me. I'd want them to experience and learn: For example, maybe for your next life you become your arch enemy; while your life is set in stone, your memory of your previous "life" would be erased until death again. If you look at it that way, maybe it's a bit of a reminder to treat people nicely, for you could possibly...only be hurting yourself.

-foss

top topics

<< 1   >>

join